Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9073771 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21990 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:14:39 »

Well, our chairman didn't sell the catering rights either. Thank the Jedmeister for that one.

If you really think we are being butt fucked by Power have a look at what's going on at Chesterfield.

Players - including Ched Evans - shisha piping it in Hungary while all pissed up.

They hold a charity match for one of their favourite old players then charge the family 2 grand for stewarding and never telling them how much the match raised.

Holding an auction for 2 fans to go on their trip to Hungary then putting out that the 'winner' was ill and couldn't attend when there never was a prize in the first place and the winner never existed.

Now, if Power was doing that then, yes, I'd be fuming. But he isn't as far as we know.
Panda Paws

« Reply #21991 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:15:11 »

My point was two new players in this year, vig and white were hear last year. Ten out two in, i dont think anyone will be happy with that. Anyway it doesnt matter as i am  off to watch local non league football next year at wootton bassett town as i feel with there new facilities and forward looking club that they have more ambition.

Total respect for people getting out and watching non-league football.

Zero respect for fans saying they won't watch their club because they haven't signed enough players they've heard of, or enough players at all and not spent money they don't have.

Could we have signed more players? Yes. Will we? Yes. Will we go up? Probably not. Will we go down? Probably not. Will we have a young side and more Academy graduates than most at this level? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No.

Enjoy RWB and "making a stand". See you back at the CG when we've won a few games or signed a striker. Joke.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21992 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:22:17 »

Zero respect for fans saying they won't watch their club because they haven't signed enough players they've heard of, or enough players at all and not spent money they don't have.

Could we have signed more players? Yes. Will we? Yes. Will we go up? Probably not. Will we go down? Probably not. Will we have a young side and more Academy graduates than most at this level? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No.

Enjoy RWB and "making a stand". See you back at the CG when we've won a few games or signed a striker. Joke.
Can't argue with any of that, I have never stopped going to a game because we haven't signed enough players, but then again I have a feeling that post of Nobbys was Fishing. somewhat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21993 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:23:12 »

I don't know if you uae tapatalk but I have liked this post FYI

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #21994 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:26:48 »

I don't know if you uae tapatalk but I have liked this post FYI

I do not, but your diligence in checking has ensured the ego boost was received any way.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21995 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:31:11 »

Like I said...you'll always get abject BS on here and here's a prime example.

In 40+ games I never saw anyone who can't kick the ball straight, not sure if any are plumbers...they are all skilled players but at Tier 9 in the League structure, so of a similar standard.  They'll never make Tier 3 at Town but to dismiss it as 'crap' is just fucking petulant

Where's your evidence that owners/Chairmen at Tier 9 are in it for the money?  Presumably your 80% bollocks quotient?  With only 4 clubs averaging over 100 per game in the WL, I can't see a lot of it sloshing around.  Our Chairman certainly hasn't flogged the catering rights - and the food is better than the CG!

It's not petulant at all, as I said I watched Cirencester Town on a semi regular basis. I've also stopped by Supermarine a couple of times. The 'can't kick a ball straight' is an exaggeration I'll give you that, but it's not a great standard of football compared to League One. At all. The only reason I ever enjoyed it is because there's no emotional investment for me in these teams so I can relax, watching Swindon is a lot more tense as I actually care what happens.

Every football club is a business, every one with any hint of ambition is anyway. They'd sell their players if they were worth anything (which they do when they get the odd gem). If they weren't in it for the money they wouldn't charge anything to get in. I don't really know if they do at Hellenic league or not to be perfectly honest, but they still need the dollar hence the need to hold events.

Oh and BTW, throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't like the chairman and watching another team IS, in fact, petulance. Now seeing as this is a forum for Swindon Town fans, why don't you go head over to the Dog & Duck FC forum and maybe you can discuss the prizes for this summers Tombola. If you genuinely supported your local side, then fair enough, but you are quite clearly doing it as some sort of naff protest.

PS - Power didn't sell the catering.
kaufman

« Reply #21996 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:37:51 »

Transfer Rumours
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21997 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:41:05 »

We have some?
lambourn red

« Reply #21998 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:10:37 »

Totally agree as vice Chairman I watch Lambourn in North Berks Div 1 when Town are away but would never not watch Swindon because the Chairman has not spent enough money this one statement sums up everything that is wrong with professional football in England now.
When you see teams spending a £100 million on 1 player you just have to hold your head in despair. Surely people have seen enough in the Euros with Iceland and Leicester in the Prem last year that throwing money at football is not always the answer for success , team work and togetherness(that includes the fans) is as powerful as money.
Like you say when we start doing well they will all be back .
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #21999 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:11:42 »

Oh and BTW, throwing your toys out of the pram because you don't like the chairman and watching another team IS, in fact, petulance. Now seeing as this is a forum for Swindon Town fans, why don't you go head over to the Dog & Duck FC forum and maybe you can discuss the prizes for this summers Tombola. If you genuinely supported your local side, then fair enough, but you are quite clearly doing it as some sort of naff protest.

PS - Power didn't sell the catering.
Last word as this is going nowhere.  I supported the OP's position - not his reasons for stopping.  No toys being thrown here - I still support Town, I just choose not to watch them any more.  And, yes, I do support my local side.  I'm aiming to be a match ball sponsor and have a season ticket.  The only protest I ever did was to wear an orange cap once....long ago.  

I also said that my 5 mates stopped because of shennanigans (actual or perceived) at Board level - not me.  I never said Power sold the catering - I know perfectly well who did it.

And thanks very much I'll choose to comment on here when I see something worth commenting on. unless I get banned for enjoying football outside SN1.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22000 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:20:54 »

I still support Town, I just choose not to watch them any more.

Now, see this is where I have trouble.

Trust me, I get the feeling disillusioned, I did after Wembley (which is probably the single most angry I've ever been after a game) and I questioned why I kept doing this... But I'd never choose to stop watching. My watching has become more infrequent as I don't live in Swindon any more and I had to prioritise other things, but I'd never choose to not watch.. I don't get how you can be a supporter who watches other teams. The odd game yeah, but it sounds like you are supporting another club to me.

I hope STFC can find it's way back in to your life someday. As much as sometimes I wish I could shun the emotional connection I have to the club, it will never go away.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22001 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:24:07 »

I liked it when the Town used to have an A side that played in the Western League, Wlits Prem or Hellenic.  You could catch an A game up at the A ground, when the first team were away.

The Western was a pretty tough league...the likes of Peasedown Miner's Welfare and Paulton Rovers....big hairy fuckers who'd kick shit out of some of Bert's Babes.

The Hellenic much easier, nancy boy types like Headington Reserves.  Pressed Steel were always a bit confusing, because naturally you'd think Stratton when in fact it was the Cowley mob.

I've got a number of programmes from the Hellenic, had to stop collecting though as takes up too much space.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #22002 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:24:31 »

Can I just add my penny worth?  I was born 18 miles from Swindon, the first team I watched was a local village team - Crudwell!!!  When my parents considered me old enough we went and watched STFC and that's where my loyalties have laid for over 50 years!!  For 14 years I was employed in Suffolk but still came back to watch "my" team a few times per season , complete with my son!!  When we returned to Wiltshire I got a season ticket straight away, now there are three of us with ST's!  Yes, i am a bit disappointed with selling decent players and not seeming to have read-made replacements but will that force me to go and watch non-league teams or catch the train to London to watch premier league jamboree teams, no it will not!  Swindon will always be my team and I shall continue to support them as long as I am able, wouldn't even consider being a "deserter" to the cause!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22003 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:33:00 »

Can I just add my penny worth?  I was born 18 miles from Swindon, the first team I watched was a local village team - Crudwell!!!  When my parents considered me old enough we went and watched STFC and that's where my loyalties have laid for over 50 years!!  For 14 years I was employed in Suffolk but still came back to watch "my" team a few times per season , complete with my son!!  When we returned to Wiltshire I got a season ticket straight away, now there are three of us with ST's!  Yes, i am a bit disappointed with selling decent players and not seeming to have read-made replacements but will that force me to go and watch non-league teams or catch the train to London to watch premier league jamboree teams, no it will not!  Swindon will always be my team and I shall continue to support them as long as I am able, wouldn't even consider being a "deserter" to the cause!!

Well said Ronnie..... Pint to that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22004 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 10:36:17 »

Now, see this is where I have trouble.

Trust me, I get the feeling disillusioned, I did after Wembley (which is probably the single most angry I've ever been after a game) and I questioned why I kept doing this... But I'd never choose to stop watching. My watching has become more infrequent as I don't live in Swindon any more and I had to prioritise other things, but I'd never choose to not watch.. I don't get how you can be a supporter who watches other teams. The odd game yeah, but it sounds like you are supporting another club to me.

I hope STFC can find it's way back in to your life someday. As much as sometimes I wish I could shun the emotional connection I have to the club, it will never go away.
Spot on.

I think the vast majority of Town fans were so utterly angry and disillusioned after the PNE game at Wembley that we did question why we still do it to ourselves.

Everyone has low points in following Swindon, we all go away for a while, lose interest, still keep an eye on results but not care as much as we did....sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't.

But these are the perils of supporting a lower league team, it just makes it worse when we have flirted with the higher leagues and many fans want more of that and they see with an owner without "perceived" ambition of promotion.

I am sure Power has an ambition of promotion as all us fans do, and lets face it we have been close, but not close enough for optimism it would seem.

A few new signings and who know....I am sure LP has these players already in his sights, after all for those who hate Power (and there are a lot it would seem) he is hardly going to jeapourdise our league position with not making us strong enough to avoid relegation as a team in L2 would be less of an asset than a team in L1.....they must also realise that a team in the Championship is much more of an asset than a team in L1.

So Power of course wants us up there challenging, why the fuck wouldn't he? he is not here to run the club into the ground he just has a different way about how he does things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: