Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Floods up north  (Read 6898 times)
spacey

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 20:56:07 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I get the impression that they always try and get out of paying you,ive got the insurance,how ill does one have to be to get paid out?

I think there's a list of illnesses that it covers. It doesn't have to be terminal. So if you have a heart attack but you survive you still get the pay out. It has to one of the illnesses on the list though. You just need to be diagnosed and it's party time!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 20:59:14 »

Ace time to break out the Butter,Fags and Burgers Cool

Surely most heart attacks are non fatal.

/
W56196272
spacey

« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 21:03:30 »

Dunno, give it a whirl and see how you get on. Obviously I'd check with your insurer before rolling around in pies and lard.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 21:28:46 »

What illness's are on that list just out of interest?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 21:32:52 »

You'd have top check the Policy Ralph

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 22:36:39 »

my fucking illness isnt
kidney disease is never covered.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 08:14:03 »

Quote from: "spacey"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I get the impression that they always try and get out of paying you,ive got the insurance,how ill does one have to be to get paid out?

I think there's a list of illnesses that it covers. It doesn't have to be terminal. So if you have a heart attack but you survive you still get the pay out. It has to one of the illnesses on the list though. You just need to be diagnosed and it's party time!

It depends on how old the policy is.  If you bought a critical illness plan a few years ago chances are if you have a specified illness, a heart attack for example, you would receive the benefit, i.e. the sum assured, if you suffered that illness.

If you purchase one nowadays to receive your payment you have to suffer a "critical" illness.  So if you suffer a mild heart attack or a non life threatening cancer (caught at a very early stage) you would not receive your benefit.  

If you take out cover I wouldn't suggest taking out one from say Tesco's as they may not have a great claim history, underwriting process, or general servicing etc.  Price is not always the best way to decide which company you purchase your cover through.

Sorry for rambling on.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 08:17:20 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
What illness's are on that list just out of interest?

Would depend from insurer to insurer, BUPA for example have over 140 conditions listed, but a lot of them are connected.  Most companies in the market place have from 30 to 37 conditions.

Always check the terms and conditions before buying as for an extra few pence a month you'll have more conditions covered.

Some policies will also have "survival period" ranging from 7 to over 28 days.  So if you get diagnosed on the first of the month and die on the 20, you may not get your benefit if your survival rate is 28 days.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 08:22:43 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
my fucking illness isnt
kidney disease is never covered.

Kidney "failure" is a covered illness with the company I work for at least, however as I'm not an underwriter I would not have a clue if what you personally have suffered is classed as failure.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 18, 2007, 09:36:14 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Yeah I actually did millom, wrong argument mate.  ive worked nearly everyday since 12 years old.  Backbone from how I got brought up.

Everything I own I borrowed the money, worked hard repaid it.

All I was saying at the start of this was they could start doing work on their homes to help it get habital.  Like clean up the homes, rip out carpets, beliee me by doing that it would help.  Instead they feel sorry for themselves.

:fishing:

Good on ya big bollox....

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: