Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 92142 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11:32:38 »

Re. the game last night the real turning point was their own goal, without that bit of luck immediately after our third I think it may have been a little more comfortable.

Fully agree on that. If we could've kept it tight for ten minutes afterwards, it might have been an easier night.

Of course, the same could be said about conceding the second just before half time...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11:33:00 »

How good was their left back at crossing? Every ball he put in caused havoc (think he got 2 assists as well)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11:34:32 »

Highlights are on Sky right now, if we can get Kasim, Byrne, Luongo, Gladwin and Smith at their best on the day we have every chance.  Really hope Toffolo can get fit in Thompson's absence, the thought of Branco at Wembley is not one I like to entertain at all, Gladwin also has to stay central and remain a goal threat.

Re. the game last night the real turning point was their own goal, without that bit of luck immediately after our third I think it may have been a little more comfortable.

My Wembley line up would be:

Foderingham
Ricketts - Stephens - Turnbull
Kasim - Luongo
Byrne - Gladwin - Toffolo
Obika - Smith

Then the only sub I know I'd do is bring on Louis Thompson for Toffolo in the second half and push Gladwin out to that side.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11:35:01 »

Completely agree - it gave them hope where previously they hadn't come close. 3-0 at half time would have been a lot different to 3-2 (other than the score)
kerry red

« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 11:42:07 »

How good was their left back at crossing? Every ball he put in caused havoc (think he got 2 assists as well)
Made to look better as our CBs were obviously wearing diver's boots instead of football boots.

That's why I would go for Branco. Say what you like about his howlers, he is the best we've got at attacking and heading away crosses - which, no doubt, is what Preston will be looking to do at Wembley.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:08:51 »

Foderingham
Kasim - Luongo
Obika - Smith

Then the only sub I know I'd do is bring on Louis Thompson for Toffolo in the second half and push Gladwin out to that side.

It would be risky to bring Louis on as a sub, in case he broke down.  If either of the Thompson's have a chance of making the day, you need to start them and then re-organise if they break down.  You leave yourself little option if they are on the subs bench and then break down, will no subs left to replace them.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:13:16 »

Just watched the highlights on Sky.  It was no less ridiculous watching it again.

A few random points:

I said last night Luongo was shit.  I take that back, as he did alot more than I noticed at the time.  Still not as influential as he was though.

Never thought about it at the time, but Gladwin was on for a hat trick if he'd taken the penalty.  I assume the miss on Thursday was the reason he didn't take it?

Why did Nathan hobble the whole way round instead of a stretcher being used? Surely that could have caused further damage?

Louis Thompson was in the dugout with a clipboard.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:17:31 »

It would be nice to be able to bring Louis on for the final couple of minutes for a send off.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:23:29 »

It would be nice to be able to bring Louis on for the final couple of minutes for a send off.

The perfect send off would be promotion, as if Norwich get promoted to the Prem, I would think Louis would be sent out on loan to a Championship side, which could well be us...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Beans

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:23:44 »

There were some 'special' people in the Arkells that couldn't be bothered to sit in their allocated seat, but decided to try and stand and the back of the stand or sit in other peoples seats.

The stewards should've thrown a couple out and threatened the rest unless they sat in their seats.

Think the main issue was that those 'special' people's seats had already been taken by even more 'special' people.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:26:59 »

The perfect send off would be promotion, as if Norwich get promoted to the Prem, I would think Louis would be sent out on loan to a Championship side, which could well be us...

Obviously that's the dream, yeah.  Fingers crossed...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:29:25 »

Were some fans in the arkells kicked out during the game? Saw the stewards running over sharpish during the second half

Saw one thrown out, ball went out for a throw and he grabbed it.
Sheff Utd player shoved him to get it back and 2 stewards pounced.
Dragged him off to the gate next to TE
adje

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:32:56 »

Foderingham
Kasim - Luongo
Obika - Smith

not bad but don't think Hylton deserves to be left out

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 12:39:42 »

not bad but don't think Hylton deserves to be left out

Hylton really offers something different. Raw pace. None of our other strikers offer this and he gives us something else for defenders to think about. He was the only striker we have that would have been quick enough to latch onto the ball in the run up to the penalty. I like him a lot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 13:00:33 »

Wait and see if he's injured or not. He was holding/complaining about his collar bone after the penalty fall.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: