Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's the problem?  (Read 5171 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:51:54 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I've mot goit a problem with the idea of an investor, just that there's lack of information. I want to know if the investor looks sound then I can either put 100% backing behind it now or if it looks dodgy I will make my feelings known. The Terry Brady debacle springs to mind. I would prefer if the info was released before the event happened.

What does matter is getting the people who run the club out. As I've said on another forum, were the Consortium simply to invest whilst somebody else launched a bid to fully take over the club, I'd probably support the takeover bid.

Incidentally we don't even know if SSW will retain ultimate control.
My sentiments exactly si but then why havent the board come out and said something already that only makes me think there hideing something like usual.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:56:49 »

I dont have a problem with a new investor, I just think it is more bullshit from the club to try and stem the takeover plans :fu:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:02:13 »

I would welcome anew investor but ONLY if he were taking over. As , I understand it though it is an investment that is being bandied about,  thereby propping up the already discreditted regime, which means same old, same old.  
As has already been stated, the board have already managed to "Lose" over £3,000,000 of unbudgetted extra income this year. So in my opinion the new "investor " would be throwing good money after bad.
Bit like the fall of the old dictators in the eastern bloc, they will do anything to hang on to power, & they give not one jot about the masses, just their own cosy little clique.

From the Dark Side
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 11:50:21 »

So far its been all paper talk and like usual nothing from the club its about time they shared whats going on with us because pepole are makeing up there own assumptions now and they will be first to attack the fans if something goes wrong. :x
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:20:48 »

This is the cheapest of cheap talk. We know they need big investment, they should have been looking for the last 5 years, but they have prefered to cut overheads instead, because its easy.

If it is true, and by some miracle, this is the 2nd Bill Power, who has money, and is doing this for a love of football/STFC then to be quite honest I feel sorry for the bloke, because he's only going to get shafted just like Power did. Money down another black hole.

This is either another property man who doesnt give a shit about STFC. Just like Brady. Great. Or its total rubbish to play for time before the ticking clock of 5 and a half weeks away.

Even if this is a property man with money, he'll be off as soon as he realises the Council have been shafted by Dunwoody so many times that they will not give an inch of goodwill.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 12:24:31 »

Good Post. The only problem with the last part is I don't think they plan to involve SBC in any of their plans. Chippenham is still the only way they can satisfy the developers they are already in the pockets of. And if this bod is a developer, they'll have even stronger reason to head west.

For what it's worth though I believe this whole investor story is another truckload of bullshit.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 13:00:10 »

If they plan to come to Chippenham they will have the same reaction as they did with the Shaw tipstad.
PLUS, CTFC will have something to say about it.
STFC will be the Chippenham Dons.
I will give up watching football end of.

From the Dark Side
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 13:39:01 »

If i have to go watch football in chippenham, then it will be Ady Mings and his boys i will be watching...not franchise version 2....they can fuck right off if that is the case.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 15:06:29 »

Quote from: "millom red"
If i have to go watch football in chippenham, then it will be Ady Mings and his boys i will be watching...not franchise version 2....they can fuck right off if that is the case.
Im with you there milliom :x
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 16:11:16 »

Fuck off Millom, Chippenham is a blot on the Wiltshire landscape, after those cunts stole half of Calne Town's first team when fat boy Tommy Saunders left Bremhill View for that shit pit of a club, I'll never support the fucking bluebirds.

If Swindon went down the plug hole I would no longer go to football.

Actually today  I officially launch my jihad on that football club, death to Chippenham Town FC.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 19, 2007, 03:09:18 »

It's not often i get told to fuck off without normal defence mechanism's kicking in and me getting all narky and shit......but i like you Rob. Tongue
If it was not for your orange effort, you would be a hunted man. Aside from the fact that you look like Steve McMannaman and are taller than Bushey...on this occasion, i will turn a blind eye!!!

Tongue
I went to school with adie mings...apart from the fact he nicked my Stuart Surridge red rimmed ball....he is a good bloke!!

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 01:15:28 »

Quote from: "millom red"
It's not often i get told to fuck off without normal defence mechanism's kicking in and me getting all narky and shit......but i like you Rob. Tongue
If it was not for your orange effort, you would be a hunted man. Aside from the fact that you look like Steve McMannaman and are taller than Bushey...on this occasion, i will turn a blind eye!!!

Tongue
I went to school with adie mings...apart from the fact he nicked my Stuart Surridge red rimmed ball....he is a good bloke!!

:shock: I was in the same year at school as Adie Mings. And I used to work with old Lard arse Saunders. Small world  :|
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: