Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson.....  (Read 12539 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:55:58 »

Wilson had to endure  wannabe manager fittons  continual meddling.also not forgetting loosing many key players and the dressing room cliques. Don't think he is lying and is not as bad as gets labled.
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:58:50 »

He had at least 300k to spend in January. That is fact.

That proves that he is lying. What league one club struggling for cash spends 300k on a single player.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 10:59:57 »

So fucking what? He got the chop in the end and it wasn't all bad.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:02:30 »

Swindon town were the 6th biggest spenders on agents fees that season.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/8f/8c/0,,10794~167055,00.pdf  

This is fact, yet Danny Wilson says the club was struggling for cash?  Hmmm

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:06:56 »

A manager will look at the money being received for transfers then compare to the funds he is allowed to spend. For that reason I don't think he's lying.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:10:38 »

He was allowed to spend at least 300k on Joe Mason in January Arriba. A lot of championship managers will be happy to have that to spend on a single player.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:27:27 »

Do you know he's lying? I remember Fitton being reluctant to pay agent's fees, not being prepared to offer 2-year extensions to a player over 30 and regretting too cheap release clauses in contracts. While Prutton and Douglas won't have come cheap, I'm not sure we were paying the transfer fees then that we have in the last 16 months.

Happy to be corrected if you have the figures to hand to justify this amount of bile.

You were saying? http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/8f/8c/0,,10794~167055,00.pdf

Can't find the rankings for transfers although according to the washbag we spent £740k that season. I doubt many other L1 teams could even come close to that.

supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:34:30 »

However you look at it, when Wilson was here the club sold around 4 million pounds worth of players, and only gave him a tiny percentage back to spend on new players, so he is correct to say that the club either wanted or needed to strip the playing assets for whatever reason, what Wilson said is just a matter of fact.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:55:00 »

You were saying? http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/8f/8c/0,,10794~167055,00.pdf

Can't find the rankings for transfers although according to the washbag we spent £740k that season. I doubt many other L1 teams could even come close to that.

Thx for taking the time to do the research which I couldn't be bothered to look up. This shows we paid the 7th highest amount in agents' fees in L1 in 10-11. You seem to be basing your case on this and the fact he also had £300k to spend on a player in January. Not sure that invalidates other people's points about the quality of players that he lost that season without the income being made available to him.

But mainly, I just get a bit pissed off by how vein-bulgingly angry you seem to get about this little football lark.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:55:11 »

Dont forget Wilson bought Ferry and Caddis for a combined total of £500k as well as an offer for Mason of £300k he bought Yinka Casal for £100k, Mark Marshall £50k, Scott Cuthbert £125k, Aden Flint £100k, Alan O'Brien £100k release fee, Charlie Austin £50k, Elliot Benyon £125k,  paid over the top wages for Douglas, Nalis, JPM, Rose.

Also we signed Austin for a minimal fee almost against Wilsons wishes by Fitton (Wilson did not rate Austin originally) so Fitton should take the plaudits for that one and not Wilson and without Austin in the play off season we would not have been anywhere near the play offs in the first place.

In the play off season Austins goals gained us 19 points (scoring winning goals when it would have been a draw and scoring to draw when we would have got beaten) that would have left the club in mid table without his goals.

Wilson was not as hard done by as he suggests.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:06:08 »

Dont forget Wilson bought Ferry and Caddis for a combined total of £500k as well as an offer for Mason of £300k he bought Yinka Casal for £100k, Mark Marshall £50k, Scott Cuthbert £125k, Aden Flint £100k, Alan O'Brien £100k release fee, Charlie Austin £50k, Elliot Benyon £125k,  paid over the top wages for Douglas, Nalis, JPM, Rose.

Wilson didn't sign Casal, Nalis, Marshall or JPM.
Flashheart

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:09:03 »

Thx for taking the time to do the research which I couldn't be bothered to look up. This shows we paid the 7th highest amount in agents' fees in L1 in 10-11. You seem to be basing your case on this and the fact he also had £300k to spend on a player in January. Not sure that invalidates other people's points about the quality of players that he lost that season without the income being made available to him.

But mainly, I just get a bit pissed off by how vein-bulgingly angry you seem to get about this little football lark.

Go back through the thread sunshine.

I opened this thread and had other's jumping on my back. All I've done is produce hard facts to support that Wilson is indeed a lying cunt. People don't seem to like bad things being said about their precious Danny, he isn't even here anymore for crying out loud.

Why are people being so defensive about Wilson?

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:11:26 by Flashheart » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:10:20 »

Wilson didn't sign Casal, Nalis, Marshall or JPM.
I didnt say he signed JPM and Nalis and yes I made a mistake about Marshall and Casal.

It still means Wilson spent over £1million on players in his time with us though.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:10:54 »

Why a player we didn't sign is used to make a point I don't know?  I'd be interested  to see wilsons  expenditure  in comparison to moneys received .
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:11:55 »

Why a player we didn't sign is used to make a point I don't know?  I'd be interested  to see wilsons  expenditure  in comparison to moneys received .
Because in the interview Wilson said he was not given money to strengthen the team, which is obviously a lie.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: