Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228724 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4365 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 16:05:45 »

Surely a petition would have been the sensible thing to do.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4366 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 17:46:02 »

And another thing that is out of order about these protests is why are they attacking our Police for the actions of the US police?  It is obvious why the anger and mistrust against the US Police and the US government is there but why has that transferred to our protests.  As much as I don't agree with the method of protest being used I can understand the want of people to get involved, but I certainly don't get why the angst against the police has come with it.  These types of things seriously dilute the message that they are trying to get across.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4367 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 17:50:58 »

And another thing that is out of order about these protests is why are they attacking our Police for the actions of the US police?  It is obvious why the anger and mistrust against the US Police and the US government is there but why has that transferred to our protests.  As much as I don't agree with the method of protest being used I can understand the want of people to get involved, but I certainly don't get why the angst against the police has come with it.  These types of things seriously dilute the message that they are trying to get across.
I also don’t get the constant baiting of police, this one is unbelievable

https://twitter.com/avonandsomerrob/status/1268950421961351170?s=21
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4368 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:03:40 »

It's the anti establishment element who have latched onto this that are the problem.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4369 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:12:52 »

I also don’t get the constant baiting of police, this one is unbelievable

https://twitter.com/avonandsomerrob/status/1268950421961351170?s=21

I get why some people just don’t understand why they shouldn’t say “all lives matter” during a protest against the murder of black people by the Police. But not understanding it, is part of why we are where we are.

* DDF419ED-D30D-4009-974C-54369141430D.jpeg (192.45 KB, 850x840 - viewed 159 times.)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4370 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:18:51 »

I asked 4D this question the other day but he didn’t reply -> have any of you ever experienced being policed differently when at or travelling to a football match? Not because your behaviour was different but just because you were identified by the Police as a football fan?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4371 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:24:19 »

I asked 4D this question the other day but he didn’t reply -> have any of you ever experienced being policed differently when at or travelling to a football match? Not because your behaviour was different but just because you were identified by the Police as a football fan?

I can answer for myself, yes. Without question.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4372 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:28:52 »

What is "being policed differently"? I've never been battoned or had a police dog set on me before. I got caught up in a Chelsea v Cardiff scrap before, I stood against a wall and avoided the scrap and police horses. A copper grabbed me by the arm on the way through the cordon as to him I could have been involved. He was reasonable and I went on my way.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4373 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:33:00 »

What is "being policed differently"? I've never been battoned or had a police dog set on me before. I got caught up in a Chelsea v Cardiff scrap before, I stood against a wall and avoided the scrap and police horses. A copper grabbed me by the arm on the way through the cordon as to him I could have been involved. He was reasonable and I went on my way.

I’m not really talking about during a public order incident. I mean, minding your own business, in the pub beforehand, walking to the ground, queuing up, in the ground and the reverse. Have the Police ever treated you differently just because you were in the context of being a football fan rather than, say, walking through Town doing some shopping?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4374 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:48:19 »

Surely the point is that it's not the risk to their own health that is the problem, if that was the only thing to worry about then have at it, protest yourselves blind and if you get ill it's on you.  The problem here is the other people you infect that have been following the guidelines and might end up getting the infection and then risk their loved ones..
Have to say, much though I agree with the cause, completely agree with this. This is why we decided not to go to the protest in Swindon today.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4375 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 18:52:36 »

I’m not really talking about during a public order incident. I mean, minding your own business, in the pub beforehand, walking to the ground, queuing up, in the ground and the reverse. Have the Police ever treated you differently just because you were in the context of being a football fan rather than, say, walking through Town doing some shopping?

Yep, Notts Forest away on 2008/09 season. Marched to a bar, had to give name whilst being filmed on camcorder, then marched to the ground. We only followed the other Swindon fans walking from the train station
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4376 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 19:01:46 »

Fair few times. The stand out was being marched to reading west station to get a train to Swindon. I only wanted to get the 102 bus from Reading to Newbury. Ended up in swindon with no ticket and no money to get back.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4377 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 19:18:17 »

Not really
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4378 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 19:28:29 »

If you attended in the 70s and 80s we were almost treated like terrorists. Got batoned at Mansfield, purposely clobbered by a police horse at Elm Park, arrested at Walsall for trying to talk to a Walsall fan through the segregation fence, prevented from leaving The Pride of Paddington. Been searched, frogmarched and generally manhandled. Probably more that I’ve forgotten.

Good job I was pissed most of the time!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4379 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 19:42:16 »

Not really

Well, that’s good I guess.

I’ve got various examples. The most obvious was the play off semi final away to Brentford. Outside the pub, before the game, lively but friendly atmosphere. Les Ferdinand and Tim Sherwood we’re there. Boisterous but good natured. It was about 30 mins before kick off and we weren’t sure where the away end was so I walked up to a group of coppers. Without saying a word, one of them chopped me to the neck and told me to get back, which I did quickly.

I was pretty shocked and pissed off. About 10 minutes later I saw two young women approach the same Policeman and he was talking to them friendly enough. I walked back over and politely asked why he had done what he’d done when I was just asking for directions. He said that they had arrested a Swindon fan a few minutes earlier and so any fan approaching was classed as high risk. Ended up having a decent chat and I tried to explain by treating people so aggressively, you just fuel aggressive behaviour back.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: