Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property developers- reap profits from redevelopment?  (Read 9074 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 12:42:46 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
Dazza, how can we sell anything we don't own?

We don't own the CG, we don't have any land or development to sell and lease back.

But an investor could buy the CG from the council, move the FC elsewhere and build mega luxury flats as a town centre gateway development.

And before anybody says it, the covenant can be bought out.

Yes but seems a very long way to go about things.  Why just buy the club so you can then buy the ground so that you can then go and sell it.

There is no doubt the new people will be in it to make some money but the whole property thing doesn't add up for me.  With them giving Sturrock money to invest in players it appears to me they want us to go for promotion which will no doubt make more money i.e TV revenue, bigger crowds, more merchandise sales etc.

The most interesting thing will still be if players are pushed on Sturrock or whether he will get the final say on them, this will have a big bearing on where we will be going as a club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 12:42:56 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

We don't own the CG, we don't have any land or development to sell and lease back.

But an investor could buy the CG from the council, move the FC elsewhere and build mega luxury flats as a town centre gateway development.

And before anybody says it, the covenant can be bought out.

Quite....the only thing preventing the previous mob going down this route, was they had no dosh.....
Dazzza

« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 12:47:14 »

What Talk Talk said ^^  Cheesy

I'm not going to go down the pessimistic route and assuming any investment is only here to milk a development.  But as the club have touted previously any development on the CG site would be owned by a conglomerate holding company including the council, developers and directors.  In theory that leaves assets such as hotels etc to be appropriately milked, sold or leased back.  Including the playing facilities back to the club.

Even abandoning the CG site you only have to look at other league clubs to see how football and leisure facilities opens the door at planning with perhaps Brighton’s dogging fields aside and McDon’s atrocious “No supermarket – No stadium” campaign being the most shameless example of using a Stadium as the driver for associated commercial development.

flammableBen

« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 13:19:06 »

If I can't walk to the stadium passing numerous pubs depending on my route then I will take my support elsewhere.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 14:25:14 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
If I can't walk to the stadium passing numerous pubs depending on my route then I will take my support elsewhere.

Like where Ben ?  

Cant really pass pubs on the way to Supermarine - and Poxford seems a little extreme !!!

Wise men say........
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 14:29:22 »

I'll just sit in the pub on match days....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 14:37:58 »

Quote from: "sheepshagger"
Quote from: "flammableBen"

Like where Ben ?  

Cant really pass pubs on the way to Supermarine - and Poxford seems a little extreme !!!

When the TipStad was being mooted,   I kind of worked out the nearest pub , would have been, what I still call the Even Swindon Hotel,  which is down Yeovil's way.....is it something naff like The Famous Ale House now?

Anyway, across Mannington under GW way following the Ray..bit of a left then  right  onto the old M and SW junction line, and the job's a good un....bit shitty on a wet Tuesday in February mind.

(PS there may be some dive out in western expansion technically closer, but that was discounted on the basis of not walking past it.)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 15:15:20 »

Has anyone called it 'the western expansion' since 1978?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 15:21:54 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"

Can you tell your Ramleaze from your Middleleaze.....fucked if I can, so western expansion it is.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 19:13:19 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
[is it something naff like The Famous Ale House now?

I live down that way as well. You are right it is the famous ale house, It keeps opening and shutting though due to lack of business. The Dolphin is where it is at!
neville w

« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 19:50:59 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
[is it something naff like The Famous Ale House now?

I live down that way as well. You are right it is the famous ale house, It keeps opening and shutting though due to lack of business. The Dolphin is where it is at!

Isn't that Phil King's pub ?
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 14:13:32 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"

Can you tell your Ramleaze from your Middleleaze.....fucked if I can, so western expansion it is.

I can...Ramleaze ends where Middleleaze begins....use the band stand next to the village inn as your barometer Reg.
All built by Wimpeys...fuckin property developers.....
 :D

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
RedRedRobin

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 17:47:37 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
It is being cited in some areas that the new owners are in it for the property and that STFC as a club will not benefit from any of the new income streams. If true (which we dont know at this stage) this is very worrying as we could end up like another Kassam paying to play in our own ground and not benefiting from any new revenue streams.

Having read Little's utterances, including keeping the Club in Swindon,ploughing money back, not necessarily redeveloping,not necessarily maximising an ongoing profit; I think the likelihood is that the investors want the Town to go back up the divisions,(with Sturrock) increase gates and revenue probably redevelop the Town End and Stratton Bank possibly trying for a favourable deal with the Council to do this, and increase the value of their investment by say a factor of four. Then they'll either cash in or their investment portfolio is fattened up with this larger investment.

If it works, not a bad return for 5years say of watching football! If it doesn't work that well, their investment is unlikely to reduce.

Just because there's been a lot of talk previously about redevelopment and relocation this isn't necessarily going to happen with the new owners. The're in charge now  and I think the're on the low cost route to multiplying their money.

Would this scenario be good for us as supporters. Well Yes!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 18:29:47 »

Quote from: "RedRedRobin"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"
It is being cited in some areas that the new owners are in it for the property and that STFC as a club will not benefit from any of the new income streams. If true (which we dont know at this stage) this is very worrying as we could end up like another Kassam paying to play in our own ground and not benefiting from any new revenue streams.

Having read Little's utterances, including keeping the Club in Swindon,ploughing money back, not necessarily redeveloping,not necessarily maximising an ongoing profit; I think the likelihood is that the investors want the Town to go back up the divisions,(with Sturrock) increase gates and revenue probably redevelop the Town End and Stratton Bank possibly trying for a favourable deal with the Council to do this, and increase the value of their investment by say a factor of four. Then they'll either cash in or their investment portfolio is fattened up with this larger investment.

If it works, not a bad return for 5years say of watching football! If it doesn't work that well, their investment is unlikely to reduce.

Just because there's been a lot of talk previously about redevelopment and relocation this isn't necessarily going to happen with the new owners. The're in charge now  and I think the're on the low cost route to multiplying their money.

Would this scenario be good for us as supporters. Well Yes!
I just don't see this being an option given the previous refusals for planning permission for uilding on the Stratton Bank. In principal it's a good idea - build a nice new end which fits in around the houses, and build a new Town End housing all sorts of wonderful business opportunities.

In reality the local residents, council and lack of space make this highly unlikely
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 18:33:02 »

Planning permission was granted for rebuilding the Stratton Bank, along with the Intel Stand.

We just couldn't afford to go through with the plan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: