Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Eastleigh Matchday Thread  (Read 39458 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 21:58:08 »

*4-2

Things get better but they never get good
adje

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 22:05:09 »

And knowing gillingham im pretty sure edinburgh is heading for the exit

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 22:13:46 »

*4-3

Things get better but they never get good
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 22:17:13 »

Thanks for the good luck wishes, donkey and PV.

Predictably I'm in a much better mood now, but I still can't bring myself to watch the highlights and confirm just how unpenalty-ish the penalty was.

Still, now Sherwood knows more about what he's got on his hands the true revolution can begin. Right? Sofa

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
adje

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 22:27:50 »

Who was Sean Close paired with?
thankfully no one most of the time

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 09:14:34 »

thankfully no one most of the time

Best receiver of the ball at the club according to Chalky White at the time.

Finest hour (or more like 20 minutes) for Shaun Close was running around a lot after coming on as sub in the 9 man effort against Brentford in '93.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #231 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 10:02:32 »

Thanks for the good luck wishes, donkey and PV.

Predictably I'm in a much better mood now, but I still can't bring myself to watch the highlights and confirm just how unpenalty-ish the penalty was.

Still, now Sherwood knows more about what he's got on his hands the true revolution can begin. Right? Sofa
Glad to hear it Smiley

I too can't bring myself to watch the lowlights of the game yet either.

I am sure Timbo will know what needs work and how to do it, I have confidence in his leadership and Powers backing....mostly Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 10:37:37 »

Best receiver of the ball at the club according to Chalky White at the time.

Finest hour (or more like 20 minutes) for Shaun Close was running around a lot after coming on as sub in the 9 man effort against Brentford in '93.

I used to have a mate, who played a bit at Wilts League sort of level, and he used to try and convince me that Shaun Close was better than Steve White, in a who would you rather partner sort of way.

In most aspects of life, he seemed quite sane, although the stray dog collecting, was probably a sign.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 10:48:48 »

The first Jed/Power season we had 3 men on 8....Ajose, N'Guessan and Michael Smith.

Dany N'Guessan is currently a free agent after being released by Doncaster in October  He's 29.  His most prolific period by far (in terms of goals-to-games ratio with clubs he played 10 games or more with) was whilst with us.

#statto
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 10:59:26 »

Dany N'Guessan is currently a free agent after being released by Doncaster in October  He's 29.  His most prolific period by far (in terms of goals-to-games ratio with clubs he played 10 games or more with) was whilst with us.

#statto

I wonder what Lukas Magera is doing these days?  Cheesy   If he's free, he could bring Milan Misun with him to shore up the defence.......if he could find him, of course. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #235 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 11:01:19 »

I wonder what Lukas Magera is doing these days?  Cheesy   If he's free,
Hes at Mladá Boleslav and has scored 28 in 88 games. Not too shabby!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #236 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 11:30:38 »

I used to have a mate, who played a bit at Wilts League sort of level, and he used to try and convince me that Shaun Close was better than Steve White, in a who would you rather partner sort of way.

In most aspects of life, he seemed quite sane, although the stray dog collecting, was probably a sign.
That is blasthemous.
Back to the Easteligh game and in my 45 years of watching that is in the top 3 crap performances
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 12:17:21 »

That is blasthemous.
Back to the Easteligh game and in my 45 years of watching that is in the top 3 crap performances

That would be worth a thread of its' own, except it would be too depressing.  I go back even further than that and have managed to shut many of the worst ones from my memory.  In recent years, Eastleigh, Cheltenham (5-0) and Preston (Wembley) were 3 of the crappiest.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 12:41:37 by Private Fraser » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 12:33:53 »

Hmm, that's a good one, what are your top 3 crap games you've personally witnessed Town play in....

Trouble is, you tend to block out the crap ones. And also it's subjective. I've see worse Town performances where we've not had a shot. But that was in the league, this was against a mid table conference team.

These are the ones I remember being most angry with, top 2 are easy.

1. Cheltenham away (league) 2002, Lost 2-0.  SSP sent off. Gurney and Heywood exchanging a full and frank set of views with some fans. Terrible run of form. Chucked Swindon shirt in the bin at home and vowed never to go again. Retrieved said shirt following morning.

2. Stevenage (cup) 1998. At least Town had the excuse of a force 10 gale being a leveller I suppose. I remember Diggers goal kicks coming back at him.  Even so this was even more unexpected than Eastleigh. Wally even scored the opener after 5 minutes.

3. pOxford away (cup) 2002 - had high hopes and mega excited. We were shit and then I nearly got into a fight in the car park.

I'm sure I've forgotten even worse stinkers.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 12:39:36 »

That would be worth a thread of its' own, except it would be too depressing.  I go back even further than that and have managed to shut many of the worst ones from my memory.  In recent years, Ensleigh, Cheltenham (5-0) and Preston (Wembley) were 3 of the crappiest.
I managed to witness the 7-0 drubbing at Bolton where, as the score suggests, the performance was abject.

Perhaps some of our venting should be reined in a bit until, say, another 4 or 5 league games. Getting beat by a non-league team in the cup is hardly a new experience.

Good job we're away Saturday  - a home game so soon would be so toxic
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: