Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: tasers - safe as houses  (Read 3931 times)
sonic youth

« on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:39:40 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7095875.stm

might as well give them guns!
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:52:29 »

To be fair he looks like a heart attack in a pitta with extra donner and chilli sauce.

It’s also hard to sympathise when he has acted like a complete and utter aggressive tosser at an immigration desk.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 12:58:49 »

If you didn't speak the native language and were being held by police, wouldn't you be a little scared and upset?

Tasers should be banned IMHO.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 13:09:16 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
If you didn't speak the native language and were being held by police, wouldn't you be a little scared and upset?

If he didn't speak the lingo what was he doing moving to another country? But that’s another topic altogether.  

Golden rule.  You don't ever, ever get aggressive with customs or immigration ever.  If you are emigrating to a new country even with a visa these are the blokes that have the final say on your entry.  Even if you’re confused if you kick off especially in the paranoid state of the world and airports at the whole you deserve everything you get in my opinion.

Tasers are generally safe enough if used with discretion and care.  You look at the stats on the deaths in the US and they’re generally to those who are as high as a kite on crack or have a heart that’s about to pop anyway.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 13:12:22 »

Ok fair enough, but say if your father, who has a heart condition was tasered and it killed him.

How would you feel then?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 13:17:57 »

Ok fair enough, but say if your father, who has a heart condition was tasered and it killed him.

How would you feel then?

Pretty bad, but then if your dad had a week heart and died, say, at a footy match because of the excitement you wouldn't say ban football...
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 13:28:52 »

How would you feel then?

Hungry.

I'd have to get the fava beans on sharpish.  Seriously though if he was a walking time bomb anyway and acted aggressively like that to the extent where he had to be restrained with a Taser then you can’t really scream blue blooded murder.

Who is to say that being physically restrained wouldn’t have pushed the sweaty Pole off the edge anyway?

neville w

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 13:45:29 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"

If he didn't speak the lingo what was he doing moving to another country? But that’s another topic altogether.  

Golden rule.  You don't ever, ever get aggressive with customs or immigration ever.  If you are emigrating to a new country even with a visa these are the blokes that have the final say on your entry.  Even if you’re confused if you kick off especially in the paranoid state of the world and airports at the whole you deserve everything you get in my opinion.

Tasers are generally safe enough if used with discretion and care.  You look at the stats on the deaths in the US and they’re generally to those who are as high as a kite on crack or have a heart that’s about to pop anyway.

Completely with Dazzza on this. I'd also add "trying to be a smart ass "or "cracking jokes" to the list of noes.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:00:01 »

What do you suggest as an alternative then Ralphy? Feather dusters? The only other option is firearms and it will be a sad day when the the ordinary british bobby has to carry a gun

Sad to say, i must be on my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:08:25 »

It's all about punishment fitting the crime surely?

The bloke got a bit lairy, does that justify his death?

It's All Good..............
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:11:17 »

Quote from: "herthab"

no, but they didnt deliberatly kill him
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:14:01 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

no, but they didnt deliberatly kill him

I was commenting on the people that have said it was his own fault and he asked for it, not the poor bastard who accidently killed him.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:15:02 »

No, no it doesn't but in a busy airport someone behaving even slightly wierd arrouses suspicion - throwing tables around is bound to get the security a little jumpy - tasers are better than chasing round the airport scaring the sh1t out of other folks.

The fella certainly didn't deserve to die but he was asking for trouble.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:16:36 »

He was playing up in an airport, Didnt speak english and was acting like a twat.How were they to know that the bloke had a heart condition? If he was in possesion of a bomb and had activated it the public would have asked why the officers didnt react quickly enough .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 14:25:47 »

Quote from: "Fogster"

He was playing up in an airport, Didnt speak english and was acting like a twat.How were they to know that the bloke had a heart condition? If he was in possesion of a bomb and had activated it the public would have asked why the officers didnt react quickly enough .

I would have thought that if someone was carrying a bomb, the last thing they'd do would be to act like a twat, more likely to try and remain inconspicuous.

Tasers are being suggested in this country as a means of contolling people by the Police. If someone went out on a Friday night, got pissed up and started trouble, the Police could use a taser to take him out. If he had a heart condition they could kill him.

Don't know about you, but I think that's a bit extreme.............

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: