Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts from the Brentford game.  (Read 11529 times)
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:01:21 »

Cheesy  My friends were sat in the away end and said 'that arkells stand has a good atmosphere, some of your fans were getting a bit lary'. I knew it would be sonic and co  Wink

RED ARMY
McLovin

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:08:41 »

Usually i always agree with Sonic's assessment of games. On this occasion, i can't.

We deserved to go through.

Caton is my new favourite player.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:20:29 »

I can't wait for saturday's game, will be ace.  Shame I am stuck in the boring old town end though  Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 11:10:25 »

Team for sat? I reckon...

Brezovan
JSmith Beast Williams Nicholas
Holgate (Ince/Weston) Evans Brown (can't believe I'm saying that)
Cock  Roberts

Ashan needs games.

Caton should be on the bench.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 11:29:05 »

echo most of the sentiments, better team, didnt deserve to go out blardy blar.

why is shakes still wank? his only good cross of the season went in the top corner.

no matter what S_W will tell you fola is fucking gash but i still seeing him scoring a few unlike gash strikers of the past like luke nightingale and that bunch.

ifil is brilliant. as is evans.

the two main positives of the game have got to be holgate and caton. holgate is stronger than pook in the tackle, seems to have a better engine but can still use the ball. if pook ever plays ahead of this lad i'll kick ash in the face.

caton looks twice the size he did away at wrexham on his debut.... a real prospect, fair play to wise for giving him a good run out. was a gamble for him and i expected jutkiewicz.

good set of lads in the arkells, still back to the town end on saturday.

officially blacker than the night.
sonic youth

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:15:38 »

despite my thoughts on last night, i still think we're going up and we're going to piss this league.

a few other positives which struck me last night:

the players still looked fit at 120 minutes, some of the same players barely managed 90 last season.

the workrate throughout the game was immense.

the reduced price and optimism around the place led to an excellent crowd for the first round of the carling cup, we got far more than any other club in this division last night and a fair few league one clubs as well.

on reflection, i probably was a bit harsh on our performance and i think we did deserve to win in normal time. however, our penalties were rubbish.

i maintain that fola is rubbish and holgate was nothing special...
kaufman

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:22:28 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
despite my thoughts on last night, i still think we're going up and we're going to piss this league.

a few other positives which struck me last night:

the players still looked fit at 120 minutes, some of the same players barely managed 90 last season.

the workrate throughout the game was immense.

the reduced price and optimism around the place led to an excellent crowd for the first round of the carling cup, we got far more than any other club in this division last night and a fair few league one clubs as well.

on reflection, i probably was a bit harsh on our performance and i think we did deserve to win in normal time. however, our penalties were rubbish.

i maintain that fola is rubbish and holgate was nothing special...

evans and ifils were excellent penalties hitting them so hard that the keeper could not even get there in time, smith sent the keeper the wrong way.

weston did a waddle and holgate tried to be to cool!

now forgive me but that would mean all of our penalties were not shite
sonic youth

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:28:23 »

the penalties we missed were rubbish, sort of missed out the key part of that sentence...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:38:23 »

the penalties we missed were rubbish, sort of missed out the key part of that sentence...
Agreed. Weston's went nowhere near the goal and Holgate's was saved the minute he stepped up from the half way line!

Having said that the other 2 penalties were very good

Ace crowd last night, 20 minutes straight of Dennis Wise's BArmy Army killed the arms and throat but hey it was fun!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:45:37 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Agreed. Weston's went nowhere near the goal and Holgate's was saved the minute he stepped up from the half way line!

Ace crowd last night, 20 minutes straight of Dennis Wise's BArmy Army killed the arms and throat but hey it was fun!

Or even the other 3

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 14:47:14 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Or even the other 3
Typo sorry  :?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 15:29:07 »

weston's sailed so high over the bar I hear Rob Andrew's got him in a development squad pencilled in at Twickenham next week...and Ashan lined his up pacing out as if he were Jonny Wilkinson!

ASHAN FOR ENGLAND!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 16:28:44 »

Still can't see how Sonic thinks Fola was cack. He was fucking everywhere last night; left wing, right wing, up front, tracking back. Even Roberts doesn't do that. On another night Fola would've scored 2 or 3.

Have to admit that when Evans signed I thought Wise was a fucking loony signing a player that was left out of the Forest team for a whole season, however I now think he is a fucking legend and will be getting his name on my shirt this weekend  Cool

Ashan looked ok, just get Gurney to give him a kick in the bollocks pre-match and we'll be rockin 'n rollin!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 16:36:43 »

Nobody can doubt Folas workrate, it's his quality that is questionable. He should have scored last night. You'd think that Roberts/Peacock would have tucked one away (though it isn't guaranteed).

I'm not on a downer with him. I quite like him. He gives defenders other problems with his hieght and pace. He was 100% committed and he can't do more than that.
mr ian

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 17:53:37 »

can i just say are estimations of are team have gone down hill quick.

1 or 2 seasons ago 2-2 with brentford would have been a bit disapointing for me.

now were seem happy to play the underdog to brentford!

yes we did play well but this stuff about im so proud of how we played?

Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: