Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Forum - Reaction  (Read 11953 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:01:36 »

Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"
I was left feeling frustrated and drained after sitting through that charade last night. Got home at ten to midnight and realised it had been a complete waste of my evening.
One lad sat near me summed it up very early on when he said "the amount of contempt coming from those seven people (ie the top table minus Sturrock) for everyone in this room is unbelievable"

I haven't quote it all to save space but...... :goodpost:  :toppost:

Sums up how I feel about those mother fuckers perfectly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:14:55 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Sturrock is an employee.

Why anyone is surprised that he backs his employers is beyond me.

What's he supposed to say?

'The people that employ me are all wankers and I'd like the consortium to takeover'?

I agree totally, he wont say anything against his current or possibly future empoyers, that would be totally stupid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mjad

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:32:03 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"

Andronikou did his 'the CVA can be renegotiated and all payments are up to date' (we've heard that before somewhere!!). Millom kept on asking questions...and pissing the board off!!. Andronikou hadn't heard about the fact that the Council have stated that they will NOT renegotiate. Paul D had him on the run when he mentioned in the CVA that the last 'bullet' payment was not dependent on a ground redevelopment, despite Andronikou saying it was originally. Andronikou didn't even know how much the last payment was for, but he said that can be delayed for up to a year on his say so . He better tell Nick Martin !!!

i will tell nick - really don't think he will be happy!

Bowden gave his normal splurge about the ground redevelopment, saying that Rod Bluh, the Council leader, was a 'brilliant leader' and that if he was here (he had the flu, apparently)

he is ill at the moment (just hope it was not me that gave this to him!)

that they would be announcing a plan for a possible CG redevelopment. He was asked about the Trust plans, and he still said about a 'fatal flaw' and he accused the Trust of not speaking the the 'right local councillors'.

I think Paul (et al) has spoken to most of the council - often, last time i spoke to was last night before the meeting.  i know he has spoken to the leader, dep leader & Nick Martin (in charge of finance) as well as myself as a ward cllr.  who has he NOT spoken to? [can someone find me a confused emoticon to go here pls]

He said Chippenham was a last resort, but he then brought up a possible development on the Front Garden (been there...done that!!!)

was at the council meeting this was discussed, not a bright move bringing that up again.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:46:55 »

Mjad - Bowden didn't know your name!!!!!!!!

He also stated while they will talk to you guys and the residents they don't really need you onboard at planning.

He also made it very clear the proposals include the entire site (cricket club, athletics & extension), because he confirmed they were for a 33 acre development (not the 38 he said previously) and confirmed that meant the entire site was included.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 12:48:05 »

Yes he did Rob, it's Cllr Wilkinson or Watkinson!!  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 13:16:54 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Mjad - Bowden didn't know your name!!!!!!!!

He also stated while they will talk to you guys and the residents they don't really need you onboard at planning.

He also made it very clear the proposals include the entire site (cricket club, athletics & extension), because he confirmed they were for a 33 acre development (not the 38 he said previously) and confirmed that meant the entire site was included.

oh, and I;m sure I heard him mention moving the ground from the current footprint was in the proposals.
deltaincline

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 15:25:28 »

oh, and I;m sure I heard him mention moving the ground from the current footprint was in the proposals.

Bowden did say that he wanted 'a brilliant new stadium not neccesarily on the existing footprint'.

The more I think about last nights forum the more convinved I am that the board are just a bunch of cunts on the make.

How the fuck they have the gall to sit there, with straight fucking faces and tell us that if they do sell the club, then they want to know that whoever they sell to will have to prove to them that they can take the club forward? What, just like they have? Who the fuck do they think they are? They cant pay their debts. WTF?

They really are absolutely fucking priceless :evil:
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:27:03 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "millom red"
I wasnt pissed.....yes i was gobby.
 Wink

I was making allowances for you being so loud. Your loudness must have been down to you being fucking angry then. No offence Wink

Non taken mate....i just hate microphones Oops

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
mjad

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:27:10 »

have e-mailed Nick Martin - will await the reply, but hope to see him Saturday!

As for the name, really don't care.

Am meeting with the cricket club very soon, they are NOT happy with the idea of moving, as for the residents' views on losing the green space - that's a no!  Perhaps if they spoke to the Trust who have spoken to all these groups they may learn what's going on

Having been 1st elected in 2000 you get to see the same issues keep coming up again & again - just with STFC it seems they want to take this to an extreem!  When will they stop trying to do everything from scratch & see what's been done before?  New people keep coming in to the club & come up with a new great idea - usually including a fair few of the reasons previous schemes have failed!
mjad

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:28:53 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Bowden did say that he wanted 'a brilliant new stadium not neccesarily on the existing footprint'.

did he happen to mention how this was to be financed? (sorry as an accountant & it being built on council land i am rather interested)
sonic youth

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:30:03 »

Isn't Mr Martin the bloke who really fucking hates STFC?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:31:42 »

I thought he was the 'fifth Beatle'?

It's All Good..............
sonic youth

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:32:56 »

Nah that's George. You're very good at being wrong today hertha  Cool
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:36:05 »

I was replying to your 'Mr Martin' post, Sonic.

Therefore I am 100% CORRECT!!

It's All Good..............
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 17:36:50 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Isn't Mr Martin the bloke who really fucking hates STFC?

He's not particularly fond of the club, that is true - mainly because they've had so many problems with rent payments, and the CVA, but I think he'd still dislike the club without that.  In any event, he is the sort of person you'd need to do a lot of talking with and compromise, show the financial benefits and that proper consultation has taken place etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: