Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts from the Brentford game.  (Read 11635 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 08:54:02 »

Fucking quality match, I must admit after 25 mins I thought we were doomed, how I wished Wise had chosen Williams ahead of Nicho.  But an hour later I was in the edge of my seat.  

Late on atmosphere quality, the whole crowd urging our "reserves" on.  Fola, superb, Evans dominant, Caton a cracking player in the making, Brownlie a stupid fucking aussie who should be told by Wise what most think of childish behaviour.  Ifil, reincarnated into a tower of strength, he was actually telling Smith (gk) what to do at times, when did he speak on the pitch last year.

I know we're only 5 matches in but the Wise revolution is gaining momentum, he is changing every aspect of the club, for the better, STFC are going places and I don't mean the travel agents - we're going up as fooking champions!!!

Believe!!!  (especially you Sonic).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 08:57:19 »

:shock: fucking hell Jan optimism!
fatbury

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:00:07 »

hear hear Jan! Beers
adje

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:26:18 »

Bloody great night out!Got home at 2.00 knackered but entertained.My thoughts; Paul Ince?Forget him and give the No.4 shirt to Holgate-after a slow start,got better and better and in extra-time it seemed sometimes he was the only player on the pitch!Strong in the tackle perceptive in his passing and totally comfortable on the ball-the complete opposite of Pook;Ifil absolutely storming game;Evans-the new Scott Leitch,with goals!Vincent-as I mentioned after the Barnet game-ball watcher.Decent left foot but gets caught out too often(agree with Sonic on that one);Caton was good on the left-abetter bet than Monkfish or Brown in my opinion;Weston the same on the right-better than Shakes;if Roberto and Peacock had played up front we'd have smashed them-more balls into the forwards last night than our first 2 home games put together.It aint gonna happen but I'd be tempted to start with the midfield that finished and bring back Brez,Williams and the 2 strikers with Nicho moving to left back in place of Vincent but then again we've won 4 out of 4 in the league so that might be harsh on Shakesy and Monkfish.Oh and the Town End was superb!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:31:06 »

Quote from: "Rich"

I know I've surprised myself, I am a bit worried about the "Wycombe factor" they started amazingly last year then shot their load way too early, bit I am convinced that Dennis Wise is the best thing to happen to this club since Glenn Hoddle.  He has turned the no hopers we had last year into confident "professional" footballers.

We are going up.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:31:59 »

5500 for a cup game also reflects the new found optimism.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:33:23 »

i must admit that im loving the optimism at the moment. even people like DV are being optimistic. it's great to see
fatbury

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:33:45 »

i know - that was a brilliant attendence ... and the atmosphere was top notch second half .. I noticed you even got the graveyard stand clappin over there lady!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:35:37 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Rich"

I am a bit worried about the "Wycombe factor" they started amazingly last year then shot their load way too early,

On the other hand, when we won Div 2 (as was) under McMahon in 95-96, we started in similar fashion and just kept going and going. I believe, with the occasional blip, that is what will happen this time round.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:37:43 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
i know - that was a brilliant attendence ... and the atmosphere was top notch second half .. I noticed you even got the graveyard stand clappin over there lady!

Was not there last night but the second half and extra time was the best a game has sounded in a long long time Cool
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:40:14 »

so whos going on saturday and cranking up the volume then? hopefully we will get 7000 plus for that one
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:44:59 »

Cheesy  Last night was the best evening match I've ever been to! Far from boring. Alot of good football was played, and the atmosphere was really good too - infact I heard the arkells singing from where I was sat in the nationwide! (and yes I have come to the conclusion that the nationwide is maybe a bit better, cleaner facilities etc) I had some bloke behind me that kept shouting pppuuuuutitwiiiiide! that was funny.

Anyway I thought the youngsters did well, evans goal was brilliant. I think after the second goal they really really went for it and the fight in us kicked in.
Not really bothered that we lost, because the game showed alot of positives and we can concentrate now on holding our top of the league status  Cool

RED ARMY
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:45:24 »

I'm in Cornwall on Saturday, so I'll be busy shouting at Jeff Stelling and co on SSNews.

I took a couple of moments last night, during the final stages, to look around the ground, everyone clapping and singing, it reminded me of QPR away, when they went up.  How there was only 5,500 there I'll never know it sounded like 10,000!!

Evans is fucking brilliant by the way!
Doore

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:50:10 »

I can't wait until Saturday.  Its been so many years since I felt midweek excitement about a weekend game.  It sure beats dreading the weekend coming around.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:55:09 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Absolutely nothing to do with me.......you got Spencers lot to thank for that...they were pretty good at getting the Arkells to wake up a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: