Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: unexpected celeb encounters  (Read 44149 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:03:14 »

Bernard Langer at Heathrow in 1981, the morning after he hit that amazing shot out of the tree at Fulford.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:12:24 »

Had a meeting with the bank manager in Madrid. After a while he said, I have to call this to an end, because I have another important meeting. Walked out of his office  and there was Ron Atkinson, when he was manager of Athletico.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:15:13 »

Fabio Capello, in the car park at the San Siro, before the ManU  v Milan game in 2010
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:43:10 »

When I was a kid , my dad owned a pub (The Rifle Volunteer in Emmbrook, in case anyone knows it). One night, on one of the police programmes, they were hunting a murderer or a rapist or something, and he was in the pub at the time. My dad called the police , and he was arrested in the bar. I thought that was dead exciting, and told everyone at school. Not sure he was a celebrity , though.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:48:32 »

When I was a kid , my dad owned a pub (The Rifle Volunteer in Emmbrook, in case anyone knows it). One night, on one of the police programmes, they were hunting a murderer or a rapist or something, and he was in the pub at the time. My dad called the police , and he was arrested in the bar. I thought that was dead exciting, and told everyone at school. Not sure he was a celebrity , though.
They arrested your Dad? That's a bit off? Not a good advert for Crimewatch if you report something and get arrested for it!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
eddiet

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 09:32:24 »

Trevor Brooking , who was a partner in a binder company with his mate tried to sell book binding to me many years ago when I was a buyer.

East Bay Ray and Klaus Flouride from The Dead Kennedys just wandering aroung the bar after a gig at the Academy in O****d

The King Blues playing an instore in Cheltenham

Sir Geoff Boycott when pissed on a train en route to Burton last season

Andy Partridge when pissed on a train ( common theme ) with AXS coming back from a days binge drinking and getting a passport
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 09:33:40 »

Trevor Brooking , who was a partner in a binder company with his mate tried to sell book binding to me many years ago when I was a buyer.

East Bay Ray and Klaus Flouride from The Dead Kennedys just wandering aroung the bar after a gig at the Academy in O****d

The King Blues playing an instore in Cheltenham

Sir Geoff Boycott when pissed on a train en route to Burton last season

Andy Partridge when pissed on a train ( common theme ) with AXS coming back from a days binge drinking and getting a passport
Do you find yourself meeting lots of pissed celebrities?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 21:29:49 »

Sat behind Pete Tong on a flight to Ibiza on Friday, top bloke.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 06:27:22 »

Robbie Savage in Cruise nightclub Chester. He'd scored for Derby that day and when my ex shoved me towards him to get a photo taken I drunkenly waffled on about how rarely he scores. To be fair he was a really nice chap and was trying to keep low key. I have also had Peter Crouch stand behind me in a queue in Barclays bank Weybridge, he really is a giant!
ST_INC

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 17:24:48 »

Walked past Ian Holloway and his wife on there way back to his Bentley in Morrisons car park in Chippenham the other day. Said "hi", he said "all right"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, June 18, 2012, 18:55:18 »

Couple of lame ones recently. The actress that played Mandy in Hollyoaks was at the table next to us at Southbank in London and then later that day Vanessa Feltz was 4 rows back at the Coldplay gig at the emirates.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: