Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "New investor set for Town deal"  (Read 26212 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:39:09 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I didnt actually mean you nob face .

A few of the answers were a bit upity.Its almost as if people cant ask questions of the consortium at times.

agreed
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:40:17 »

A few of the answers were a bit upity.Its almost as if people cant ask questions of the consortium at times.

Ah fair enough. Sorry.  Cheesy
Hmonkey

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:50:01 »

He is asking a fair question and he is right it hasnt been said publicly what would be used to improve the team ,etc so get off your high horses.

To be honest Monkey I dont think they know,id imagine it depends how much they have to buy the club for.

Yoevil Red thanks for the straight answer.

I didn't know what Bill Power and the Trust had to offer as an alternative to the current board so I thought I'd ask a question or two.

I didn't realise people would get all sensitive if I questioned Bill Power and the Trust Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:51:06 »

People are only uptight because people like Maverick ask the same questions week in week out, despite getting answers. Don't take it too much into heart.

EDIT:

if you'd like a bit more information the minutes from the Trust meetings are up on the website too. It'll give you a bit more insight into the state of play regarding...well everything
Sussex

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:58:44 »

Probably my fault. Was just trying to say that businessmen of BP/PEs standing wouldn't have taken an interest in all this if they didn't have the financial clout to fund it. Sorry.
Hmonkey

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 20:01:27 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
People are only uptight because people like Maverick ask the same questions week in week out, despite getting answers. Don't take it too much into heart.

EDIT:

if you'd like a bit more information the minutes from the Trust meetings are up on the website too. It'll give you a bit more insight into the state of play regarding...well everything

Thanks for the tip Pieman
sonic youth

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 20:02:53 »

Quote from: "Hmonkey"
He is asking a fair question and he is right it hasnt been said publicly what would be used to improve the team ,etc so get off your high horses.

To be honest Monkey I dont think they know,id imagine it depends how much they have to buy the club for.

I didn't know what Bill Power and the Trust had to offer as an alternative to the current board so I thought I'd ask a question or two.

I didn't realise people would get all sensitive if I questioned Bill Power and the Trust Cheesy

I can't count so don't understand the financial issues surrounding the club very well, so I avoid any questions of that sort...

shit.

Sandy Gray could be my mother.
glos_robin

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 20:05:28 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Hmonkey"

I can't count so don't understand the financial issues surrounding the club very well, so I avoid any questions of that sort...

shit.

James Gray
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 20:10:43 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

shit.

:shock:  :shock: Did your Dad know her Sonic?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 22:38:14 »

I'm hoping to find out who the investor is so he can buy me out.  I;ve got a shit load of debt and no real prospect of paying it all off in the next 3-4 years.  I also seem to spend more money than I earn every year, and while I can;t provide evidence of an ever declining quality of playing squad, my reduce grocery budget has caused a significant increase in ASDA Smart Price goods having to fill roles previously taken by the Extra Special range.

There is a bit of development potential on my land, you could easily fit a 10 storey block of exec Appt's where my front garden and garage currently sit, but I might have a little local resistence to the planning application, nothing to worry about though I'm sure.
mattboyslim

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 07:30:20 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I'm hoping to find out who the investor is so he can buy me out.  I;ve got a shit load of debt and no real prospect of paying it all off in the next 3-4 years.  I also seem to spend more money than I earn every year, and while I can;t provide evidence of an ever declining quality of playing squad, my reduce grocery budget has caused a significant increase in ASDA Smart Price goods having to fill roles previously taken by the Extra Special range.

There is a bit of development potential on my land, you could easily fit a 10 storey block of exec Appt's where my front garden and garage currently sit, but I might have a little local resistence to the planning application, nothing to worry about though I'm sure.

I'll but you out RobT, you sound like a  license to print money.
neville w

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 07:43:59 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

You'd have the plans for those in your head, Right ?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 08:07:28 »

To be fair I think Yeovil has a point, at times I think the consortium supporters have a mob mentality, if someone does agree with something then the majority attack.

I really hope that this attitude changes, nowadays you can't have a thread about Andronikou or Diamandis without slagging off their nationality which is a shame.  

I think we had a chance to grab the "moral initiative" a few months back, the board were struggling like mad we had made huge in roads into winning support.  But I feel we did not win as many as we could because of this mob rule mentality that seems to have grown within.

Just a personal opinion, I'm still behind Bill/Phil/Mike 100% but I do feel that this is starting to slip away a little.
Lumps

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 17:56:12 »

If by some fucking miracle the consortium do manage to wrestle control of the club from the incumbents this closed season I for one DO NOT WANT ANYONE connected with the club to make public statements about how much cash we've got to spend on the squad.

Any club starts waving a wad around at this level and just the prices of any transfer targets start to soar!

You keep your cards close to your chest when you're trying to get a good price for something, whether it's a football club or a football player.
Dazzza

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 19:20:28 »

Drivers Jonas the property developers are another to kick into the hat.  

They conducted a feasibility study for stadium development sites are working with Shitty on the Memorial ground and could replace/buy-out St Modwen who have probably got their pound of flesh out of Hungerford Marina.

Again reading that Adver article it doesn’t come across as an individual investor in the mould of Bill Power but more of a commercial investment, which I took to be a new sponsorship deal off the bat.  Bringing in another developer the club could in effect could pull a similar stunt to the St Modwen deal which raked in 1.5 million to pay off the debenture and would fit with securing the club over the next three to four years.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: