Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39703 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:00:12 »

Because it fits in with my notion that Sherwood is here on a consultancy basis to help Williams get it right. Just speculating of course.

Oh, I see.

I can see Power using him as a figure to take the heat off. But I can't see TS putting himself forward to take the fall for it all if it doesn't turn around.

I do find the sitting in stands/non-contract/not taking press-conferences a little odd though. Who knows.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:18:45 »

This "bigging up" of Eastleigh (bigger budget,more experience,stronger,fitter etc) by Williams is beginning to grate.They are NINTH in their league,so they are not that fucking good.We have fucking internationals in our team!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:20:36 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:27:26 »

This "bigging up" of Eastleigh (bigger budget,more experience,stronger,fitter etc) by Williams is beginning to grate.They are NINTH in their league,so they are not that fucking good.We have fucking internationals in our team!
I agree but they have Reda Johnson who is an Benin international and Mandron is a Scots U20 international too Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:37:02 »

Oh, I see.

I can see Power using him as a figure to take the heat off. But I can't see TS putting himself forward to take the fall for it all if it doesn't turn around.

I do find the sitting in stands/non-contract/not taking press-conferences a little odd though. Who knows.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this, it has a feel that Sherwood is here to act as a mentor to Williams and then when one of the big clubs offers Tim a chance Williams will again resume the reins, I'm sure we will see in coming weeks but it would be good to hear Tim fessing up to the press to explain performances etc as he is now supposed to be in charge of everything.

I'm also fed up of hearing how good a coach Williams is - if this is the case why has none of the bigger clubs snapped him up by now to join their coaching team  - what proof do we have ?

It was said before he came here he went to Spurs (under sherwood) and spent 2 weeks there thinking it was a trial to join their coaching staff but ended up being sent here.

The only positive is that it seems Power has ripped up his philosophy of signing kids and they are to sign a couple of older heads come January and have talked about not signing players to see them sold as soon as we can get a fee but building a team to compete.

Power must realize if we are to get out of trouble money has to be spent in January - and it needs to be done as soon as that window opens.
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:50:22 »

'Mentor'

That fits better.

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 13:55:37 »

Players chasing shadows for the goals. They look a yard off the pace to me. And yet again the keeper is all over the place.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 14:20:22 »

Of all the results of late, it seems to me; if a team come and play football, we can equal or better them and have a good chance, especially if they sit back and don't press us high, however if we are up against a physically strong side who play longer and who press us, we are in trouble.   We panic, start playing it longer from defence and constantly give the ball away, just cant compete.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:03:10 »

Of all the results of late, it seems to me; if a team come and play football, we can equal or better them and have a good chance, especially if they sit back and don't press us high, however if we are up against a physically strong side who play longer and who press us, we are in trouble.   We panic, start playing it longer from defence and constantly give the ball away, just cant compete.
yes and that is down to the coach i think

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:13:06 »

Power must realize if we are to get out of trouble money has to be spent in January - and it needs to be done as soon as that window opens.

We've a raft of horrible looking fixtures coming before January, although sometimes teams in form can hit a bad patch, or lose key players....they mostly look to be the sort of big direct sides we struggle with.

So its 5 away and 2 at home. On the road Rochdale, Sarfend (midweek), Sheff U, Milllwall, Franchise. At the CG, Bradford City and Fleetwood.  Difficult to make a case for too many points from that lot  Sad
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:17:20 »

yes and that is down to the coach i think

It's a good thing we've got one of the "best young coaches in the country", then.  It doesn't bear thinking about just how badly the lads would be performing if we only had a 'run-of the-mill' one!   Sad
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:23:13 by Private Fraser » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:28:22 »

We've a raft of horrible looking fixtures coming before January, although sometimes teams in form can hit a bad patch, or lose key players....they mostly look to be the sort of big direct sides we struggle with.

So its 5 away and 2 at home. On the road Rochdale, Sarfend (midweek), Sheff U, Milllwall, Franchise. At the CG, Bradford City and Fleetwood.  Difficult to make a case for too many points from that lot  Sad
Rochdale have hit a bad patch. Southend inconsistent like us, We have the hoodoo on the blades, Millwall Hmm never get nowt there. Dongers have lost all but one at home, Bradford are good though and fleetwood inconsistent as well. 10/11 points from that lot i reckon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 15:39:35 »

Rochdale have hit a bad patch. Southend inconsistent like us, We have the hoodoo on the blades, Millwall Hmm never get nowt there. Dongers have lost all but one at home, Bradford are good though and fleetwood inconsistent as well. 10/11 points from that lot i reckon.

A good try.  Dale are decent at home. Sarfend have been quietly improving....one league defeat in 8, at Dale. I don't like the thought of Ranger and Cox, at all.  Franchise, on current form, definitely a chance, Bradford are much like Bolton, big strong defensive, Fleetwood maybe a chance.

10/11 points, would probably mean we'll stay up this season, I'd think 5 or 6 more realistic.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 16:31:29 »

As Swindon's own Dave Squires once put it...

Ha ha  Smiley

Fair point

I've calmed down a bit now
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 16:59:16 »

i don't think it's down to the coaches or the quality of the players, it's a confidnce thing.

Rochdale, Oldham and Charlton, we started slow but got the first goal and got better as the game went on....... We scored and beat them comfortably...

Eastleigh, Northampton etc....... They score first and we go to shit, we give up and don't believe we can score / win...... now is it the players don't believe in the tactics, they don't think they are good enough to come from behind? who knows but there just seems to be a lack of grit and determination when it's needed...... I guess we don't have that leader on the pitch that can rip into players when their heads drop and carry them to get that goal that gives us the impetus....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 17:36:09 »

i don't think it's down to the coaches or the quality of the players, it's a confidnce thing.

I'm not sure what you've got on the pitch matters if the players have essentially lost belief in what is happening at the club.

This side in 10/11 could happily lose in the most supine of fashion to Yeovil at the CG, on their way to being considered the worst side in the oldest fan's lifetime.....
Phil SMITH   
Michael ROSE   
Lecsinel JEAN-FRANÇOIS      
Scott CUTHBERT   
Paul CADDIS   
Matt RITCHIE   
Jonathan DOUGLAS      
David PRUTTON   
Jon-Paul MCGOVERN   
Thomas DOSSEVI      
Charlie AUSTIN

Yet, probably only Vigs of our current side would get into it, you might make a case for Nathan somewhere, and a fit Obika would oust the Dosser, but would Norris or Delfenouso?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: