Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Matchday Thread & chitchat  (Read 16979 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:20:39 »

Tom Broadbent. CB to CF!

Nathan Byrne went from full back to winger.
I didnt include any position that was fullback to winger, or RB/LB to CB as its a fairly easy progression to move the role a little, I went only for defence to midfield, midfield to attack etc Byrne was more like fullback to attacking wingback.

And I only included players who made the swap for more than 1 or 2 games/sub, they had to have half a season+ in the new position.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:21:59 »

Jacob Wakeling STR - LB  Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:29:14 »

Hutton tweets ‘3 points but happy to have 10 assists for the season while been on the 🏖️👍🏾’

Dig there?!?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:29:46 »

I didnt include any position that was fullback to winger, or RB/LB to CB as its a fairly easy progression to move the role a little, I went only for defence to midfield, midfield to attack etc Byrne was more like fullback to attacking wingback.

And I only included players who made the swap for more than 1 or 2 games/sub, they had to have half a season+ in the new position.

Broadbent was a joke. I wasn't looking to add to your scientific analysis!
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:32:04 »

This got me thinking about players who successfully moved position during their time ith Swindon, these are the ones I remember off the top of my head since I have been watching us.

Ross MacLaren from CB to DMC
Kenny Stroud from CB to MF
Alan MacCormack from MF to CB
Andy Rowland from CF to CB
Jimmy Quinn from CB to CF
Charlie Henry from RB to AMC/CF
Brian Williams LB to CM
Adi Viveash CF to CB
Kevin Horlock LB to CM
Lee Peacock CF to CM
Michael Timlin MF to LB
Christian Roberts CF to MF
Mildenhall I think played for the youth team as a CF before moving to GK as well.
Grant Smith from LB to AMF. Although it appears it was just Kingy tactical genius playing him at LB because wiki has him as midfielder.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 13:37:00 »

Hutton tweets ‘3 points but happy to have 10 assists for the season while been on the 🏖️👍🏾’

Dig there?!?

Well a lot of fans have been saying he has been on the beach since Jan, so the dig is probably justified tbf.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 14:43:29 »

Why do people believe any comments on social media reflect reality though?  Players would do well to stay off it, fans would do well not to assume three or four people ranting and foaming is reflective of an entire base etc.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:26:30 »

Why do people believe any comments on social media reflect reality though?  Players would do well to stay off it, fans would do well not to assume three or four people ranting and foaming is reflective of an entire base etc.

Can apply that to players and club officials or associates of the club too.

Hutton could easily be a professional and say nothing though; he has the power to say zilch. Surely if he is such a big time player then he will do his talking on the pitch.

It's pretty clear he won't be here next season, it hardly shouts building a relationship or healthy connection with the fans. He's just coming across as a bit of a cock - won't be the first or last unfortunately.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:52:39 »

Never knew this

RB: Remeao Hutton – 6

The Hutton and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy partnership on the right is becoming rather dangerous with how they create space for each other, as shown by the freedom Hutton had to deliver the cross for the winning goal. Ten assists for the season makes him the highest assisting defender in English professional football, it would be fair to say he has had a good season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 16:56:45 »

Never knew this

The Hutton and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy partnership on the right is becoming rather dangerous with how they create space for each other, as shown by the freedom Hutton had to deliver the cross for the winning goal. Ten assists for the season makes him the highest assisting defender in English professional football, it would be fair to say he has had a good season.

No wonder he's wanted by Peterborough. Traditionally poor at the back but red hot going forward. He'd probably suit the way they play pretty well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 17:03:15 »

Never knew this

Nice data.
DMC

« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 17:21:08 »

Can apply that to players and club officials or associates of the club too.

Hutton could easily be a professional and say nothing though; he has the power to say zilch. Surely if he is such a big time player then he will do his talking on the pitch.

It's pretty clear he won't be here next season, it hardly shouts building a relationship or healthy connection with the fans. He's just coming across as a bit of a cock - won't be the first or last unfortunately.
Spot on mate just not helping himself.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 07:11:53 »

What the fuck is this

https://twitter.com/lowerleaguelook/status/1648769542624104460?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 08:38:32 »

Parody account taking the piss

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 14:38:08 »

I had to disagree with one of Morris 's statements in the Adver "and I thought we performed well. But I think we've played better than that before and got nothing."  

We haven't played better than that since he joined us, imo.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: