Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "New investor set for Town deal"  (Read 26207 times)
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 19:22:32 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
If by some fucking miracle the consortium do manage to wrestle control of the club from the incumbents this closed season I for one DO NOT WANT ANYONE connected with the club to make public statements about how much cash we've got to spend on the squad.

Any club starts waving a wad around at this level and just the prices of any transfer targets start to soar!

You keep your cards close to your chest when you're trying to get a good price for something, whether it's a football club or a football player.
well said

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 20:07:38 »

We're not worth anything. We have no money (Bryan Adams must have conned us out of the £300,000 that Mr Mike told us we had made). :|

If everyone in Swindon and Wiltshire gave a tenner we could buy the club without no bastard investors. I'm starting the collection now. I'll have a whip round at work.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:58:08 »

I've been thinking, what kind of sureties must the board be offering up to get new investors on board?

The club's effectively bankrupt and there's no chance of any profits being made anytime soon.

I think it must all come down to the stadium redevelopment.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #78 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 08:45:15 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"
(Bryan Adams must have conned us out of the £300,000 that Mr Mike told us we had made).

Shall we declare war on Canada?

http://msn.mess.be/data/thumbnails/46/anti_canada.jpg
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:08:41 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Drivers Jonas the property developers are another to kick into the hat.  

They conducted a feasibility study for stadium development sites are working with Shitty on the Memorial ground and could replace/buy-out St Modwen who have probably got their pound of flesh out of Hungerford Marina.

Again reading that Adver article it doesn’t come across as an individual investor in the mould of Bill Power but more of a commercial investment, which I took to be a new sponsorship deal off the bat.  Bringing in another developer the club could in effect could pull a similar stunt to the St Modwen deal which raked in 1.5 million to pay off the debenture and would fit with securing the club over the next three to four years.

FFS, going on last season it wouldn't last 6 months, (without paying off the CVA

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:12:36 »

We're not worth anything. We have no money (Bryan Adams must have conned us out of the £300,000 that Mr Mike told us we had made). :|

If everyone in Swindon and Wiltshire gave a tenner we could buy the club without no bastard investors. I'm starting the collection now. I'll have a whip round at work.

The following also conned us :
Ipswich (Parkin money) Swansea(Fallon) Everton (Jutkiewitz) Leeds (Poyet & Wise),  Bill Power (1.2 million was supposed to be put in), Crystall palace (Unbudgetted cup game) & the ticket office (Double the gate Vs Walsall)
B'stards the lot of them.

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:13:42 »

Sorry

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:14:08 »

Got stuck on submit  Beers

From the Dark Side
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:24:27 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
I've been thinking, what kind of sureties must the board be offering up to get new investors on board?

The club's effectively bankrupt and there's no chance of any profits being made anytime soon.

I think it must all come down to the stadium redevelopment.

Also concerns me. Lets assume that this new investment all goes swimmingly for the board, and this new investor (Fool) pumps in £5 million. But not being a total idiot he gets guarantees on any future ground developments (Having seen inside Bowdens head).
The CVA is paid off great, leaving £4,000,000.  Of the rest £1,000,000 covers last seasons losses & the other £3,000,000 goes into the "Black hole" that the +£3,000,000 recieved last year went.
So in 9 months time the club run out of money again. Fans start complaining & one says "I know, lets put together a consortium to buy the club, & give SSW his money back. But, we need to do this quick, before the sh!t hits the fan. I know, rather than get everybody to contribute a little, why not get somebody wealthy in to invest & then allow fans to buy share from him. Only this time the cost is £5,000,000 more to pay off the "new Investor too"

In other words don't try to plug the gap FIX THE BLOODY PROBLEM !

From the Dark Side
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:59:20 »

I don't see how that could possibly happen though, Phil, because Cliff Puffett says in today's Adver that the new investment can only be a good thing.
neville w

« Reply #85 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 10:19:46 »

Yes, then we'd have a group of people with cash to spend - a 'consortium' if you will. Then all we'd have to do is get the Board to agree to sell .... oh hang on !  Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 10:34:10 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
I don't see how that could possibly happen though, Phil, because Cliff Puffett says in today's Adver that the new investment can only be a good thing.

Not with this board.

They got some investment last summer and what happened? the money dissapeared and they fell out with the bloke after 3 months!

Giving this board a cash injection is like giving a terrorist a new rucksack.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 10:42:04 »

Quote from: "Tails"

What a beautiful analogy. Thank you sir!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:26:15 »

Good old Capn Puffy blowing with the wind again, he really does like to see himself as the man of the people....nobody likes you Cliff and you are just making yourself sound like a fool.

If you have nothing interesting to say don't say anything at all.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:32:39 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Quote from: "Tails"

What a beautiful analogy. Thank you sir!
Agreed. I never thought Tails was capable of such work!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: