Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property developers- reap profits from redevelopment?  (Read 9046 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:30:38 »

Quote from: "juddie"
Why such negeativity regarding this? Can we not all give this thing a chance?

The negativity comes about because of the lack of information....usually after a takeover some effort is made to explain to the fanbase,  plans etc.

We've had nothing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:31:02 »

I think it's fair to say that Swindon fans are battered and bruised from too many off field shenanigans down the years. It's hard to give something another chance when it's slapped you across the face so many times.

Personally I'm guarded about the whole thing but not to the extent that I'm going to jump upon every minute detail (as I may have done in the past). I just want to get on with the football, but obviously when the future of the club is uncertain you're going to take an interest in that too,
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:32:27 »

Don't expect any information any time soon either, apparently the "new owners" aren't planning on making an appearance tomorrow either. Mike Diamandis will be in attendance though.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:42:45 »

I'm not saying that our prays are going to be answered - I don't think any of us are that naive Worcester/Bart. All I'm saying is give this takeover a chance. We as Town fans are always too quick to slam things before they've been given an opportunity to pan out - perhaps justified because of the years of sh*te we've had to put up with. But just reserve judgement on this until the details have become clear. What if it is a good thing? You never know. If I genuininely was an investor coming into a club - and even if my intentions involve property development - the success of a football team is still paramount to the business venture. Anyone who thinks a property developer can come into a club and make money at the detriment of team affairs is bonkers - and if I was coming into this club as an investor reading this forum I'd wonder why I'd bothered.

FFS I might be wrong, but I'm a glass half empty kinda guy and this could be a good thing. For every Kassam there's a Morgan...
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:44:23 »

I'm not saying that our prays are going to be answered - I don't think any of us are that naive Worcester/Bart. All I'm saying is give this takeover a chance. We as Town fans are always too quick to slam things before they've been given an opportunity to pan out - perhaps justified because of the years of sh*te we've had to put up with. But just reserve judgement on this until the details have become clear. What if it is a good thing? You never know. If I genuininely was an investor coming into a club - and even if my intentions involve property development - the success of a football team is still paramount to the business venture. Anyone who thinks a property developer can come into a club and make money at the detriment of team affairs is bonkers - and if I was coming into this club as an investor reading this forum I'd wonder why I'd bothered.

FFS I might be wrong, but I'm a glass half empty kinda guy and this could be a good thing. For every Kassam there's a Morgan...

QED :roll:
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:45:32 »

I would imagine, though Reg, with the club in its current state, this takover isn't going to be something that can happen overnight - hence the lack of details. Patience is a virtue. Or something.
fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:47:45 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"

Not being negative as such but I wrote a while ago that if we think that someone is going to ride in on their shiny white horse, clear all of our debts, invest in the team to get us promoted and build us all a nice shiny new stadium all for their love of Swindon Town, I think a lot of people will be disappointed.

However, I stand to be corrected.

:shake:

They were going to .. he was called Bill Power .. the fact that the Mikey D/Willses didnt sell to him says it all ...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:48:38 »

Ok, so Kassam made a few quid, his footballing reputation is now in tatters and if Little's been involved in football before, I doubt he'd wanna take us down the same route. For what it's worth, living in Reading, I remember my mates saying exactly the same as we are now when Madejski took them over.

Look - this could turn out to be the best thing that happened to us, or it might not - right now none of us know the entirety of the deal and until then, we can not criticise. That's all I'm saying.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:52:12 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"
STFC Bart in world exclusive "Property developer to make money from property development"

:shock:

I come from a land down-under
Dazzza

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 09:55:12 »

What property development company?  Has something been confirmed this morning because I've seen no trace of a property evelopment company being mentioned before.

The only concrete ties to development is the Czech law firm that acted for the buyers and only then there usual remit is buying property abroad.

It's all utter shoite as they say in Ireland!    

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 10:00:45 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
What property development company?  Has something been confirmed this morning because I've seen no trace of a property evelopment company being mentioned before.

The only concrete ties to development is the Czech law firm that acted for the buyers and only then there usual remit is buying property abroad.

It's all utter shoite as they say in Ireland!    

We are told that Arkaga has interests in property.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 10:04:12 »

I would imagine, though Reg, with the club in its current state, this takover isn't going to be something that can happen overnight - hence the lack of details. Patience is a virtue. Or something.

This was flagged up weeks ago....OK some of us didn't believe it, but it seems to have happened.....how difficult in that time to have had a quick press conference, photo op and a few questions from local media hacks.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 10:07:07 »

The Madejski scenario would be fantastic if it were replayed in Swindon, but I can't see it happening unfortunately.  Madejski is, to all intents, a philanthropist with an attachment to the town of Reading.  He's made his money, and now he's spending it.  He was never seeking to make a profit there; rather, he was looking to create a legacy for himself...and he's certainly done that.

I agree with juddie that we shouldn't shoot this investment down in flames straight away.  But given that they are motivated by something other than a love of STFC, we will need to scrutinise everything they do.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 10:08:48 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Quote from: "WorcesterRed"

Not being negative as such but I wrote a while ago that if we think that someone is going to ride in on their shiny white horse, clear all of our debts, invest in the team to get us promoted and build us all a nice shiny new stadium all for their love of Swindon Town, I think a lot of people will be disappointed.

However, I stand to be corrected.

:shake:

They were going to .. he was called Bill Power .. the fact that the Mikey D/Willses didnt sell to him says it all ...

What, Bill power the QPR fan doing it for his lifelong love of STFC?

I respect BP as much as the next town fan, but lets not start getting all misty eyed about him and pretending he is something he isnt. If he had taken over the club and been highly successful both with the team and stadium development do you not think he might have been tempted to sell for a profit?  Not that theres anything wrong with that at all
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 17, 2007, 10:11:24 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
The Madejski scenario would be fantastic if it were replayed in Swindon, but I can't see it happening unfortunately.  Madejski is, to all intents, a philanthropist with an attachment to the town of Reading.  He's made his money, and now he's spending it.  He was never seeking to make a profit there; rather, he was looking to create a legacy for himself...and he's certainly done that.

I agree with juddie that we shouldn't shoot this investment down in flames straight away.  But given that they are motivated by something other than a love of STFC, we will need to scrutinise everything they do.
:goodpost:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: