Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon boss Byrne blasts armchair supporters  (Read 23336 times)
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:42:19 »

Brilliant. If he has been told he hasnt got the job, then fair play to him for coming out and saying that.
I completely agree with him....although i imagine the only people who agree with him are the people who do actually go every week!

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:45:15 »

I go every week and still think he is a grade a twat
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:53:03 »

Maybe, but I attend matches and have also said the team aren't playing with confidence, something Byrne doesn't agree with according to the article.

If I want to post that, then I will. And if people disagree then fine.  He has every right to disagree - but not the right to expect us not to post our thoughts. The reason things are negative right now is that we are 1 fucking point above the relegation zone and keep conceding last minute goals and/or making huge individual fuck ups.

I absolutely agree with him, we need unity, we need to get behind the team en-mass and be positive. But this kind of interview just riles the fans further. What a plank.

Seconded
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:05:19 »

How does he know they don't go to games?
I think the comments were aimed primarily at a few posters on the Adver forum who post one-line throwaway comments along the lines of "Byrne's shit, the players are shit" etc during games (so clearly not at the game) or who specify their locations as overseas (so not likely to have been at the game) or who state during their posts they weren't at the game. As janaage pointed out, the most vocal critics of MM were often in the above categories. I don't think it was aimed at those who, as Batch said, have been to the game, didn't like what they saw and say so but back it up with some actual reasoned argument. That's fair comment, it's the "it's all shit" negativity he's on about. At least that's how I took it.

There is a lot of unsubstantiated (as opposed to Batch-like reasoned argument) "it's all shit" negativity around especially on thisis and has been since MM was appointed. I can understand that must be really wearing for managers/players especially when it bears no relation to what actually went on during the game. BUT, as I've said in the threads about Aljofree getting into rows with the crowd, for players or members of the management staff to come out and say stuff like this in public is just daft - they're always going to be on a hiding to nothing. You might sympathise with the sentiments but part of being in football as a player, manager or whatever is about dealing with the critics and silencing them on the pitch. You're never going to win in a public slanging match with even a small section of the fans (which is probably what this is directed at).
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:05:59 »

How does he know they don't go to games?

I would imagine the time of the posts would give it away

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:08:31 »

it says quite clearly in the article who he's having a pop at.people slag off dickheads on thisis all the time on here,byrne does it and is out of order.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:24:33 »

Why would Byrne read forum posts anyway? Especially working out what time they were posted and from what location. It's not as if he needs to know what people think of the football; at least I hope not, dropping points and an abysmal atmosphere should be major clues!

Maybe he's just inquisitive, but I reckon he's gone on to work out what lines to feed the fans so they like him/the team more, which is fair enough, but if that's the case it's backfired hugely.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:29:01 »

Why would Byrne read forum posts anyway? Especially working out what time they were posted and from what location. It's not as if he needs to know what people think of the football; at least I hope not, dropping points and an abysmal atmosphere should be major clues!

Maybe he's just inquisitive, but I reckon he's gone on to work out what lines to feed the fans so they like him/the team more, which is fair enough, but if that's the case it's backfired hugely.
It might not be Byrne reading them - the players certainly do though and it maybe that they're coming into training complaining about people having a go etc and saying "You should see what they're saying about you boss". Erm, in which case that probably would be him reading them wouldn't it? I'm sure I had a point when I started ....
dell boy

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:31:51 »

Fitton gave the reason why Malpas lost his job, it is a result business.
So Bryne has three points in four or is four points in five since he took over.
Not good enough .... move on you will not get the job.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 19:34:04 »

Also I avoid thisis altogether, hence why I didn't know the times of postings. Reason I do that: I can't stand some of the mongoloids on there when I last used that forum. Doesn't seem like it's changed.

Best course of action is to avoid them altogether, if they are quite clearly mongs. A lot of people are pissed off because they've spent money up front to watch shite though, which I will admit is not entirely Byrne's fault, but perhaps he should be rallying the players rather than slagging the fans off. Which I think was your earlier point anyway, Paul.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 20:01:33 »

It is the comments section on the Adver site, and as Sie just called them mongs, clearly Byrne is merely backing you up.  I doubt they read this one much if at all, it would involve searching around and from comments I've heard 1st hand it is certainly the Adver site they read.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:00:15 »

Boo. I'm annoyed that I didn't get a mention as an armchair fan. I find myself not bothering to post much on football matters recently as I haven't been to games or listened to many. Plus no one gives a shit about my opinion anyway. I think I'll sulk for a while.....
land_of_bo

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:22:29 »

I would imagine the time of the posts would give it away

They might have mobile interweb.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:32:54 »

Whether he's been told officially or not, its pretty obvious Byrne hasn't got the job. Its also obvious that the job was there for the taking if he got a decent string of results. I'd imagine he is somewhat bitter and twisted that he came pretty close to getting the job, or at least would have if they hadn't blown leads in the last few minutes of three games. If they had held on to win those three games his record would have been P5, W3, D1, L1 (against some decent teams as well) and he would most likely of been given the job this week.

So I can understand why he'd be having a rant or two at the moment. Instead of managing a Division 1 side next week he'll most likely be out of work instead. Not nice especially coming up to Christmas and all that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 21:35:54 »

I was under the impression that Fitton was never going to appoint Byrne, he said something along the lines of history showing that such an appointments tend to end in failure.

If Byrne had an outstanding record during his stint, then maybe Fitton would have had to think about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: