Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Forum - Reaction  (Read 11958 times)
mjad

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 21:53:30 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Mjad - Bowden didn't know your name!!!!!!!!.

he has e-mailed me tonight using the correct surname - mind you he did refer to "Your wife" which was news to me i was married!  

copy of the e-mail i sent:
I would prefer an answer to the question I raised in relation to the County Ground Development in writing:

“I am extremely concerned about the rumours doing the rounds about these plans that they include building on the Cricket pitch & the green open spaces around the ground which would be unacceptable to the local residents and cricket club.  Please can you reassure me that these rumours are not true.”

I am meeting the cricket club in the near future & would like to reassure them that their pitch is not under threat (as per the Trust’s plans, which I was fully consulted over).  Also I am in constant communication with local residents & would like to say that the club are not touching the green space (as per the Trust’s plans)

I would like to direct you to the Trust’s plans, available at http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG_main.php which was done in conjunction with ward councillors & the local residents.

Also I am concerned that:

i)                     Comments about the CVA at the meeting yesterday were along the lines that the council would be affected in a negative way.

ii)                   Plans for the redevelopment include developing the whole County Ground site when STFC do not own nor lease it.

-----

I await a reply with interest!
TalkTalk

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 21:58:19 »

Clap
mjad

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:01:25 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Isn't Mr Martin the bloke who really fucking hates STFC?

He's not particularly fond of the club, that is true - mainly because they've had so many problems with rent payments, and the CVA, but I think he'd still dislike the club without that.  In any event, he is the sort of person you'd need to do a lot of talking with and compromise, show the financial benefits and that proper consultation has taken place etc.

Nick, like me is not a football fan (both are members of Premiership rugby clubs), just wanting the best for Swindon.
I feel that the club are not doing the best for Swindon - whereas the Trust are trying to!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:04:47 »

Mjads a tory dontcha know Shocked

/
W56196272
TalkTalk

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:05:56 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

At the moment he is

Wink

(no offence Mike)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:10:32 »

Mike,

It will be interesting what kind of response you will get back from Mr Bowden.

It will be also interesting if he mentions the so called 'fatal flaw' which he describes on the Trust plans, in his response.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:20:20 »

didnt anyone ask what the so called fatal flaw is?

Seems the local counsilors perfer and have had more imput from the Trust.

It worries me, that since the last fans forum thingy....just after Iffy was appointed, they've pretty much said the same stuff re: stadium and have progressed no further....apart from hiring someone on more money to spout the same lines

In that time the Trust have done so much more, and all in their spare time.....the mind boggles
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:22:26 »

Bowden doesn't even talk a good game. I can't believe the club have employed him  :jaw1: (the last sentence was ironic).
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:25:12 »

Quote from: "DV85"
didnt anyone ask what the so called fatal flaw is?

Yes. Bowden mentioned it was the housing on the development, despite it being low cost housing, and been given the OK from local councillors and residents as acceptable.

Personally, Bowden is just shit-stirring.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:28:13 »

so, how exactly is it flawed?

Id say its less flawed that building on the cricket pitch, where the club have a longer leece than the football club

....but what do I know compared to Bodwen eh  :roll:
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 00:07:07 »

Quote from: "The_Plagiarist"
One lad sat near me summed it up very early on when he said "the amount of contempt coming from those seven people (ie the top table minus Sturrock) for everyone in this room is unbelievable"

can i be a lad at 25?  Cool

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
mjad

« Reply #101 on: Friday, February 23, 2007, 08:05:58 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

At the moment he is

Wink

(no offence Mike)

none taken!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: