Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson.....  (Read 12597 times)
Muffin Man

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:15:26 »

Flint – 100k
Ferry – nominal fee
Caddis – nominal fee
Austin – 20k
Cuthburt – nominal fee
Benyon – 100k

Totally deluded....

Dont be a cunt, you obviously know fuck all since when has 350k + add ons been nominal?

Ferry + Caddis
http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206550

Benyon 150k+

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Benyon-s-transfer-Robins-exceed-163-150-000/story-11748073-detail/story.html

Cuthbert 100k+

http://board67.com/celtic-related/2094-scott-cuthbert-signs-swindon.html

Now you show me where you got your figures from?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:31:19 »

I thought there was always decent money available to Wilson, provided it was a young player with a high chance of making a decent return within a couple of seasons. But that meant the rest of the team had to be built with cheap players and the older players would only be offered short term deals. This did cause a problem, see Greer and Paynter for example.

Wilson had to run things on a budget and keep selling players to balance the books. Whilst we'll have to wait until the accounts are published to see for certain, I'd imagine Paolo has been given a lot more money than Wilson ever was.

Think some people are trying to re-write history.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:39:17 »

Dont be a cunt, you obviously know fuck all since when has 350k + add ons been nominal?

Ferry + Caddis
http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206550

Benyon 150k+

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Benyon-s-transfer-Robins-exceed-163-150-000/story-11748073-detail/story.html

Cuthbert 100k+

http://board67.com/celtic-related/2094-scott-cuthbert-signs-swindon.html

Now you show me where you got your figures from?

These are not official figures, they are opinions from people who are as deluded as you, Caddis, Ferry and Curhbert were cast offs  from the Celtic youths, and cost next to nothing, why would any of those players of had a market value of anywhere near 150k? Swindon would be lucky to get that for Ferry now! dream on.....
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:42:39 »

I'm not sure you're being entirely serious now Arriba.

If Wilson was given 300k to spend on a player, how could he say the club was struggling for cash? We could have sold 20m worth of players, he was still given money to spend and as per a link which trashbat provided he chose not to.

Perhaps the £300k was made available for a specific target on the understanding that extra player sales would then have been required. As it was, 'only' spending £70k on Benyon meant that was no longer necessary.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:50:57 »

Perhaps the £300k was made available for a specific target on the understanding that extra player sales would then have been required. As it was, 'only' spending £70k on Benyon meant that was no longer necessary.

The club didn't want to sell Austin Nev. They tried to keep him only for him to put in a transfer request. With that in mind, it would make no sense for them to then expect Wilson to sell players, especially not after we did get the money for Austin.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:55:10 »

These are not official figures, they are opinions from people who are as deluded as you, Caddis, Ferry and Curhbert were cast offs  from the Celtic youths, and cost next to nothing, why would any of those players of had a market value of anywhere near 150k? Swindon would be lucky to get that for Ferry now! dream on.....

I wouldnt say caddis was a cast off from the youth team, he played against barcelona dont you know Wink . I was under the impression we paid 350k for him and ferry in a joint deal
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:56:36 »

IMO Wilson was the best manager we had since Hoddle, and I get upset to hear of him this kind of abuse, Aand it not been for F

wash your mouth out.

Andy King all the way Cool
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:01:14 »

wash your mouth out.

Andy King all the way Cool
I wouldnt say caddis was a cast off from the youth team, he played against barcelona dont you know Wink . I was under the impression we paid 350k for him and ferry in a joint deal

I'm not joking, I would have Wilson back here any day, a top man and a top manager. 
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:12:47 »

I wouldn't have Wilson back, he was a good club manager but not someone who has the passion/drive that PdC has IMO. PdC gets a lot of stick but he is still a rookie manager in only his 2nd season and I'd rather him than Wilson.

#VivaKenBarlow!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:19:21 »

The club didn't want to sell Austin Nev. They tried to keep him only for him to put in a transfer request. With that in mind, it would make no sense for them to then expect Wilson to sell players, especially not after we did get the money for Austin.

You're not going to budge from your one eyed view, which was unnecessarily harshly put in my opinion. You didn't address my comment, and 'sense' does not always come into it.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:24:14 »

You're not going to budge from your one eyed view, which was unnecessarily harshly put in my opinion. You didn't address my comment, and 'sense' does not always come into it.

Oooh, get you. Getting all arsey just because I don;t agree with you. Can;t you think of a counter argument Nev? Don't like the message so attack the messenger.
Flashheart

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:26:06 »

Think I might start calling Wilson a cunt more often. What a reaction.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:28:34 »

I think your poor punctuation might upset Nev more
DMR

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:33:49 »

Think I might start calling Wilson a cunt more often. What a reaction.

You're the one who's posted about 30 times and got increasingly defensive you stupid cunt
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 15:37:47 »

Just read all through this and all I can say is

Good fucking lord !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: