Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Matchday Thread & chitchat  (Read 17667 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:06:56 »

Tbf I didn't even say anything as such. I've only said Hutton is replaceable and not as good as this poor season is making him look. Him getting assist tonight fair enough but he's still a troublemaker imo.

Fair play DV, your attempt at being clever was about as good as Hutton. Too busy stroking his ego, you may as well give him a reach around whilst you're at it Soapy Tit Wank

Thought all the WUM's lived on BBCSport comments but here you are. No doubt you'll find a way to blame Morris for this win 

#LeagueTwoTrentMyArse

I said what I said.
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:09:20 »

There’s some neat symmetry in our result promoting Orient after we put them out of the league.

They are celebrating on Gillingham's pitch, which we also did after losing a game their in 2012.  

Mark Cooper has taken Yeovil down to national league south, ten years ago they were getting promoted to the Championship.  Suicide Football is a funny old game. Hmmm
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:13:06 »

They are celebrating on Gillingham's pitch, which we also did after losing a game their in 2012.  

Mark Cooper has taken Yeovil down to national league south, ten years ago they were getting promoted to the Championship.  Suicide Football is a funny old game. Hmmm

No are you sure? Can't be Cooper, it was never his fault always the fans. You must be mistaken
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:14:40 »

A win! RHM a menace the entire game, the him down ASAP. Thought rest of team all went up a level from first half performances. Williams way too good for this level - the slander towards him is unfair. 10 goals now. Imo Austin didn’t look arsed when he come on…? Brewitt much better second half

Showed some fight and decent play today. Meaningless end of day but it’s an end to the rot. A win is a win and we beat a good side today.

Crowd is a sign of things to come unfortunately unless there’s serious changes from above.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:16:19 »

Brand:
- Relief to break the sequence. Difficult run
- Pleased for the lads and the effort they have been putting in
- Feel that we have been hard done by in the number of points we have got
- To get 3 points is a great feeling against a very good Bradford team
- It was a strong performance
- Two clean sheets in a row. Done in 2 different ways. Nullified them on Saturday. Tonight there was togetherness and willingness to put bodies on the line
- Morris told them at 1/2 time that we have to fix it up a bit and make better decisions
- Lads found a way
- Good attitude and approach by the players
- Energy levels: Williams get kicked and booted more than eanyone. He gets up and gets on with it. Shows togetherness of the group
- Get in those areas and you may get on the score sheet
- Hutton: 10 assists from a fullback is good. He is getting better at defending. Consistent quality and output attacking is good
- Brand having to adapt?: Ready for a new challenge to go into first team world. Its been a challenge and he's learning every day. Love being on the pitch and spending time with the players
- Young group who are learning.
- At Chelsea there is a winning mentality. So he had pressure at youth level to win
- Seeing signs that we are beginning to get what we deserve. Every game means something

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:18:39 »

"At Chelsea there is a winning mentality"
Well timed comment that!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:22:06 »

A win! RHM a menace the entire game, the him down ASAP. Thought rest of team all went up a level from first half performances. Williams way too good for this level - the slander towards him is unfair. 10 goals now. Imo Austin didn’t look arsed when he come on…? Brewitt much better second half

Showed some fight and decent play today. Meaningless end of day but it’s an end to the rot. A win is a win and we beat a good side today.

Crowd is a sign of things to come unfortunately unless there’s serious changes from above.

Definitely has a slightly feeling of the tide turning.
Next game will be to key to see if we continue in this vain.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:22:57 »

"At Chelsea there is a winning mentality"
Well timed comment that!
Followed by “not to the detriment of the style of football” which I thought was interesting. Kind of shows they care more about passing it around the back than winning  Suicide
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:24:22 »

Also worth noting I had Bradford on my accumulator so they were never going to win.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:25:09 »

just going to enjoy the win and not over think it

we matched them and started to push on in the second half. Took our chance when it came.

brilliant
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:25:58 »

Angus pre match:
- Competitive budget this year
- League position doesnt lie
- Recruitment has to be better
- Something we are looking to address
- Want to go for promotion
- Need balance of youth and experience
- We will be in top 7 of budgets
- We have done worse this year on a bigger budget than the year before
- No doubt we will have a competitive budget
- We need leadership in a strong spine of the team
- Budget from Clem managed through Angus
- Head coach needs to be happy with the players being brought in. Stats has its place.
- Looking to get to 5k season tickets
- Debts down. Got the stadium. Stick with us, we can invest more and hopefully get out of this league
- Building the right foundations
- Budget will be up there. But has to be sustainable. We can't let a Bury happen here

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:40:01 »

Also worth noting I had Bradford on my accumulator so they were never going to win.

Great work. Always the best way to ensure your own team win - bet against them  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:47:49 »

Pleasantly surprised at that tonight. Not going to read into it much more than a much needed, enjoyable win at this stage.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:49:59 »

Great work. Always the best way to ensure your own team win - bet against them  Wink

I will do it for every remaining game.
You’re welcome Jody!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 21:51:20 »

thanks for posting the Angus stuff nmh
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: