Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 92985 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 15:29:45 »

And we got a bigger crowd than League 1 winners and future Champions League participants, Bristol City (1982) Ltd managed all season.

I know, I know . . .

They should be competing with Borrusia Dortmund don't you know?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:01:53 »

I know it's been said, but fuck me the town end/CG was rocking last night. At 5-3 up I was just looking at the place thinking this is as good as it gets. Been going since the eighties and for five minutes until they scored, I can't remember anything better. Been walking round with a smile all day, and a little bit of faith restored .

Proper football atmospheres in the year 2015 aren't dead.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:03:46 »

Well, from the POV of a fan sat at a Cheetha sanctuary in South Africa, monitoring the emotional condition of his wife as she kept tabs on the progress of the game via BBC sport ticker on an iPhone via a very delicate wireless signal, last night was a bit frantic! Find the signal at 3-0 up then before we can get too comfortable it is 3-2? WTF is that all about? I then had to join her outside whilst she chewed her nails down to the knuckle waiting for updates. Every time the update spinner set itself into action, she nearly had a coronary (or kittends) waiting to see what else could happen.

WARNING- Supporting Swindon Town FC can seriously damage your health.

Get the fuck in and COYMR!

Oh, and bloody well done Jaybox- I could feel the atmosphere over 5000 miles away  Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:04:40 »

Thought the ref did ok last night, just been told that it was Keith Hill and apparently he is slightly disabled with only two fingers on one hand - only criticism I would have was how come we had to endure another 9 minutes after the 90!!!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:12:16 »

Hopefully we'll have some generous Town fans again next season to make it all possible. Just 100 streamers for a game would perk the place up if anything...

For the big ties next year I think we should aim to make something happen every time. Streamers or a new banner to roll out.

THIS BANNER IS ON LOAN

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
kerry red

« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:13:17 »

Hopefully we'll have some generous Town fans again next season to make it all possible. Just 100 streamers for a game would perk the place up if anything...

For the big ties next year I think we should aim to make something happen every time. Streamers or a new banner to roll out.

THIS BANNER IS ON LOAN

Just like half the team, then!
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:33:47 »

Ticka tape. One paper each. Done (just don't use a yellow pages)

I had some last night, but missed them coming out so didn't see if anyone else went old school. It went up after the first.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:51:32 »

Ticka tape. One paper each. Done (just don't use a yellow pages)

I had some last night, but missed them coming out so didn't see if anyone else went old school. It went up after the first.

Some people even brought in some air canister confetti cannons!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 16:59:01 »

Easy to make yer own streamers with a roll of crepe paper from a card/party shop.  I did it last night.  Excellent effort and motivation from JayBox!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 17:08:00 »

Flags are the way forward. Last more than a game and they're visible. Well done Jay. If their was a fan of the year prize, you and the trust boys could fight out a good 5-5 battle...
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 17:19:08 »

Last night's game was a good case for having the chorus of XTC's Senses Working Overtime as our 'goal' song:
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 17:32:16 »

Last night's game was a good case for having the chorus of XTC's Senses Working Overtime as our 'goal' song:

Glad all over x5 stretched my patience yesterday
Thank fuck isnt played for away teams goals too  Suicide
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 17:33:49 »

:I would like to add how well Obika took his goal, he had a lot to do with defenders closing him down ,the way he skipped between them to slot home was a joy to watch

ome on you reds
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 17:40:13 »

Hehe, just saw the Rickets post match interview. He didn't know what the score was on the night, thought it was 6-6!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 18:14:58 »

Echo the comments about the town end. It was loud in the queue to get in, then pretty incredible all game. The atmosphere after all the goals was brilliant in every stand. Just a shame we don't get it more often!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: