Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts from the Brentford game.  (Read 11532 times)
flammableBen

« on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:00:28 »

Hopefully when people get back from the match they'll get the hint and post in here, I hate having to go through 5 threads saying the same thing...

Anyhoo, from listening it sounded like we were by far the best team from the second half onwards. Evan's goal sounded like it was ace with the build up and was on his wrong foot. From what I can work out Bronlies sending off was from him getting a second yellow for argueing about the first.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:09:41 »

evans goal was awesome

brownlie got sent off for dissent over a foul that never ever ever ever was. the ref was a lot kak. however he's a pro and should know not to gob off to a cunt of a ref

we were better, by miles. shoulda won. many many many positives to take from this

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:17:03 »

If we play like that everygame, then we shall piss this league.

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:17:55 »

no we won't. cos brentford came here and didn't put 10 men behind the ball. which the indication is that most teams will do to us

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:20:03 »

gutted Sad

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:22:00 »

fair point. but i think that tonight showed the team had bottle and spirit.  we went 2-0 goals behind, yet the players heads didn't drop, and at the end of the day we could of easily won 4 -2

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:23:37 »

Fantastic battling back from 2 goals down. Pure quality for Evans goal.  We always looked the most likely to win after that. Shame we didn't quite have the cutting edge/quality to kill it off.

Brownlie was a prize cock for arguing the first (undeserved) yellow. I assume the first yellow was for either diving (he didn't) or persistant fouling (it wasn't a foul). Either way gobbing off is inexcusable. And he clapped the ref after the red, can the ban be extended for that?

How strong was Brentfords team anyway, did they play a lot of 1st 11?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:39:01 »

Was a gutsy display after a poor first half. All credit to the (weakened) team tonight and I for one am not disappointed with them.

We were atleast equal and both teams had chances.  Fola should perhaps have scored in ET but lost track of the ball

Brownlie should NEVER have been booked for the first one. NEVER EVER EVER. It was a joke. But his reaction was silly and he got what he deserved
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:44:56 »

We should have won comfortably. Onibuje was really good I thought, Holgate was immense as was Evans. The workrate, passion and fitness on show was superb.

On another day, we would have won that 6-2. Really good performance.
magnum150

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:46:02 »

Bans for sending off can only be increased for rude/insulting behaivour.

The first yellow was for persistent fouling, was unfair though as he had been dragged down.

Over all a good performance and an exciting game to watch. well worth the money.

One thing, when did town last win a shoot out?
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:47:31 »

Millwall a few years ago in the ldv?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:48:02 »

Smith 7 - Good punching/catching from crosses. Not too many saves made

Holgate 8 - GREAT workrate throughout the 120 mins and looked good

Evans 8 - Always involved, a few poor shots but made up for it with a goal that left wanker Nelson stood still  Cool

Onibuje worked very hard, Brownlie battled but was stupid to get sent off

Other than that it was just a battling performance and we looked like a better side than against Barnet. Hopefully we can keep this level of play up in the league
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:49:42 »

Cracking match!
We were by far the better team and should have scored more than the two we did.
Holgate was immense in the centre of midfield. For a player that used to be used as a striker, can't half make a good tackle and track back.
There was no faulting any of the team today. The defence in the first 20 minutes was a little suspect, but once the two goals were scored against us, they handled anything thrown at them.
We were great going forward and the link up play between each and every player, was fantastic.

P.Smith - 7 - Great kicking ability and made one fine stop, otherwise he was very rarely troubled.
J.Smith - 7 - Went about his job well. Didnt have to much to deal with.
Vincent - Wasnt on long enough to judge
Ifil - 8 - Another great performance from Jerel. His distribution has got a lot better.
Nicho - 8 - Good goal and looked solid. Was slightly dodgy in the first 20 minutes, but dealt with anything.
Shakes - 7 - In and out of the game, but when in it, he linked up well with the likes of Holgate and Fola.
Brown - 7 - Did well IMO. Worked hard.
Holgate - 9 - Was tremendous! Rightfully man of the match and got stuck in all over the pitch. His tackling ability is brilliant and has very good awareness. I'd pick him over Pook any day. (Why were people making strange noises towards him in the first half, everytime he got the ball?)
Smith - 8 - Great goal and is a real battler. His set pieces are amazing.
Brownlie - 7 - Unlucky with the sending off and nearly won it for us at the end of the 90 minutes, if that cunt of a defender didnt header it away from the goal!
Onibuje - 7/8 - Had a great first half. Deserved a goal and probably should have scored. Worked very hard and his pace troubled their defence.

Weston - 7 - Solid game from Weston. I prefer him in the centre of midfield, rather than out wide, but still had a very good game.
Caton - 7 - Good to see him back. Had a good game and caused Brentford a lot of trouble.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:50:49 »

did evans goal take a deflection, because thats how it looked from where i was stood. I also thought that shakes looked good at right back, and caton showed some good touches.

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 22:51:15 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We should have won comfortably. Onibuje was really good I thought, Holgate was immense as was Evans. The workrate, passion and fitness on show was superb.

On another day, we would have won that 6-2. Really good performance.

Great minds think a like  :thumbs:

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: