Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226103 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:38:21 »

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy announces pay of all 550 non-playing directors and employees cut by 20% and "where appropriate" furloughing.
Also today, emerges Levy's pay package in 2019 went from £3m to £7m, inc £3m stadium completion bonus
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1876 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:44:37 »

If it's not an airborne virus, I don't see how the 2m thing helps particularly to be honest. I think it's more of a psychological thing to make us have less contact of all sorts. Obviously no shaking hands, hugging, and you don't want to be near someone if they cough/sneeze.

I'm sure I could have furloughed but I'm still working, disinfecting handles/bannisters etc. I'd rather be doing something and I suppose it's helping if only in a small way. I wear gloves but no mask, partly because I want people(particularly kids) to feel normal when they see me. I just make sure I stand out of their way and smile.

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:45:05 »

We are receiving traffic volumes well above what we get at Christmas with a massively high percentage of sick.

Does Karen really need her nail polish? Does Adam really need his gym shark clothes?
We have also seen no holt to the foreign parcels we receive. We are still getting our usual quota from China and have been since the start.

Crazy times.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:48:09 »

If it's not an airborne virus, I don't see how the 2m thing helps particularly to be honest.
You spit when you talk, everyone does
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1879 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:52:50 »

Makes sense now, cheers.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 10:58:18 »

Looks like May 10th is the date here when restrictions will start to be lifted - depending, of course, on how things go from now on.

First to be lifted will be the restrictions on movement of people, followed by bars, restaurants etc reopening and, finally, the lifting of restrictions of flights into and out of Greece.

No idea on the time between each restriction being lifted. I read somewhere Greece will run out of money in June so they may have no alternative than to lift restrictions. This economic reality will be, I think, the ultimate reason countries relax their restrictions - virus free or not.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:00:23 »

Why oh why aren't we being encouraged to do this...

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:17:53 »

I'm not really sure why we still have a karma system tbh, it only seems to cause trouble.

It's a genuinely difficult topic. I do think we probably still need some sort of delivery system to keep people sane, but it needs to be safe for those making the deliveries (and working in warehouses etc.) and needs to prioritise key items. Maybe those goals aren't all achievable, I don't know enough about the logistics industry to say.  
Hitting cunt and running is for cowards as far as I'm concerned and not in keeping with what a forum is about. Would be more interesting if the identity of those hitting the buttons were known. Then watch them hide 😂

On your second point, If safety guidelines were being followed then I'd agree. The problem is they are not. Distances are not being kept. Protective equipment at best is available but is not being used by many.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:18:19 »

Why oh why aren't we being encouraged to do this...
Presumably because we don't have enough masks for even frontline healthcare workers? But yes we could all wear scarfs etc. But then it's like the link I posted yesterday about the govt not following up on companies offering to produce/sell PPE kit, why aren't they doing that? Is it just incompetence or are they still trying to pursue herd immunity in some form by just doing lockdown really badly?
Flashheart

« Reply #1884 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:26:45 »

The thing is, too many people focus on masks not giving any protection against them getting it. (I know masks do offer protection).

Too many are too thick and/or too fucking selfish to understand it's important to prevent others from getting it. If more of those who were just selfish understood that preventing other people getting it also makes them safer then more might wear them.

Quite why some people remain astonishingly ignorant considering the severity and scale of this thing makes me so fucking sad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1885 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:29:00 »

Too many are too thick and/or too fucking selfish to understand it's important to prevent others from getting it.
This is all you needed to say TBH. That sums it up for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1886 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:42:08 »

Presumably because we don't have enough masks for even frontline healthcare workers? But yes we could all wear scarfs etc. But then it's like the link I posted yesterday about the govt not following up on companies offering to produce/sell PPE kit, why aren't they doing that? Is it just incompetence or are they still trying to pursue herd immunity in some form by just doing lockdown really badly?

That doesn't explain all the other countries' stances though does it, nor that of WHO as recently as yesterday. I'm not saying they're right, but it's not as simple as the tories have fucked things up so they can't advise us to wear masks.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:42:29 »

By stealth I call it. Front line NHS staff exposure, this 'lambs to the slaughter' policy should mean immunity (hopefully !) for the vast majority to face the anticipated 'second wave' next winter ? Apparently there is enough PPE, it's on the record, but there is a 'logistics' problem.

Probably the same reason why joe public is not being encouraged to do as the Czechs are doing.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:45:07 by Banker » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:49:20 »

The thing is, too many people focus on masks not giving any protection against them getting it. (I know masks do offer protection).

Too many are too thick and/or too fucking selfish to understand it's important to prevent others from getting it. If more of those who were just selfish understood that preventing other people getting it also makes them safer then more might wear them.

Quite why some people remain astonishingly ignorant considering the severity and scale of this thing makes me so fucking sad.

This is one of the best posts on this entire forum.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1889 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 11:53:02 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: