Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Matchday Thread & chitchat  (Read 17393 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 22:05:29 »

thanks for posting the Angus stuff nmh
No problem

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 23:08:42 »

Any idea why Morris didnt do the post match interview?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 23:11:34 »

…wanted to catch the end of the ‘winning mentality’ Chelsea game…
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 01:09:22 »

loved the match - Bradford were good but we were better
thanks to Jonny Williams for getting my 66/1 "scores with a header" bet in
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 03:41:30 »

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 05:23:50 »

…wanted to catch the end of the ‘winning mentality’ Chelsea game…
Coincidentally I ended up watching the second half of the Chelsea game last night and could see how Morris is possibly using them as a template to how he approaches things here.

They piddle about doing pretty stuff in non threatening places but don't create chances or look like scoring, all very familiar.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 05:26:04 »

Soooooo, according to the highlights is was three attempts all with us getting the winner from one of them.

Not even this morning if I’m more delighted with the win or the performance. 🤔 both very pleasing.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 05:40:05 »

Followed by “not to the detriment of the style of football” which I thought was interesting. Kind of shows they care more about passing it around the back than winning  Suicide

I see it as keeping possession. The old saying kick it into row X and they won’t score was superseded by keeping the ball in their half and they won’t score. Now it is keep possession and find a way to break them down.

We are trying to play the modern way of possession football, may not look good because of the standard of our players. Not having a dig at anyone but still can’t help thinking particularly the younger fans expectations at our level are skewed by so much top flight football.

Going back to 70’s and 80’s at this level the football was dire, the pitches shocking. That’s all changed now. Some of you lot don’t know how lucky you are to see the football we see today. Even though it’s not always pretty.

Anyway best game in ages, let’s hope they can keep it up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 06:00:01 »

When our defenders head the ball away it invariably lands in space nowhere near our midfielders. The opposition pick it up and they’re on the attack. You can understand the possession obsession when you don’t have a striker - or 2 - that can head a long clearance on or hold it up. Morris must fix the huge spaces that appear in midfield between - there’s little to no cover for the defence.

I don’t know what he would compromise on to achieve that - or is it as simple as a change in midfield personnel?

We can’t keep on relying on riding our luck.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 06:36:52 »

Having a quick snifter with Mark Hughes before their bus left I imagine. He's said in a few interviews that they were pals from his early Chelsea days.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 06:39:30 »

When our defenders head the ball away it invariably lands in space nowhere near our midfielders. The opposition pick it up and they’re on the attack. You can understand the possession obsession when you don’t have a striker - or 2 - that can head a long clearance on or hold it up. Morris must fix the huge spaces that appear in midfield between - there’s little to no cover for the defence.

I don’t know what he would compromise on to achieve that - or is it as simple as a change in midfield personnel?

We can’t keep on relying on riding our luck.

This looked much better in the second half and when Cain came on. I think the main problem is we don't have a Jonathan Douglas/Anthony Grant type. Everyone does their best work higher up and that is where they stay.

On defensive headers, we've had quite a long era where players don't head it out to the touchline which I've found baffling. Brewitt and Clayton were so much better last night.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:37:13 »

Very pleasing performance 2nd half. Don’t think first half was great but we grew into the game - confidence? That was the high pressing football we were promised, so satisfying to see us pressing late on instead of holding on and sitting deep (use your strengths!). The players are looking fitter and didn’t see players not playing for the manager. Hopefully more to come to build a platform for next season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:55:45 »

This looked much better in the second half and when Cain came on. I think the main problem is we don't have a Jonathan Douglas/Anthony Grant type. Everyone does their best work higher up and that is where they stay.

On defensive headers, we've had quite a long era where players don't head it out to the touchline which I've found baffling. Brewitt and Clayton were so much better last night.

The debate over the quality of the squad/players/team and whose at fault Sandro/Lindsey has been done to death now but unlike a lot on here I don’t think this squad needs to completely nuked and built up from scratch.

As you said a Douglas/Grant type in midfield. A Baudry/MacDonald type in defence and a Wayne Allison type (don’t think they make those anymore) up front and that would improve our team massively even if you kept everyone else the same.

Obviously gonna need a new keeper in the summer as Brynn isn’t ours.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:57:07 »

The debate over the quality of the squad/players/team and whose at fault Sandro/Lindsey has been done to death now but unlike a lot on here I don’t think this squad needs to completely nuked and built up from scratch.

As you said a Douglas/Grant type in midfield. A Baudry/MacDonald type in defence and a Wayne Allison type (don’t think they make those anymore) up front and that would improve our team massively even if you kept everyone else the same.

Obviously gonna need a new keeper in the summer as Brynn isn’t ours.

Broadly agree with that. A new spine but we have the 'limbs'!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 07:58:00 »

Get in!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: