Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper Out  (Read 26530 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:07:14 »

Well things might change if Williams is able to pick the team and formation as well as do team talks. The players seem to like him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:09:47 »

Well things might change if Williams is able to pick the team and formation as well as do team talks. The players seem to like him.

Players liking the manager, isn't necessary.  I don't suppose many liked PdC, but he delivered results
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:11:12 »

Players liking the manager, isn't necessary.  I don't suppose many liked PdC, but he delivered results

True but they might want to do well for him if he was in charge. Might not be thr same for Coops.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:17:30 »

True but they might want to do well for him if he was in charge. Might not be thr same for Coops.

I think the players see the benefit of Power/Cooper/Williams as being an opportunity to show their worth  and then seal either a lucrative move, or for some like Jordan Turnbull, a lucrative extension to a Prem contract.

Atm, this particular gravy train has hit the buffers....we don't look to have anyone whose value is increasing, so this may have a negative impact on the group.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:17:12 »

I would like to know what is the point of Cooper being there if Luke Williams now does most of the coaching and power does the recruitment.

It reportedly changed towards the end of last season.
Reported where? You keep asserting this as fact, but it's just supposition on your part isn't it? Unless I've missed something?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:26:47 »

That is one of the most depressing of posts.

You appear to hold out no hope for the future - with or without Cooper.

It is only hope - or self delusion if you will - that keeps fans coming back. The hope over experience that things will miraculously change.

Cooper/Williams have proven that they are incapable of fashioning even the most basic of defensive shapes so we can be sure that the howlers will continue unabated with them remaining at the helm.

So, really, without change what's the point.

I hold out hope, just not sure whether it's worth getting rid of Cooper unless Power brigs somebody in that will make difference.

Is there anything in my post that you don't agree with?  Obviously apart from what I just posted above, as you have made it clear that you want him gone..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:47:57 »

No, that's what makes it depressing. If the Power model requires a subservient manager then, yes, what is the point of sacking Cooper.

But most clubs affect change by replacing their manager. Not always successful, I know, but I can't think of any club that doesn't replace their manager once poor results/performances become entrenched.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 17:56:51 »

I think it would have an initial effect, as usual, but I reckon we could be back in the same boat a few months down the line...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:17:05 »

Just so I'm following correctly, is the general consensus that Power's model is doomed to failure? Sorry, but his model is EXACTLY the same as last season, when we were 1 GAME away from the Championship!

It's All Good..............
Skinny Pete

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:19:49 »

It was successful for half a season. February onwards it's been a disaster on the pitch.
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:20:02 »

I still think there's something not right behind the scenes, whether it's all the cooper speculation in the summer, the apparent falling out between Cooper/Williams etc, something doesn't seem right.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:25:14 »

Just so I'm following correctly, is the general consensus that Power's model is doomed to failure? Sorry, but his model is EXACTLY the same as last season, when we were 1 GAME away from the Championship!

My opinion is - it won't provide long term on the pitch success/progression.
Simply put, we will have to rebuild too often to sustain anything. We will put together good teams but they will last a season at best.
Being one game away from the Championship was a fantastic achievement all things considered and much better season than we all expected.
However, that side has broken up. We haven't just sold one player (like Luongo) and they reinvested in the squad. We havn't regrouped, added and tried to go one better.

We've started from scratch and it will be like that every season. We could go from 90 minutes from the Championship one season to 24th the next.

I understand the model works with regards to off field objectives but I don't think it will bring sustained on pitch success....not fact, just opinion.
woolster

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:29:56 »

My opinion is - it won't provide long term on the pitch success/progression.
Simply put, we will have to rebuild too often to sustain anything. We will put together good teams but they will last a season at best.
Being one game away from the Championship was a fantastic achievement all things considered and much better season than we all expected.
However, that side has broken up. We haven't just sold one player (like Luongo) and they reinvested in the squad. We havn't regrouped, added and tried to go one better.

We've started from scratch and it will be like that every season. We could go from 90 minutes from the Championship one season to 24th the next.

I understand the model works with regards to off field objectives but I don't think it will bring sustained on pitch success....not fact, just opinion.
this
Skinny Pete

« Reply #103 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:31:59 »

I'm still not convinced what Power's main objective is.

If self-sustainability is the prime objective then, yes, it will probably be successful.

If it is on-the-pitch success then, no, I can't see it. Last season was a bit of a freak I think.

I realise there a number of lower league clubs who have very low expectations - we should not be one of them.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 18:35:27 »

It was successful for half a season. February onwards it's been a disaster on the pitch.
From February until the end of last season we won 7, lost 8 and drew 4 in the league (excluding play off games). Not fantastic, but not a 'disaster'. During this period we also lost Luongo and Kasim to the Asion Cup and they were arguably below par on their return.
Power got us closer to the Championship than any owner has for years and on a sustainable budget. No one likes seeing their side lose, but let's accept there's been quite a few extenuating circumstances.

Maybe we should think about where we'd be if Jed had somehow managed to keep control......

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: