Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property developers- reap profits from redevelopment?  (Read 9075 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:25:41 »

Quote from: "neville w"
Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
[is it something naff like The Famous Ale House now?

I live down that way as well. You are right it is the famous ale house, It keeps opening and shutting though due to lack of business. The Dolphin is where it is at!

Isn't that Phil King's pub ?

It certainly is mate/=
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:31:08 »

Speaking to someone in the know, a while back, there is  abit of land already planned for STFC.  Not sure how accurate but was said it was inside Swindon, as talk talk said the council (ok new swindon partnership) would love the county ground as a way of flats on teh way into teh new business infrastructure

millom red

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:38:07 »

What bit of land is that then Ash?  Do tell.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 21:40:43 »

Front Garden, who told me is linked closely, but I cant say for 100%

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 07:38:44 »

Ash - just cannot see it being Front Garden.....

I am on the Governors at Commonweal, and we were offered a new school if we moved to the front garden.  The trouble was the only land available was right in the centre of a flood plain - the reckoning was that the playing fields at least would be under water for a lot of the winter !

We asked for assurances that they could sort this and neither the Environment Agency or the Council could give them.

We then asked where else the school could be situated on the FG, and were told catagorically there is nowhere else to put it -all the land is taken.

If you go here you can look at the "Masterplan" for the FG, there is really nowhere to put a new ground down there....

http://www.wichelstowe.co.uk/template01.asp?pageid=39

Also bear in mind the FG is planned so that everyone can walk around it - it is specifically designed not to attract cars down there - there is no way anyone would get planning permission for a football ground...

Wise men say........
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 08:26:25 »

Front Garden is a loose word used here, could be anywhere between j15 and j16, there are many firleds not currently up for development, possibly the land as you go across j16 towards bassett on the left? Just what I heard but know the guy is high up the chain.  I dont care where we play as long as its in swindon

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 08:43:56 »

Ah yeah - That is a fair shout Ash...

There is plenty of room away from the new houses I guess - even the "Newbury" side of Junction 15 - loads of room that way  :shock:

But agreed - it needs to be in Swindon - and absolutely needs ot be in walking distance of some boozers !

Wise men say........
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 08:45:43 »

Isn't there a tip behind the garden centre at Hays Lane, J16? If not available for a stadium etc maybe we could dispose of certain executive rubbish there.
TalkTalk

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 09:31:56 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Isn't there a tip behind the garden centre at Hays Lane, J16?

It's not big enough. Yeah, I know - I'm sad and know about local tips.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 10:02:20 »

Quote from: "RedRedRobin"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"
It is being cited in some areas that the new owners are in it for the property and that STFC as a club will not benefit from any of the new income streams. If true (which we dont know at this stage) this is very worrying as we could end up like another Kassam paying to play in our own ground and not benefiting from any new revenue streams.

Having read Little's utterances, including keeping the Club in Swindon,ploughing money back, not necessarily redeveloping,not necessarily maximising an ongoing profit; I think the likelihood is that the investors want the Town to go back up the divisions,(with Sturrock) increase gates and revenue probably redevelop the Town End and Stratton Bank possibly trying for a favourable deal with the Council to do this, and increase the value of their investment by say a factor of four. Then they'll either cash in or their investment portfolio is fattened up with this larger investment.

If it works, not a bad return for 5years say of watching football! If it doesn't work that well, their investment is unlikely to reduce.

Just because there's been a lot of talk previously about redevelopment and relocation this isn't necessarily going to happen with the new owners. The're in charge now  and I think the're on the low cost route to multiplying their money.

Would this scenario be good for us as supporters. Well Yes!

All well and good, but to do that they would have to break even, or at least not lose shed loads. A good start would be to run the club properly. So why retain any of the current board ?

From the Dark Side
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 10:05:10 »

Not many pubs nearby either. Sally P's (no more cat puns allowed), Beefeater, hardly football pubs. Maybe flatten the garden centre and build pubs and a stadium.
neville w

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2007, 10:50:54 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Isn't there a tip behind the garden centre at Hays Lane, J16?

It's not big enough. Yeah, I know - I'm sad and know about local tips.

Are you Shaw ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: