Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Floods up north  (Read 6894 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:35:40 »

Might cause offence but on teh news this morning, these people are moaning about they cannot move in as the place has damaged wallpaper and rubbish all over floors.  Why cant they get some black bags put some effort in and clean the place, it will then be liveable.!

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:38:26 »

A flooded house takes months and months to clear and become liveable again. Imagine all you own being ruined and you have to totally rebuild your life.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:38:53 »

Why we're on the subject why should people with no insurance expect any help?Whats the point of paying for insurance if the unisured cheapskates get paid out anyway.

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:41:07 »

I thought they all lived in slums 'oop north' anyway?

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:41:19 »

Hasn't gordon brown given local councils something silly like £14 million to help those out who are uninsured!!

:evil:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:43:19 »

I did see that Yeovil - surely peopel pay huge premiums to be covered in these eventualities - you don't pay you're not covered.  I think a little more could be done to help victims as a whole though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:43:19 »

Agree with Yeovil, think Bushey's being a little harsh.  Hardly any of the homes have electric or gas after the flooding and we are in the middle of the Australian winter (but colder).

On the other hand Yorkshire people always go on about how they're made of tougher stock so yeah.

Geoffrey Boycott would have been bragging about having the biggest swimming pool on the block if his house was flooded.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:45:27 »

not harsh, ralph it doesnt take months to sort a house.  Yeovil hit the nail on the head.  

I just think they should start clearing their homes instead of waiting for help, help yourselves!

flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:48:14 »

They'll be stuff like structual damage, Left over damp etc. That your not going to be able to just sort out for your self. I think it's more that just clearing up a bit and mopping the floor.

£14mil is fuck all in the grand scheme of governments. Don't think it's too much at all.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:49:25 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

I just think they should start clearing their homes instead of waiting for help, help yourselves!

They haven't got the time to help themselves don't you know that (according to Monty Python) Yorkshire men go to work four hours before they get up, work 37 hours a day, for tuppence etc....
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:49:39 »

They should start the clean up operation though instead of sitting in a squash centre!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:50:39 »

Most home owners should have buildings and contents insurance? I thought it was required by mortgage companies?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:51:04 »

They said on the news the amount of water that some people had in their houses they would have to leave for 6 months before fully drying out so they could strip it and start the rebuild internally.  Needless to say the smell they would have to put up with and risk of bacteria/germs that the water would have brought in..................
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:51:38 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Most home owners should have buildings and contents insurance? I thought it was required by mortgage companies?

Buildings insurance is compulsory when you take out the mortgage, you could cancel it at a later date.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 13:53:57 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Needless to say the smell they would have to put up with and risk of bacteria/germs that the water would have brought in..................

What about the smell,bacteria and germs that the average Yorkshireman brings into his house??  They carry on living it in then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: