Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why cant this board just fuck off  (Read 22708 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:36:22 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
You're right, I have no business skills nor experience in leading people but that's not what I'm applying for the board for. My reasons for applying is to become more active in helping the Trust aside from the Consortium; which I'll have nothing to do with, so you needn't worry about it going "up shit creek".

I'm genuinely surprised that anyone would have a dig at me, or any other individual, for putting ourselves forward for election to the Trust board. There are currently too few Trust board members for the amount of work that is required, the more the merrier.

Exactly what is my place, Boeta? If you know yours perhaps you can share with me what you consider my place to be. I'm not trying to be the next Nelson Mandela, I simply want what is best for STFC.

:goodpost:  :toppost:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:36:59 »

oh and I really am not trying to be anything that I'm not, nor am I getting ideas above my station or being self-important here. I hope that those who know me will agree that I am a fairly level-headed and down to earth chap, at least I think that I am.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:37:50 »

oh and I really am not trying to be anything that I'm not, nor am I getting ideas above my station or being self-important here. I hope that those who know me will agree that I am a fairly level-headed and down to earth chap, at least I think that I am.

I concur
mattboyslim

« Reply #168 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:41:08 »

:goodpost:

Credit where it's due - you're taking action instead of sitting on your arse, the trust have done many good things -even if you just help orgnise another night like the Lou Macari one you'll have done some good and it will warrant credit.  I might even vote for you.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:42:04 »

Quote from: "pauld"
The Trust is a fans' organisation, made up of and run by fans. So, yes, you have every right to sneer at your fellow fans if you wish to. Or you could try doing something constructive about the ongoing mess the club is still in, promotion or not.

i have my own interests and commitments, and whilst swindon town used to be a significant part of my life it no longer is. that doesn't mean i'm not still interested and care about the club though

my overriding impression of the trust over the last couple of weeks, from the incorrect statement from the secretary to last night's bitch-fest is that it is an amateur organisation being run by amateurs. which is fine if all you want is a collection of fans who voice their opinions, but i'm not convinced by that if the trust wants to actually achieve anything

looking at the trust's aims they seem very wishy-washy and hard to quantify. what have the current board done to achieve these and are these aims particulalry important afterall?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:43:19 »

i wasn't referring to you when i used the term 'jumped-up' or as you put it 'self-important', although i do get the impressiont there are a few about who are
spacey

« Reply #171 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:45:33 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

I concur

Pfffft! He's alright I s'pose.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:47:07 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
from the incorrect statement from the secretary

Yeah, he was  a right stupid cunt wasn't he
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:48:43 »

The Trust is a fans' organisation, made up of and run by fans. So, yes, you have every right to sneer at your fellow fans if you wish to. Or you could try doing something constructive about the ongoing mess the club is still in, promotion or not.

i have my own interests and commitments, and whilst swindon town used to be a significant part of my life it no longer is. that doesn't mean i'm not still interested and care about the club though

my overriding impression of the trust over the last couple of weeks, from the incorrect statement from the secretary to last night's bitch-fest is that it is an amateur organisation being run by amateurs. which is fine if all you want is a collection of fans who voice their opinions, but i'm not convinced by that if the trust wants to actually achieve anything

looking at the trust's aims they seem very wishy-washy and hard to quantify. what have the current board done to achieve these and are these aims particulalry important afterall?

Not gonna go down the road of name calling saying your this and that but I think you are bang out of order for what youve just said.  The trust in my opnion is run by fans for free and they put in a hell of a lot of hours to ensure things get sorted.  Christ you really are on another planet

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:50:17 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Not gonna go down the road of name calling saying your this and that but I think you are bang out of order for what youve just said.  The trust in my opnion is run by fans for free and they put in a hell of a lot of hours to ensure things get sorted.  Christ you really are on another planet

hours showers. what are they achieving? what are they doing to fulfill their aims?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:51:04 »

Apart from you like to wear big coats and floppy hats when the suns out...

Seriously tho, you have the clubs best interests at heart which is what you need and want from a member.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:51:49 »

hours showers. what are they achieving? what are they doing to fulfill their aims?

Do you even  know what the aims are of a supporters trust?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:53:03 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Do you even  know what the aims are of a supporters trust?

yes they are available on the trust website and as a have said in a previous post seem rather wishy-washy and hard to quantify. it would seem to me that a lot of what the trust has done hasn't acted towards achieving their aims which seems a little pointless
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:55:13 »

Im not going to be drawn into an argument on this one.

We are never going to please everyone. Hey that's life !

As Bushey said there are a lot of people who put in a hellish amount of work in order to try and create a better club and a better environment in which to support STFC.

I for one am very very proud of where we stand at the moment
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:14:09 »

i wasn't referring to you when i used the term 'jumped-up' or as you put it 'self-important', although i do get the impressiont there are a few about who are

Are you including yourself in that? I don't know you or anything about you, but judging from the content of your posts I can't help but think you're being a tad hypocritical.

That's not really a fair way to judge something though is it? I've been posting on these forums ever since the idea of a fans consortium and it is the first real 'bitch-fest' I've seen. Part and parcel of life really, everyone has disagreements and I'm damn sure you can't say you've never been involved in a difference of opinion within a workplace or at home. The only difference is, is that this one happened to be broadcast on a message forum. The current board of STFC could be exactly the same or worse (and from mumbles I've heard their bitching is A LOT worse than some of the stuff that has been said on here).

I think you've been too quick to jump on the back of the consortium because of one disagreement which at the end of the day, right or wrong, has come down to each person involved feeling passion for the club they love and over stepping a boundray. I've been guilty of it before in the past, as I'm sure you have too.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: