Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town-Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 26066 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:13:10 »

Each to there own but I think when darl Duffy is fit we will score more goal I think mid table for us.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:15:32 »

Still doesn't make it right. Well its the first time this has happened to me, and twice in a day. Maybe I need to get used to it and get on with it, if its all part and parcel of being an adult.

No it doesn't, but unfortunately you're likely to come across many more twats like this trying to be a jobsworth or exerting their powers.

They say things happen in threes, so with the result as well, hopefully that's your lot!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:24:08 »

Still doesn't make it right. Well its the first time this has happened to me, and twice in a day. Maybe I need to get used to it and get on with it, if its all part and parcel of being an adult.

No, pretty unpleasant I'm sure but unfortunately there are some twats around who treat young adults with little respect; I agree with your belief that if it had been someone 20 to 30 years older you're less likely to have been treated that way.  As others have advised, part of growing up is to learn to deal with these incidents without going into meltdown.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:26:17 by cheltred69 » Logged
nochee

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:52:04 »

Life in general isn't fair CF, you'll get used to it

You are not wrong there  No
Coca Fola

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 21:58:16 »

I would take a point at Dagenham. Team still needs to gel. Di Canio needs to work out his strongest team.

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 22:05:21 »

aint interested in reading player ratings etc so i'm skipping this before posting. Cheltenham seem to be our bogey team. I'll see where we are 10 games in before making any conclusions.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 22:13:09 »

aint interested in reading player ratings etc so i'm skipping this before posting. Cheltenham seem to be our bogey team. I'll see where we are 10 games in before making any conclusions.

Mid Oct before we show what we are all about....remember the record points season under Macari , i think we lost the first 6 or something!

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 22:30:31 »

Mid Oct before we show what we are all about....remember the record points season under Macari , i think we lost the first 6 or something!
It wasn't quite that bad but I remember going to Hereford and losing 4-1 and being quite close to the bottom. After that we went on one hell of a run. I remember one of their stewards getting right arsy when we sang "one woody allen" at him .
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 22:40:02 »

A little bit off topic (well totally really) but....Chalkie's Shorts....just listening to 'Prairie Wind'.....loving it (not that it's the first time I've heard it)....What do you reckon to it?
Prairie Wind is not bad at all - one of his better ones. There is a DVD Heart Of Gold directed  by Jonathan Demme that covers the CD quite well. Its one of his more mellow albums. I haven't listened to it for a while but will dig it out again now.
Neil Young is a bit like Monty Python - when its good its top drawer but when its bad its absolute shite. I like someone who is prepared to go against the flow and Neil Young is that man.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 22:54:58 »

Just got back from town, without a doubt the highlight of the day was the bloke I went up with having fisticuffs with the mascot. Classic.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 23:13:09 »

Just got back from town, without a doubt the highlight of the day was the bloke I went up with having fisticuffs with the mascot. Classic.

Absolutely hilarious when he knocked the head off if its the same bloke?  Legend! Clap
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 00:12:40 »

funny how when little old Cheltenham win we are always a poor side  Clap. I think you had two real chances one hit post and the other brown saved. Yates game plan worked not to play prity football but grind a result out. League two is a harder league than some think we have been back in this division two years now and it's not easy to get back out of.

You fantastic cretin.  

Stop sleeping with your sister and learn to read.  Enjoy Conference football you mong.

Coca Fola - I feel your pain.  I've got numerous stories from when I was 18/19 with treatment like that (there's probably a few stories on here) but then mostly it was deserved.  In fairness, you can't go into a pub and ask for their cheapest drink.  When you're talking pence, what does it matter?
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 00:16:18 by walrus » Logged
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 01:42:36 »

Anyone else a little concerned that we may get outmuscled too easily this season. Especially away from home. De Vita looks lightweight to me
Anyone else a little concerned that we may get outmuscled too easily this season. Especially away from home. De Vita looks lightweight to me
Hi Bart
flash

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 02:54:33 »

4 shillings and 1 pence
or even 7 shillings one half farthpence

seven shillings and twopence ha'penny to be precise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 06:49:53 »

Not because of the price. Because I was forcibly chucked out of a pub because of it.

Yeah that was harsh. I didn't get why you got arsey about 35/36p in the first place though.

And something you learn quickly is police treat football fans differently. They were out of order. Happens a lot.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 06:53:51 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: