Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: unexpected celeb encounters  (Read 44632 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:03:42 »

Was she really that bad???

I know you love her so wont think anything bad of her, but she has a ridiculous amount of people around her and yet she still wont get onto stage on time. 

I dont like performers disrespecting the people who have made them stars in this way.  Kids were at the show who, because she couldn't be arsed to get on stage, would probably have got home really late.  No respect for her audience. 

When I eventually got all her dancers round to her she then kept them waiting for 10 minutes before gracing them with her presence.  She then did a sodding prayer with them, keeping all the audience, the fans, the tv viewing public, waiting another 10 minutes.  The fans put you where you are, respect them.

Rant over.

Never knowingly overstated.
Honky McCracker

can I see your socks

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:09:16 »

I had a shouting converstion with Frank Skinner at an EMINEM gig a few years ago. He was on the uper level with the VIP's. I asked if he enjoyed the gig, he said he liked my coat. That was it really.

Can I see ya socks?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:25:46 »

Last year I was in Selfridges and some girl barged by me and started telling the woman in front how she was her biggest fan, the woman turned round and it was Amy Winehouse.
Not a fan of hers at all but still found myself smiling at her as we made eye contact....then i spoilt it by looking down at her tits
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:33:46 »

Met T V Smith, formerly with a band called the Adverts, 2 weeks ago. He was headlining at a smallish music venue called Stadion here in Munich. My mate Jol was support, and we all chatted after the gig. Great set, top bloke. T V Smith I mean, Jol was ok too.

Probably obscure unless you're into Punk.
Aaayyyyy! I'm impressed, for what little that counts for. Are the Adverts/TV Smith really that obscure? I always thought of them as one of the more mainstream New Wave/Punk bands, bit like The Undertones (in profile, not musically)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 08:30:06 »

Aaayyyyy! I'm impressed, for what little that counts for. Are the Adverts/TV Smith really that obscure? I always thought of them as one of the more mainstream New Wave/Punk bands, bit like The Undertones (in profile, not musically)

The Adverts were obscure to me Smiley, I only went because my mate Jol was playing. I have to say though, I really enjoyed TV's set, as did the rest of the (95% German) audience. Lots of them obviously knew some of his songs and were singing them too. I particularly liked "I Complained", great lyrics.

Not sure how to upload fotos, but if you want to see one of TV after the gig you can check out Jol M-Jive on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150240110483223&set=t.1276612108&type=1&theater
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:33:39 »

Was in the gym with Nick Heyward (Haircut 100) on Monday.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:35:02 »

Where did you go from there?  Was it down to the lake I fear?

Never knowingly overstated.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, May 20, 2011, 09:36:06 »

Must've been a fantastic day.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 12:04:36 »

Just seen Frank Rijkard getting out of a taxi at the Fairmont Hotel, Monte Carlo.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 13:42:11 »

Just seen Paolo di Canio, running the half marathon, my kid was doing it and ended up in a sprint finish with PdC.  Does PdC count as a celeb?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 13:48:32 »

A few years ago we spent a week at Val de Lobo, and when checking in we were behind Ronald Koeman in the queue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:19:16 »

Girl group Eternal came to our wedding reception, am very friendly with their old tour manager, have met plenty of pop stars but wouldnt like to name drop !
marvinTPA

« Reply #297 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:24:11 »

myself and my friend were once sat in a curry house  in swindon watching eric bristow  and i assume his manager/ agent eat almost the whole menu before upping and leaving without paying , leaving all the ass kissers he was sat with to settle the bill . The limestone cowboy obviously as he frequents many local darts pubs.   Tony benn asleep on a train . Various swindon players in all kinds of conditions . I also slapped willie carson on the back  in a  friendly drunken way at the county ground , whilst forgetting he had a recent bad injury due to being either kicked or falling from a horse , which he wasnt too pleased about , (this was around 1996 )
marvinTPA

« Reply #298 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:29:47 »

Met T V Smith, formerly with a band called the Adverts, 2 weeks ago. He was headlining at a smallish music venue called Stadion here in Munich. My mate Jol was support, and we all chatted after the gig. Great set, top bloke. T V Smith I mean, Jol was ok too.

Probably obscure unless you're into Punk.
gary gilmors eyes is my one of my favorite punk songs
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:31:11 »

While absolutely pissed at my firms bash I slapped down 2 pints of beer in front of Lou Macari and asked him for a trial - shame he's tee total and I was shit and shitfaced.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: