Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 91230 times)
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 18:57:21 »

I know it's been said, but fuck me the town end/CG was rocking last night. At 5-3 up I was just looking at the place thinking this is as good as it gets. Been going since the eighties and for five minutes until they scored, I can't remember anything better. Been walking round with a smile all day, and a little bit of faith restored .

Proper football atmospheres in the year 2015 aren't dead.

Couldn't agree more - the simple chanting of SWINDON!, everyone joining in, and people banging on the hoardings was manic! The only shame was it only lasted for FOUR minutes, and I'd forgotten about it six minutes later!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:09:26 »

Not sure how to copy a link when on an Ipad but we've just been referenced in the BBC's live feed of the Bayern Barca game. See 7 mins in if somebody is able to link!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
kerry red

« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:14:04 »

Anyone think the total absence of our famous short goal kick routine was responsible for our possession stat down to a feeble 45% - and maybe was the reason Blades were able to get up a head of steam which led to all those crosses and conceded goals.

Obviously didn't hamper us going forward, either.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:15:00 »

"It's just like watching Swindon!

Barcelona defend like Sheffield United, leaving Medhi Benatia completely free just eight yards out and he powers in a header which Marc-Andre ter Stegen can only get a hand to and push into the corner.

Exactly the start the tie needed. What a noise in Munich!"

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:21:38 »

Can't link as on phone, but a great video pre game on @willmckay1991 twitter feed if anyone can link it. Goosebumps

Such a good atmosphere, bloody brilliant
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:29:15 »

Haven't seen any vids from a crowd perspective from last night. If anybodies got any get them on here!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:40:44 »

I hate the fucking goal music with a fucking passion. Completely ruins any chance to go mental and jump about when we score.

Here's a bit of footage I took last night (I think it was 5-3? I honestly don't know):  http://vine.co/v/em0hhnEFKJ3

Bayern play like Swindon eh? Hopefully that'll be better than Barca come the end of the night. COME ON MUNCHEN!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 19:58:02 »

I missed my lads being there (SATs/too young), so I may have inadvertently hoisted a random child above my head at full time. He looked somewhat scared shitless/bewildered.

Sorry if it was your son (Row T DRS, 150s).

Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 20:08:39 »

Not sure how to copy a link when on an Ipad but we've just been referenced in the BBC's live feed of the Bayern Barca game. See 7 mins in if somebody is able to link!!

* 2015_05_12_21.05.24.png (38.96 KB, 480x480 - viewed 275 times.)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 21:20:29 »

Was yesterday real life?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 21:26:00 »

Mr Rose perhaps?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 21:45:26 »

Can't link as on phone, but a great video pre game on @willmckay1991 twitter feed if anyone can link it. Goosebumps

Such a good atmosphere, bloody brilliant

https://twitter.com/willmckay1991
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 21:58:59 »

Why didn't the players come back out after the game? Do you think Cooper was having a word about the defending maybe?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 22:01:12 »

Was yesterday real life?
It was like recalling a dream where what you recall is still vivid but is completely incoherent, and you have to prepare to adjust to reality

...yeh, town were Barca and cruising to victory in a maginificent amphitheatre of adoring fans and we kept scoring and scoring on a loop but there was this weird crappy music from the 60's played over a scratchy tannoy which made me feel strangely dissatisfied... oh no I've got that wrong we weren't Barcelona we were about to enter history as the biggest play off bottlers ever and whole cities were laughing at us for throwing away the biggest lead in play off history, vile, yellow, stenchy cities all laughing,  oh no it wasn't the tribunes of the nou camp it was a supercharged town end terrace except there were streamers, and we qualified for Wembley even though no one knew the score and it had to be an overnight count as the game was replayed on video, it was 5-5 or something but there was no recount even though Clough demanded one and we qualified for Wembley I think....oh wake up for Chrissake, ah that's more like it, I'm wet and cold and we seem to have gone down to Crawley at home..."geddit forward" I yell in forlorn anxiety as a couple of snide town fans turn round and raise their eyebrows
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 22:01:24 »

Why didn't the players come back out after the game? Do you think Cooper was having a word about the defending maybe?

They did, but into the directors box, probably on police advice.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: