Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why cant this board just fuck off  (Read 22742 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:22:42 »

1) i'm very aware my importance in terms of swindon town is precisely nil.i'm not sure this is the case with others
2) agreements are part and parcel of life. having them in public is stinks of a bunch of amateurs at work
flammableBen

« Reply #181 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:27:35 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
1) i'm very aware my importance in terms of swindon town is precisely nil.i'm not sure this is the case with others
2) agreements are part and parcel of life. having them in public is stinks of a bunch of amateurs at work

Fuck this I'm jumping on this sinking ship of a thread.

1) And if you care about the club and feel strongly about how it's being run then why not try and make yourself more important so you might be able to make a difference. Do you think all fans should just sit back and say "Oh ho-hum. I'm just a fan. I can't make a difference, why try?".

2) They are amateurs to be fair. Yes sometimes they make mistakes and idiots out themselves. But overall they are doing a good job and put in a lot of hard work.
TalkTalk

« Reply #182 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:28:56 »

last night's bitch-fest

Nice phrase  :?

Perhaps we should add a disclaimer to our signatures "I am speaking as an individual and not as a representative of any organisation". Yeah, so perhaps some of us should be more aware that what we say can be associated with e.g. the Trust but that misses the point about what happened last night.

I think we are all emotionally charged about the club and feel various levels of frustration with the situation. Sometimes it spills out - god forbid we are only human.

I wasn't being critical of the Trust either - although it did get hit by some fallout - the Trust's hands are tied by the motions that the members quite rightly voted on. I was appealing more to those of us who are doing things off our own backs to move the situation forward.

It's very easy for anybody to criticise a body like the Trust. But that is unwarranted if you don't get on and do anything yourself. The Trust is doing a great job on many different fronts and long may it continue.

Oh and I won't fall out with anybody either over a few "letting off steam" posts on an Internet forum. I value their friendship too much.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:17:42 »

looking at the trust's aims they seem very wishy-washy and hard to quantify. what have the current board done to achieve these and are these aims particulalry important afterall?

Well to start off with there is an ACTUAL ground development plan...not something that is in someones head. In doing this plan they've consulted with local councillors, local residents groups and a MP.

And if the Trust wasn't around, well there probably, to borrow Bob Holt's phrase, 'be no consortium.' The Trust, along with Mike Wilks did a lot of groundwork to get Bill Power and Phil Emmel on board.

The Trust board do all this work in their spare time. Without them, we would be getting the same old drivel coming from the current board. Instead there is an alternative...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:18:26 »

What have the Romans ever done for us? Cool

Boeta, I think playing a pivitol role in getting someone with the money to purchase the club and stabalise it, along with getting Supporter shares and representation out of that deal and having produced a proposal document for the ground development which would ultimately improve the financial performance of the business would count as having achieved the main goals.

I think there was a period where the Trust kind of last it's "cause" in a way, where everyone thought the garden was rosey so a change of ownerhsip was not seen as desirable.  Since August the Trust has played a very pivitol role in attempting to do all I stated above, it has also seen it's membership rise to a level well beyond what a Trust would normally expect given the clubs fanbase.

Finally, I would if I had the time apply for election to the Trust Board, I think I could do a fair job to help out.  I would not however have any thoughts of going for the Supporter Director role as I do not feel the roles are in any way similar.  I would say very few of the Trust membership would think they could do the role on the Board of the football club.  However you might find someone with no interest in running the Trust happens to have all the skills and experience to be a Director of the footbal club.  This is why having a democratic organisation in place will work, because we can srutinise those who would want that role.  Don't forget many fans of this club will have been in more senior positions than any current Director of STFC may have been, it is after all actually quite a small business in the grand scheme of things with only £3m turnover.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:29:29 »

thank you for an excellent explanation, robert
sonic youth

« Reply #186 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:31:40 »

To put it bluntly, the Trust are made of amateurs - insofar as every board member and individual who works on behalf of the Trust are not paid for their time or effort.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:34:42 »

TalkTalk, I hope you have reconcidered your threat to withdraw your application for re-election  the Trust board.  I may not agree with your point of view (even if you ultimately may be right), but if everyone says the same thing then we all lose out.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:35:30 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
To put it bluntly, the Trust are made of amateurs - insofar as every board member and individual who works on behalf of the Trust are not paid for their time or effort.

i am well aware of that, it doesn't mean they have to act like it

i now appreciate that the trust does all it can without any real head-figure to give the organisation the drive, the leadership and skills to really take anything forward, so in that we have to accept slow progress is better than no progress
Piemonte

« Reply #189 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:38:39 »

Boeta, your attitude fucking stinks.

Please fuck off and talk about Cricket. It appears you at least have the knowledge on that subject to not make a cock of yourself everytime you post somthing - unlike your STFC related posts.

Its best for all concerned.
TalkTalk

« Reply #190 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:39:13 »

Quote from: "Batch"
TalkTalk, I hope you have reconcidered your threat to withdraw your application for re-election  the Trust board.

They won't let me withdraw it.

Bloody Nazis  Tongue
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:41:34 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Boeta, your attitude fucking stinks.

Please fuck off and talk about Cricket. It appears you at least have the knowledge on that subject to not make a cock of yourself everytime you post somthing - unlike your STFC related posts.

Its best for all concerned.

i'm a member of the trust, i have the right to ask questions about the organisation

why do you always get so aggressive when someone disagrees with you on an internet message board? it really is a little sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:43:09 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "Batch"
TalkTalk, I hope you have reconcidered your threat to withdraw your application for re-election  the Trust board.

They won't let me withdraw it.

Bloody Nazis  Tongue

Excellent.

Talking of Nazis, has anybody told you about the smoking ban at the CG next year Smiley Mwhahahahaha. You and GlosRed are going to suffer
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:44:10 »

i'm a member of the trust, i have the right to ask questions about the organisation

Absolutely correct

and I hope we have given the answers to the best of our ability
mattboyslim

« Reply #194 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 13:44:55 »

I think they'll need a smoking pen outside like in the pubs I visited in Cardiff last weekend - it's funny to watch all the smokers in their special area.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: