Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: player ratings  (Read 4610 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 21:53:00 »

I thought Peacock just played behind Lukas in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 21:59:16 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "simon pieman"
The defence was good today I thought. It wasn't their fault we had loads of pressure on us, but on the whole they coped well. Bollocks ratings for that area of the pitch (from arriba, and even others).

the defence was far from good,collectively ok i suppose but hardly convincing, apart from ifil. especially first half.vincent and williams kept getting their wires crossed and were poor.we were lucky the defensive frailtys were not punished!we were lucky to be leading at half time imo.wycombe had been the better side until that point.
i like williams as a player but thought he struggled badly today.
vincent for me looked lost at times,hence why i scored them both low.

We were lucky to lead, but would be unlucky to lose. The defence did what was asked of them. If you want a poor defence - look at Wycombe's, our's was good in comparison
Bartek

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:14:31 »

I thought Peacock just played behind Lukas in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Maybe. I wasn't on the game -just listened to it  Cheesy .
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:18:10 »

it was a basic, bog standard 4-4-2 formation

Smith

Smith
Ifil
Williams
Vincent

Roberts
Pook
Timlin
Zaaboub

Peacock
Jutkiewicz
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:28:14 »

I have listened to games on BBC Wiltshire internet links before....I did for the Mansfield game
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:34:05 »

i thought we tried doing too much with it in our own penalty area. We arent brazil, were fucking swindon town. When you get the ball on the edge of your own area, dont try and dribble it past the whole of the opposition team please (that means you Mr Roberts/ Zaboob).

That said, i thought roberts was our best player today, despite his edge of the area "dribbles". Best right winger we have, just a shame he doesn't appear to like it. I also thought vincent was very good today, putting in some crucial bocks.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:39:16 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
i thought we tried doing too much with it in our own penalty area. We arent brazil, were fucking swindon town. When you get the ball on the edge of your own area, dont try and dribble it past the whole of the opposition team please (that means you Mr Roberts/ Zaboob).

That said, i thought roberts was our best player today, despite his edge of the area "dribbles". Best right winger we have, just a shame he doesn't appear to like it. I also thought vincent was very good today, putting in some crucial bocks.

In the after match on RS, Roberts was talking about playing wide right, which he's previously hated, saying he didn't think he would end up there this season....interestingly, he said Luggy had allowed him some freedom, which I suppose keeps him happy, and would include the the dodgy dribbles from deep.
Bartek

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:41:12 »

have listened to games on BBC Wiltshire internet links before....I did for the Mansfield game

All coming Swindons games will be on this radio...so If I won't be busy I'll be there Tongue

but to the ratings....

First half was very difficult for us . Nobody writes about P.Smith , but he saves us a couple of times...Ok...ok...maybe my imagination is pathetic  Cheesy  , but I think he played well
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:42:50 »

he had alot to save, esp in the first half but most of the shots were right at him, so he should of saved them.

You would expect him to....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2006, 22:43:10 »

he did. made saves you'd expect him to make, but didnt make any mistakes, which is a bonus

Things get better but they never get good
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2006, 09:59:15 »

I think too many people are harsh on Vincent on Saturday I thought he was class he kept Betsy (probably the best winger in the division) in his back pocket, I cant remember a single time that Betsy beat him and when marking someone quicker it is sensible to play a yard off him and then pick your moment to make the challenge.  Main weakness to his game is he doesnt attack enough but he is no nonsense and doesnt let anyone down IMO  Cool
Amir

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2006, 10:16:06 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "swindon town dave"

In the after match on RS, Roberts was talking about playing wide right, which he's previously hated, saying he didn't think he would end up there this season....interestingly, he said Luggy had allowed him some freedom, which I suppose keeps him happy, and would include the the dodgy dribbles from deep.

Timlin ran up to Roberts after the first goal and seemed to be telling him he should be happier with having created it, after which he pointed at the town fans behind him to show him that he was being applauded.  Roberts clapped the fans back but that exchange did seem to show that he's still not entirely happy with playing wide right, even if he says so on the radio.

From what he's shown there I think he'll have to get used to it for the time being.  He also put in a great cross in the first half where he cut back onto his left, whereas Shakey can't do it with either peg.  Roberts doesn't half scare me when he's got it in our half at times mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: