Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Forum - Reaction  (Read 11886 times)
fatbury

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:01:17 »

I have to say I didnt expect anything else ... but it clearly shows the reality of the situation ... although the Trust are saying negotiations are still taking place can you honesty see the current board giving any of it up?? They seem to strive on these little power trips of theirs and they continue to lie and use underhand tactics whenever possible.  I for one will be protesting more vocally on Saturday ..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:20:40 »

I'd agree with Paul more like 1-1 at the moment.

Loved the question

"Can you tell us if the Bryan Adams concert made any money for the club last year?"

"Yes, about £50,000" Starnes

"Why did Mr Diamandis state in an Evening Advertiser interview that we made no money out of it then?"

**Silence**

To be fair I thought Holt was out of line with Paul D, but I suppose it's understandable, ie they know he's a major player in the trust and if they could make him look stupid (which they didn't) it's have been a good night for them.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:24:45 »

Yes that moment was class Jan. Diamandis just looked at Starnes and shrugged.
fatbury

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:34:19 »

they have lied so often they can't even remember the lies
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:48:10 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"

Bowden gave his normal splurge about the ground redevelopment, saying that Rod Bluh, the Council leader, was a 'brilliant leader' and that if he was here (he had the flu, apparently) that they would be announcing a plan for a possible CG redevelopment. He was asked about the Trust plans, and he still said about a 'fatal flaw' and he accused the Trust of not speaking the the 'right local councillors'. He said Chippenham was a last resort, but he then brought up a possible development on the Front Garden (been there...done that!!!)

Bowden seems to forget that the previous leader of the council was quite happy to sit in on the clubs press conference to announce the Shaw Tip plans which he wouldn't have done unless he and others within the council supported those plans. It was amazing how quick he back tracked as soon as the local residents and councillors started kicking up a fuss. It will take a lot more than being a bit cosy with Bluh to get any plans through.
deltaincline

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:50:53 »

Quote from: "millom red"
I wasnt pissed.....yes i was gobby.
 Wink

I was making allowances for you being so loud. Your loudness must have been down to you being fucking angry then. No offence Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:51:38 »

Interesting to note what wasn't announced last night:

Sturrock as a director (wonder if he refused it)

Starnes as Chief Exec - Holt kept referring to him as "the Accounts Department" which must have gone down well. Given Sandy Gray's no-show, I wonder if Starnes has been pushed sideways to FD and Bowden will be CE. He certainly seems to want it. If so, Starnes must be spitting feathers - so near, yet so far. Ah well, back to your place in the "Accounts Department" then.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 09:55:57 »

"I cannot comment on previous members of Swindon Borough Council"  Mike Bowden 21 February 2007 or 21 February 2006 if you ask Starnes.
fatbury

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 10:52:47 »

maybe the board decided not to put Sturrock on the board yet in order NOT to alienate the fans against their manager .. sadly as far as Im concerned he is IN with the board wished .. I know you wont all agree with me on this and I dont expect you to .. its just my opinion
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:03:42 »

Sturrock is an employee.

Why anyone is surprised that he backs his employers is beyond me.

What's he supposed to say?

'The people that employ me are all wankers and I'd like the consortium to takeover'?

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:06:34 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
maybe the board decided not to put Sturrock on the board yet in order NOT to alienate the fans against their manager .. sadly as far as Im concerned he is IN with the board wished .. I know you wont all agree with me on this and I dont expect you to .. its just my opinion

Seriously now Fatbury will you please shut the fuck up.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:15:20 »

I was left feeling frustrated and drained after sitting through that charade last night. Got home at ten to midnight and realised it had been a complete waste of my evening.
One lad sat near me summed it up very early on when he said "the amount of contempt coming from those seven people (ie the top table minus Sturrock) for everyone in this room is unbelievable"

Bob Holt was very aggressive against the Trust, in particular Paul Davis, who to his immense credit didn't get caught up with Holts petty attempts at point scoring. "is Bill Power here tonight? no? is Mike Wilks Here? no? Phil Emmell? NO? They're not here???" No Bob you plum they're not here, this is a fans forum, one which the club originally stated would have no discussion on the consortium/takeover. Why the fuck would they be here anyway?
Ok Mike Wilks would as he's a Town fan but he's out of the country not that that's any of your fucking business, my mate wasn't there last night either, goes to every game he does, do you want to know why he wasn't there too?

Andronikou, well he was dropped right in it considering he was the only one there not a club employee he got all the flak right at the start. Think he was unprepared, and didn't expect the level of interrogation he got, and as a result he contradicted himself on a number of occasions and failed to answer the main points ie. is the cva dependant on a ground redevelopment?
first he said it was, then it wasn't, then when asked whether it was or wasn't, he went into such a long ramble in avoiding the question, that everyone forgot the question.
Incidentally I thought it hilarious and scary at the same time when he described accounts as quote no more than a historical document unquote.

Starnes, our acting CEO's entire contribtution for the night was to (a) get forgotten when Holt was introducing 'the panel' at the start. (b) blame the now infamous crippling bonus scheme on Mark Devlin and Bill Power and (c) say the Brian Adams concert had made the club £50k. (causing Diamandis to shrug *did I lie? ah well who cares*)  
oh and (d) say the accounts were not three years out of date at all how dare you suggest that, 2005 is nearly ready!! maybe this was what Andronikou was referring to as a historical document...

Wee Willy was there for comedy value only.

Bowden, to be fair to the bloke he's only been here five minutes. re the ground development it could all just be pie in the sky whatever it is he's trying to achieve.
But as he wouldn't give anything away about anything, it's very hard to judge the bloke. He seemed to name drop alot, and shout about being a corporate lawyer a bit, but no substance with regards any proposals at all. they're looking at 3 options on the CG site was all he would say. Out of all of them he seems like the only one who would get out there and get things done. Dodged everything nicely and did himself no damage.

Wills. This is the one that I've been churning over in my head. The family love the club and have kept it alive for years as we are constantly told. ipso facto we all love the Wills family, and James Wills was sat there in theory with the goodwill of the fans behind him. Why then did he resort to reading out a bland statement written by his Lawyers? Why??

I'd have loved to hear the bloke speak freely and from the heart about the club. his love for it, how its in the family, in the blood, how he must be stark raving mad to keep on mortgaging his estate to fund this club, how all logic goes out the window when it comes to STFC, and this club is in his bones like it's in all our bones too etc etc etc.
I'd have loved to have seen someone up there with some passion for the club I guess. I wouldn't expect it from Starnes, Andronikou, Diamandis, Holt or Bowden (despite repeated attempts to paint himself as a football nut) maybe wee willie a little bit, but he's just wee willie at the end of the day.

but surely your man Wills could have shown that someone on that fucking table up there table actually understood what it meant to be a Swindon Town fan and actually gave two shits about the club!
Instead he came out with a sterile, patronising statement, longer than this post is turning into. And I just thought what the fuck am I doing sat here listening to this facade? What are you actually saying and why are you here?

Sturrock was good value as always, but I really wish he hadn't been there.

The whole crux of the matter is they are denying there is an offer. They all put on pantomime shocked faces everytime anyone referred to the consortium or the takeover. a la  Shocked  what takeover??  :shock:  consortium? WHERE?  Shocked  and by that point it had ground me down. and I thought this is fucking nonsense we're going round and round in circles here.

I don't really think this changes anything at all, I just wanted to vent my spleen and actually make some sense of a long evening. Sorry for the rant, if anything it just means I'm going to protest louder and stronger from now until they're gone.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:32:37 »

The_Plagiarist,  Clap
Piemonte

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:36:40 »

I didnt go last night

Anyone see the link between "2005 accounts almost ready" and the consortium (that dosnt exist) not making a firm cash offer?  Shrug  Thats right because BP is supposed to have memorised the clubs balance sheet (does this exist?) as at june this year isnt he?

Give me strength :wanker:
Dazzza

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 11:40:10 »

The ‘news’ on the stadium development is interesting.  Presumably the club are going for a similar proposal to the Trust introductory plans released a few months back.  Minus ‘fatal law’ no doubt.  

If and again it’s a big ’if’ the proposals carry more credibility than previous tenders and we have something of a ‘community’ stadium with commercial bolt-on’s the club are going to require a serious amount of goodwill from the community and fans to back their proposals for a private/commercial development on council owned land.  

As Roddy mentioned above previous Council leaders have been more than happy to sit on past development announcements but after a waft of unrest from the natives they've quickly jumped the Titanic.  Are we on course for a similar announcement, backing in principal from the council to see a re-developed stadium?  In effect this has been re-iterated by the council numerous times in the past..

They’ll also be a few cutting questions from fans and supporters groups.  Previous proposals have always been a little light on factual detail when it comes to ownership, commercial rights, rental agreements and shareholder/board stakes etc.  Yet despite the sketchy details and questionable looking plans there was a lot of goodwill support in the past.  

While the consortium rumbles on in the background will there me anything at all in the way of backing?  

Unless there is full public disclosure on the development plans will you support the board’s proposals to develop the County Ground?  

The reality is that unless precise details are known beforehand we could easily end up with a Newbury influenced equivalent of the Kassam situation.  Looking at the unlikely scenario, if the board were to succeed in getting through planning it’s going to strengthen the incumbents hand and effectively place any takeover bid in a difficult decision.  

On balance though we have to be careful of a ‘nose cutting’ – ‘spite the face’ incident.  It is in the club’s eventual interest to develop the stadium regardless of ownership as it could pay off the final CVA payment of 900k, resolve the club’s future and possibly generate external revenue.  However, even with the goodwill pot empty the board are going to have to clarify their exact position on the following before I could consider giving them any backing.  Off the top of my head….

Who will retain ownership of the site?  Typically these schemes are held in a holding company comprising of the council, club and developer.  Given that the club is owned by a holding company with external interests, shaeholders and connections to St Modwen through additional developments I would feel very wary of the holding company holding any rights over site ownership/management.

What involvement has St Modwen in any development?  Has the ‘lovers tiff’ been resolved?

Will the club pay rent, for what and how much? Hull City are living rent free at the KC Stadium for the first 10 years.  If the club has to pay rent; how much, who to, what length of contract and crucially what for?  If the football club ends up simply paying rental into a management company for playing at the CG are we actually going to be any better off?  

Who retains ownership/control of any initial commercial profit generated through housing etc and through continuous income streams such as conferencing and rental of commercial space?      

All old questions that have been far more eloquently asked in the past but unless there are answers then I’d have to consider any development.   :|

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: