Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: tasers - safe as houses  (Read 3932 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 15:16:07 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
yeah. you can see the full video here]. i couldn't stomach watching it all but he didn't look as if he was likely to cause anyone much trouble.

reading the beeb article suggests that security were rather heavyhanded - no attempt to find a translator to talk to him, he was waiting to meet his mother in baggage collection. if you were in a foreign country being filmed by strangers and with staring at you, i'd like to see how you'd react.

ben's right as well, what would they have done if they didn't have tasers?

i wouldn't start throwing furniture around thats for sure.
i'd find a phone and ring someone. that someone being the person i was going to meet.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 15:17:52 »

Used a lassoo?  

It does say it looked like he picked up a stapler and he was throwing things around so he may well have hurt somebody - I haven't watched it at all 'cause I'm 'at work'
sonic youth

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 15:26:09 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
i wouldn't start throwing furniture around thats for sure.
i'd find a phone and ring someone. that someone being the person i was going to meet.

read the article. he'd been waiting there for ten hours, if he had a mobile phone on him do you not think he might have already done that?
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 15:27:51 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Used a lassoo?  

It does say it looked like he picked up a stapler and he was throwing things around so he may well have hurt somebody - I haven't watched it at all 'cause I'm 'at work'

i didn't watch that far, the first half of the video he just wanders around holding a small folding table.

totally agree that throwing stuff around was a stupid thing to do but is it not fair to say that the police/airport security could have dealt with it a little less agressively?
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 15:44:58 »

without doubt they were heavy handed as one sting would have been more than sufficient( if needed at all), the trouble is that Yanks and Canadians issue Tasers and Firearms to all officers and not all officers are suitable to carry them.The British firearms teams are carefully selected for their calmness and passive nature and the actual course sorts the wheat fron the chaff

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:05:32 »

Looks like the guy had a panic attack and went a but delirious. He was always going to get restrained acting like he did, but the police didn't try and calm the situation down.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:07:55 »

Quote from: "Fogster"
without doubt they were heavy handed as one sting would have been more than sufficient( if needed at all), the trouble is that Yanks and Canadians issue Tasers and Firearms to all officers and not all officers are suitable to carry them.The British firearms teams are carefully selected for their calmness and passive nature and the actual course sorts the wheat fron the chaff

The British police are prone to screw up. Taking the Jean Charles de Menezez incident for example.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:08:11 »

They tazered him once, which i can sort of agree with cause he was being a dick. But if hes on the floor having convulsions, then why the hell tazer him again?!

Things get better but they never get good
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:14:27 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

The British police are prone to screw up. Taking the Jean Charles de Menezez incident for example.

Who was wearing a rucksack,on the underground, and failed to stop running when instructed to by the police.A sad incident but he would be alive today if he had listened and done what he was told.

dell boy

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:18:10 »

Who was wearing a rucksack,on the underground, and failed to stop running when instructed to by the police.A sad incident but he would be alive today if he had listened and done what he was told.

I thought the new official report says he was sitting on a seat next to a lady in the underground train doing absolutely nothing wrong when he was shot in front of the other passenger!!!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:20:28 »

Actually Fogster, I watched all the stuff a couple of weeks ago about the inquest, transpires he was calmly sitting down on a train when asked to have a word with someone when he was brutally taken out.

All the stuff they said at the start about him running etc. seems to be complete fabrication.

Was a disgrace what happened - they also doctered photos of him to make him look more like the guy they were actually after so they say.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:22:04 »

Fair enough, i stand corrected. Great debate though chaps! keep it going

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:27:01 »

No worries my man - if I hadn't happened to be in front of the tv at the right time I'd still think it was how they said in the first place, was really quite shocking...
Gazza's Fat Mate

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:30:06 »

as my old football coach used to say if in doubt kick it out!
neville w

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, November 15, 2007, 16:32:46 »

What is not in doubt , I believe, is that he was here illegally, having outstayed a student visa
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: