Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *EN-GER-LAND V Ecuador  (Read 7435 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 26, 2006, 11:36:06 »

My Thoughts:

I think we did ok. The formation made us hard to break down, Equador only had 1 real chance and that came from Terry's mistake and Robinsons indecision. Breat block by Ashley Cole though.

The stats show Equador had more shots than us, but this is misleading as I remember at least 3 or 4 higly speculative efforts from 30+ yards in the second half, when they seemed totally devoid of any other ideas. Part of that stems from Equadors own deficiencies, part of that from good organised play from England.

The inclusion of carrick meant we kept the ball much better than usual, he dosnt break up as much play as Hargreaves did against Sweden, but the upside is he has the ability to play incisive forward passes. In the same role, Hargreaves is mostly sideways and backwards. Hargreaves himself had another good game, and I'd keep him there v Portugal, possibly even if G Neville is fit due to Nevilles lack of match practice and training in the last few weeks.

Despite the tabloid mentality of everything either being brilliant or shite, the truth is our performance was OK in my opinion, nothing more nothing less. We do need to improve to beat Portugal, but there were enough positives to suggest this can still happen for me. Several passes were marginally overhit towards Rooney (mainly be Lampard) on another day these would have presented a goalscoring chance for us.

On the subject of Rooney, quite where he got that perfomance from I'll never know. Its not that he was brilliant thoughout, just flashes of brilliance, but bearing in mind he had a broken foot 7 or 8 weeks ago I thought his performance and physical contition were incredible.

I'd play the same team and same formation against Portugal.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 26, 2006, 12:40:59 »

:thumbs:

Sad to say, i must be on my way
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2006, 07:09:45 »

Mystic Larwood predicts the future

Soapy Tit Wank