Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ADVER: Fitton Back In Uk to Finish Takeover  (Read 24069 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 09:41:53 »

if you believe we can continue to lurch from crisis to crisis for an indefinite period of time, then so be it. however, that is naive in the extreme - SSW has kept the club afloat by mortgaging every property he has, what happens when that money runs out?

fitton might not be the saviour, nor might he turn out to be the right man to take this club forward but we do not have the luxury of time and beggars cannot be choosers.

this club needs new owners and if fitton is the man to takeover then i'll be thrilled.

fwiw, he's made all the right noises and the way he's conducted business in tems of negotiations is very encouraging and suggests that he will run this club like a proper business.

not all clubs have overdue CVA payments due to HRMC which threatens our very existence - that is indisputable fact my german friend.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 09:45:44 »

I agree any NEW money invested is vital and essential to maintaining a football club of any substance, and I also agree Mr Fitton does appear to going about it the right way. Its just when investors - not just him- use the board as an excuse, I do question whether or not they really want to. But who can blame them a club is a great big money pit that constantly needs feeding

I come from a land down-under
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 09:46:05 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Quote from: "herthab"
We've had a number of takeover offers, but they always seem to stall. For a club in debt, with no real assets, ie ground, how much do you think we're worth?

Protesting may achieve very little, but doing fuck all (Which you appear to advocate) does exactly that............................FUCK ALL

we are have negative equity and therefore are worth whatever minus figure the debts equate to. I don't think as supporters short of not turning up every game - which people just will not do en mass (and anyway this would hit the club in the pocket so is not a great idea to hurt the finances even more) there is much that can be done

Ok. You do nothing then.

I'm not going to resort to personal insults, I just can't understand the mentality of someone who purports to be a Swindon fan just letting the club lurch from crisis to crisis without at least voicing their dissatisfaction with those at the helm.

I'd rather 'waste' my time protesting than do nothing, at least I'll know I did all I could.................................

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 09:47:54 »

Let the protest begin, I will be in the Merlin by 1...lets do it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonic youth

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:07:44 »

I agree any NEW money invested is vital and essential to maintaining a football club of any substance, and I also agree Mr Fitton does appear to going about it the right way. Its just when investors - not just him- use the board as an excuse, I do question whether or not they really want to. But who can blame them a club is a great big money pit that constantly needs feeding

what's the single common factor in the failed takeovers?

if they didn't really want to takeover, why would they piss about trying? they're businessmen, not minor celebrities.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:08:37 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

what's the single common factor in the failed takeovers?

if they didn't really want to takeover, why would they piss about trying? they're businessmen, not minor celebrities.

yes, I see what you mean. I think they look at the finances closely and :shock:

I come from a land down-under
sonic youth

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:14:47 »

and who is to blame for the state of the finances at STFC?
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:32:16 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
and who is to blame for the state of the finances at STFC?

the fans?
fatbury

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:32:34 »

its disappointing nothing has been concluded .. is Fitton pissing us around too I ask myself?? Was there ever a serious takeover bid?? Is it just another bid to buy some time??
lebowski

« Reply #159 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:33:50 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
its disappointing nothing has been concluded .. is Fitton pissing us around too I ask myself?? Was there ever a serious takeover bid?? Is it just another bid to buy some time??

by all accounts he put some money up front to keep HMRC sweet, so i would suggest that he is, or was, very serious.
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:34:05 »

I think Fitton's trying to do a deal. But he's not stupid - he's a businessman who's after the best possible deal he can get. And time's on his side. If the end really is nigh for the club in its current state then the "price" (i.e. future rights etc) gets cheaper by the day.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:40:18 »

It's not Fitton that's messing around it's this fucking board, they amended the last deal with BEST at the last minute and they are doing the same again, hopefully today they will get the message that we want them and fitton in now, this cannot go on much longer the board are taking the piss.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #162 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:44:24 »

I've noticed that banbury has posted on thisis that diamond is not in the running? this indicates that wills could possibly be the one delaying this takeover?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:46:48 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
I've noticed that banbury has posted on thisis that diamond is not in the running? this indicates that wills could possibly be the one delaying this takeover?

Possibly. Unless he means that after last nights meeting Diamond is no longer a factor in getting a deal done.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 10:48:53 »

Well if it's not diamond that's messing things up it's will's either way they need to go now because i'm sick of this crap and everyone else is, why can't they just get the fuck out of our club? i hope there is alot of chanting for fitton today especially as he is going to be at the game, come on fitton get this scum out of our club.

Also banbury has said that the outcome must be concluded by next week so time is running out, i wonder if he means by monday or next friday? i think he's indicating that there may be a HMRC deadline of next week.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: