Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson.....  (Read 12596 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:55:07 »

If I gave you a grand to buy a TV but you buy a shit one for 200 quid, would you then complain that I didn't give you enough money?

You're quick enough to give us "facts"
Provide the figures i keep requesting.

Wilson clearly thinks there was an issue with money. Provide the evidence to prove him a liar. Then i'll withdraw all my comments and apologise
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:58:39 »

I'm not sure you're being entirely serious now Arriba.

If Wilson was given 300k to spend on a player, how could he say the club was struggling for cash? We could have sold 20m worth of players, he was still given money to spend and as per a link which trashbat provided he chose not to.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:01:19 »

I don't resent Wilson, just passing comment on an observation. I'm surprised at the vehement defence of him.

I'm not defending his record, and there have been several good posts showing what was made available to him. Just think "lying cunt" is a bit harsh based on what he actually said.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:02:44 »

WTF? Wilson was given money to spend and HE didnt spend it, so the money way there??? I personally never rated Wilson anyway he was a bad motivator and poor tactitian and he always had excuses like Paolo as its the managers arsenal, as for players sold its hardly 4 mill when he sold austin for 1.2m Cox for 1.5m Morrison for 80k Greer for 200k and the 2 lads from the yoofs in Stephens and Henshall for about 100k between them.

I haven't quoted figures for players(although i'd like to see them for outgoing and incoming players)
Not convinced your figures are correct though.

Let's not forget the chairman at the time got involved heavily with player activity. Wilson was not given the freedom that Di Canio gets.

Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:09:10 »

What does it matter what we received in transfer fees? He was still given money to spend and didn't even spend all of it.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:10:08 »

I'm not sure you're being entirely serious now Arriba.

If Wilson was given 300k to spend on a player, how could he say the club was struggling for cash? We could have sold 20m worth of players, he was still given money to spend and as per a link which trashbat provided he chose not to.

I am being serious.
That 300k is rumoured not a fact and it wasn't even spent. If so where?

That link quoted by Trashbat was not a direct quote from Wilson. At the time he may have still thought things were not too bad? Who knows..
How do we know he didn't change his mind and ask for funds for different players and those requests refused? With Fitton in the chair at the time i think it's highly likely. If Fitton didn't fancy the player i'm sure he wouldn't have asked for funds. How do we know that money that was previously available was not then withdrawn?
We don't,it's all guesswork.
Income vs outgoings. Let's see the facts.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:12:12 by arriba » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:15:08 »

I am being serious.
That 300k is rumoured not a fact and it wasn't even spent. If so where?

It IS fact. http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/SWINDON-RIGHT/story-11652876-detail/story.html

The bid of around 300k was made and accepted. This is a nailed on fact.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:17:00 »

It IS fact. http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/SWINDON-RIGHT/story-11652876-detail/story.html

"thought to be £300,000,". Not quite nailed on..

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:19:07 »

the bid amount was rumoured,although a bid being accepted is a fact.

All my points still stand though. What if that amount was available for that player only,and other funds refused?
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:19:16 »

"thought to be £300,000,". Not quite nailed on..

Please don't start splitting hairs, there's no need and it doesn't make any point.

That a bid of around 300k was made is a fact. It could have been less, could have been more.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:32:56 »

WTF? Wilson was given money to spend and HE didnt spend it, so the money way there??? I personally never rated Wilson anyway he was a bad motivator and poor tactitian and he always had excuses like Paolo as its the managers arsenal, as for players sold its hardly 4 mill when he sold austin for 1.2m Cox for 1.5m Morrison for 80k Greer for 200k and the 2 lads from the yoofs in Stephens and Henshall for about 100k between them.

Cox – 1.5
Austin – 1.5
Morrison – 250k
Greer – 250k
Henshaw – 250k
Stephens – 100k

If you want to delude yourself that the club gave all these millions to Wilson to spend, and he decided not to then go ahead, but in reality the board sold every senior and youths asset they had, and in comparison to the money they made from these transfers they gave him a very small percentage, selling just under 4 million worth of players and then giving out an alleged 300K (and local papers always big it up so it probably nowhere near that amount anyway) in return does not sound like a good deal to me.
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:33:08 »

the bid amount was rumoured,although a bid being accepted is a fact.

What if that amount was available for that player only,and other funds refused?

If they would let him spend 300k on Mason then why not another talented player?

Muffin Man

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 13:40:21 »

Cox – 1.5
Austin – 1.5
Morrison – 250k
Greer – 250k
Henshaw – 250k
Stephens – 100k

If you want to delude yourself that the club gave all these millions to Wilson to spend, and he decided not to then go ahead, but in reality the board sold every senior and youths asset they had, and in comparison to the money they made from these transfers they gave him a very small percentage, selling just under 4 million worth of players and then giving out an alleged 300K (and local papers always big it up so it probably nowhere near that amount anyway) in return does not sound like a good deal to me.
You are fucking deluded, we didnt get anywhere near that amount for those players my figures were the officially released figures from the club in club balances, go fucking check them out for yourself instead of making up figures to suit your arguments.

And Wilson didnt just get an alleged 300k to spend he actually spent 1.3million as stated on flint ferry caddis cuthbert austin and benyon.

he sold 3 mill and spent 1.3 mill and that 1.3 mill would have been 1.6 mill if mason had signed
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:01:11 »

We don't,it's all guesswork.

indeed

it seems as though most transfers now are done with payments split up into various clauses depending on the player scoring a goal against man united on a day starting with the letter T in the spring of 2015 and so on. the figures quoted are almost certainly a long way from any initial fees received which would then presumably be available to be used as money to purchase new players.

whilst wilson's comments certainly don't appear to be as close to the truth as we believed, i don't think calling him an outright "lying cunt" is entirely fair. fitton's transfer policies were one of the many contributing factors in our absolute failure to capitalise on the progress made in 09/10 and subsequent relegation the following season.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 14:02:29 »

You are fucking deluded, we didnt get anywhere near that amount for those players my figures were the officially released figures from the club in club balances, go fucking check them out for yourself instead of making up figures to suit your arguments.

And Wilson didnt just get an alleged 300k to spend he actually spent 1.3million as stated on flint ferry caddis cuthbert austin and benyon.

he sold 3 mill and spent 1.3 mill and that 1.3 mill would have been 1.6 mill if mason had signed

Flint – 100k
Ferry – nominal fee
Caddis – nominal fee
Austin – 20k
Cuthburt – nominal fee
Benyon – 100k

Totally deluded....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: