Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ady Williams....  (Read 10075 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 09:49:25 »

What annoys me is players are being shown the door as we have too large a squad and you can guarantee he won't be one of them.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 09:51:14 »

I have heard he has had troubles with his home life and like most people when this happens we start to go out loads.  

He was a model proand a very good player.  Hope he turns around the perception of the locals

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 09:53:09 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
I guess no-one wants to see their club captain pissed and making an arse of himself, although I'm also fairly sure that we've all done the same ourselves at one time or another.

However, I think people have to consider that they don't necessarily have all the relevant facts about the situation.

We do have a game on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure that AW will have already been told that he won't be in the squad for it. I don't know what the training regime is the day before a game. Do they train? Do they limit it to just the players that will be involved on matchday? I don't know, and I'd guess neither do most of you.

If he does have to train today then you'd hope the coaches would notice the state he's in and take the appropriate action. If anyone's worried that they won't notice then you might do better by e-mailing the club than bitching on here and hoping somebody notices.

If he isn't training today, and isn't playing tomorrow, then I can't see the problem. If one of us went out and got completely hammered and behaved like a bit of a tit on a Friday night, and I'm sure some of you do, we'd be a bit pissed off if we arrived at work on Monday morning to find that we were in the shit with the boss because one of our clients had seen us out and thought our behaviour was inappropriate.

And I don't buy the "he's a professional athlete we're just ordinary working blokes"  bollocks. He's a lower league clogger that probably earns about £75k a year. He's not John fucking Terry who earns 3 times that a week. His lifestyle's not that different to that of some of us.

And a load of us have got responsible jobs where people rely on us as well. Tans is a firefighter for fuck sake. Is anyone going to argue that him keeping himself fit and clear headed isn't more important than some bloody footballer? Does that mean you'll be slagging him off if you see him out getting hammered one night when he's not back on shift for 3 days?

This judgemental attitude just seems a bit hypocritical considering the tales of drunken debauchery that get posted on here week in week out. Ben wakes up one morning with no memory of the night before other than taking a dump in an alley, no clothes, no wallet and no 'phone and everyone's highly amused, but a footballer wobbles about a bit and talks bollocks loudly in a bar and it's a total disgrace.

Errrrrrrrrrr..........right. Rant over, I must go an put this soapbox away before someone trips over it. Cheesy

The bottom line is the best players in teams don't go out and get battered on a week night, they condition themselves, eat the right food, don't over do it on the booze.

Best example I can think of is when Lee Sharpe and Ryan Giggs were caught at a party by Fergie when they were younger, Fergie sat them both down and said you can continue going out partying and have no career or you can give it up, knuckle down and make something of yourself.  Giggs chose his career and has gone on to become one of the biggest players in modern day football where as Sharpe chose partying and disapeared into a nobody with a career that promised so much and delivered so little.

To use Tans as an example is stupid because if your a fireman and your on the duty the next day you shouldn't be getting pissed the night before its that simple.  You say hes ONLY on £75k a year, I think most of us would kill to earn just £20 a game to play footy.  Its the game we all love and to get paid to play it would be amazing and as its such a short career you have plenty of time to drink after.

The best managers in the game do not allow a drinking culture at there clubs and thats the main reason there teams are such a success.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 09:58:29 »

if he was with some rough bit?then i presume his marrage is-has broken down?he has a couple of kids i think?
as lady was the only one on here who witnessed his behaviour, how can we cast judgement on him?
he's injured and wont be in the squad this weekend anyway.
Lumps

« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 09:59:01 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
What annoys me is players are being shown the door as we have too large a squad and you can guarantee he won't be one of them.

You're probably right that we won't get rid of him. But that's got NOTHING to do with him being fireproof.

He's got to be on of the highest earners in the squad, he's ageing and almost premanently crocked, and about 4 in line for a place in the first team.

The only reason he won't get binned off is that he's under contract for a bit yet and we won't find anybody to take him on, and can't afford to pay him up.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:00:51 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if he was with some rough bit?then i presume his marrage is-has broken down?he has a couple of kids i think?
as lady was the only one on here who witnessed his behaviour, how can we cast judgement on him?

And Im not going to go into detail as thats his business - just pointing out I dont't think it was good idea reputation wise.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:01:56 »

so why start a thread slating him then?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:03:23 »

Just pointing out I don't think it was good idea reputation wise as I said in the above and that it takes the piss when other players like Pook and Nicho get it in the neck all the time when its not just them.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:04:29 »

Williams was a great captain last season and it was mainly down to his leadership we were so good at the back, he's a top guy too. Not happy with him drinking in the middle of the week but it's not like he'll be playing on Saturday....

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:06:38 »

i know they get stick but i found them both, nicho and pook that is to be nice lads.they are young and mates so why cant they have a drink and pull birds etc?as long as its not a day or two before a match i dont see a problem with it
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:11:17 »

Im not saying they aren't nice lads am I?

Just saying in my OPINION that Williams should be setting a better example seeing hes older and coincidentally club captain.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:12:18 »

Quote from: "arriba"

Agreed with this and if the second and third bit is correct most people would want to go out and try and move on

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:13:00 »

i know that lady.i was just giving my opinion of pook and nicho as you brought them both into the debate.fucking touchy today aint ya?pre menstrual?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:14:00 »

I dont think its anyones buisness but his own.

Hes over 18 he can do what he wants.

but I dont want an arguement with a clearly annoyed STFCLady so .....

Oooh thats terrible!!!

/
W56196272
neville w

« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 2, 2007, 10:15:08 »

I'm 100% with Lumps on this one .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: