Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "New investor set for Town deal"  (Read 26209 times)
Spud

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 18:43:43 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Quote from: "Hmonkey"
Doesn't say Bill Power and the consortium will invest £x million though does it?

No, but then you wouldn't bother going into a pound shop if you only had 50p. Get me drift?

Nicely done.  Soapy Tit Wank
Hmonkey

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 18:44:48 »

Doesn't say Bill Power and the consortium will invest £x million though does it?

No, but then you wouldn't bother going into a pound shop if you only had 50p. Get me drift?

So have they ever put a figure on how much they intend to invest?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 18:50:31 »

well they intend to pay significantly more money than the club is worth in order to purchase it.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Hmonkey

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 18:55:46 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

well they intend to pay significantly more money than the club is worth in order to purchase it.

This is starting to get like question time in the houses of parliament.

A straight answer would be nice  Cheesy
TalkTalk

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:03:02 »

I think you miss the point.

A Consortium takeover wouldn't be a straight question of "how much have you got in the bank to spend?"

There are many variables. As in BP's money wouldn't require repayment, the figure agreed between the Consortium and the club would depend upon settling some of the liabilities and restoring SSW's capital etc etc.

It would also be pretty stupid in any negotiation to openly show how much you were prepared to pay for something, wouldn't it? That's like announcing your bid limit on eBay.

This is very different from "an announced investor" where the current board would still be in control. This would be a takeover, where the game plan and the finances pan out differently.
Hmonkey

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:21:30 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

A Consortium takeover wouldn't be a straight question of "how much have you got in the bank to spend?"

There are many variables. As in BP's money wouldn't require repayment, the figure agreed between the Consortium and the club would depend upon settling some of the liabilities and restoring SSW's capital etc etc.

It would also be pretty stupid in any negotiation to openly show how much you were prepared to pay for something, wouldn't it? That's like announcing your bid limit on eBay.

This is very different from "an announced investor" where the current board would still be in control. This would be a takeover, where the game plan and the finances pan out differently.

Still no straight answer to my question then.

I didn't ask if Bill Power and the consortium had announced how much they were prepared to pay for the club.

I asked if they have said how much they were going to invest into the club i.e. how much will be made available for players and a new stadium/stadium redevelopment.

Plenty of people have announced these details when negotiating to take over at other football clubs but have they (BP and the consortium that is)?
glos_robin

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:23:38 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

I didn't ask if Bill Power and the consortium had announced how much they were prepared to pay for the club.

I asked if they have said how much they were going to invest into the club i.e. how much will be made available for players and a new stadium/stadium redevelopment.

Plenty of people have announced these details when negotiating to take over at other football clubs but have they?

How much money will you spend on the club next season, I want the exact figure to the to the £.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:25:11 »

Plenty of people have announced these details when negotiating to take over at other football clubs but have they (BP and the consortium that is)?

Did you read the manifesto at all?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:25:23 »

Last bid I heard was £4m + relieving the Wills family of all liabilities. I'd expect that offer to be revised under due diligence.

Bill Power is on record saying he will fund the start up costs of stadium development and will look to make this back when the development is built. BUT all profit from the build will go back into the club
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:28:42 »

He is asking a fair question and he is right it hasnt been said publicly what would be used to improve the team ,etc so get off your high horses.

To be honest Monkey I dont think they know,id imagine it depends how much they have to buy the club for.

/
W56196272
TalkTalk

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:34:58 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
He is asking a fair question and he is right it hasnt been said publicly what would be used to improve the team ,etc so get off your high horses.

To be honest Monkey I dont think they know,id imagine it depends how much they have to buy the club for.

I'm not on a high horse.

I'm just saying it would very unwise for a bidder to reveal how much they are willing to spend on an acquisition.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:35:38 »

What's got into you acting all high and mighty lately?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:36:39 »

he must be sober or something  Cheesy
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:37:09 »

I didnt actually mean you nob face .

A few of the answers were a bit upity.Its almost as if people cant ask questions of the consortium at times.

/
W56196272
sonic youth

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:38:07 »

I didnt actually mean you nob face .

A few of the answers were a bit upity.Its almost as if people cant ask questions of the consortium at times.

shoo, darned dissenter. toe the line!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: