Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arse v Mancs  (Read 6668 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 17:50:24 »

It doesn't sound any less ridiculous the more you say it, are Man City also the third best side in Britain by far right now because they're 3rd in the table after 12 games?
Lumps

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 18:09:09 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i repeat.arsenal and man u are the best two sides in britain by a mile.by that i dont mean last season, not 10 years ago.i mean right now!

If 2 points can be considered a mile. Which clearly it can't.

This whole argument is totally pointless. At the end of the season the side that's top wins and can argue that they were the best team of that season.

Being top at Christmas means fuck all. Being top at the beginning of November less than fuck all. Being second above Man City by 2 points and a superior goal difference means less that a tiny fraction of less than fuck all.

To be fair to Arsenal they've got a game in hand which could put them five points ahead of the chasing pack, but it's hardly what you'd call a commanding lead is it?

And I've just posted something agreeing with BWB. You bastards trapped me into that by talking bollocks.

I'm off for bit of a lie down.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 18:12:30 »

i used to think that ben was a brilliant wind-up. it's such a shame that he actually seems to believe what he says
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 21:05:07 »

Quote from: "Lumps"

Being top at Christmas means fuck all. Being top at the beginning of November less than fuck all. Being second above Man City by 2 points and a superior goal difference means less that a tiny fraction of less than fuck all.

To be fair to Arsenal they've got a game in hand which could put them five points ahead of the chasing pack, but it's hardly what you'd call a commanding lead is it?

Exactly, at least someone is talking sense, Arsenal have improved a bit since last year, Chelsea are out of form and probably made a mistake in sacking Mourinho, Liverpool aren't at their best either but that's about it. Arsenal have not suddenly gone from limping into a champions league spot to miles ahead of everyone but Man United. If they go on to win the league by 15 or 20 points then you can say they are the best. I'm not really sure why some people think I'm being controversial - I would have thought it was the opposite.

Yes I mostly post about things I disagree with because a whole load of threads with people all agreeing I don't find very interesting but no I am not just trying to cause controversy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:07:32 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "Lumps"

Exactly, at least someone is talking sense, Arsenal have improved a bit since last year, Chelsea are out of form and probably made a mistake in sacking Mourinho, Liverpool aren't at their best either but that's about it. Arsenal have not suddenly gone from limping into a champions league spot to miles ahead of everyone but Man United. If they go on to win the league by 15 or 20 points then you can say they are the best. I'm not really sure why some people think I'm being controversial - I would have thought it was the opposite.

Yes I mostly post about things I disagree with because a whole load of threads with people all agreeing I don't find very interesting but no I am not just trying to cause controversy.

Are you mad? They've won something like 7 in a row since they sacked Mourinho.

I take it you put that stupid comment in on purpose so that you can put the fishing sign in?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:32:40 »

Well they win 7 in a row in all competitions all the time, so what. Even last year, which is what Mourinho was sacked for, they had runs of 9 wins in a row all in the premiership. Only 4 of those 7 wins were in the premiership this time, none of the games were really tough ones and they lost the really crucial one against Man United and failed to beat Fulham as well as not winning tonight so  I don't think that Avram Grant's start has been amazing. However if you do, that just makes the argument for Arsenal and Man United being easily the best even weaker, d u c y?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: