Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper Out  (Read 26014 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:17:38 »

Big names?

Hoddle. Ardiles. Mcmahon. Di Canio
All took the job as the first time in management did they not?

Wilson, Sturrock as they had been sacked from elsewhere
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:28:34 »

I would have taken you seriously but you left Macari off that list and you lost all credibility.

Your right though we always attract big name managers in their first pop at management. Let's Buck the trend and get a manager who's proven, a big name from a small club. Ecactly the sort of appointment we should go for but with the way the setup is I think Power will stick with Cooper no matter what.
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:34:28 »

My opinon is if things don't improve quickly and Power persists with Cooper then both Cooper and Power are going to start getting a lot of stick from the fans I think, this can't go on with these very poor results and yes we might have injuries but we could still be getting better results than we have been, I reckon Cooper has lost the dressing room, think he lost it sometime ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 00:26:24 »

I reckon Cooper has lost the dressing room, think he lost it sometime ago.

This would explain why the likes of Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Louis Thompson, Nicky Ajose and Ben Gladwin opted to come back to the club, so they could have its whereabouts pointed out ot them.
REDBUCK

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 00:59:53 »

I do feel for Cooper given the number of players we have out injured, but sticking to the same rigid slow 3-5-2 and trying to screw horn players into this formation when you haven't got the players to fit the formation is Barmy. Today Louis Thompson was rb and ajose kind of right wing. Why not change the formation and play the players in their comfortable positions.

Why is the tempo only at an acceptable level when we are 2-0 down?

1.we didn't start with a rigid 3-5-2 today
2. Thompson filled as right back as the best choice righted footer available in today's squad
3. We changed the formation at half time and the tempo improved at 1-0. We just then gifted them a ridiculous goal.
4. Ajose generally plays on the right and likes to cut in, he also plays off a bigger forward, a player we don't have available.

All this happened today at a game you didn't appear to watch.

Just my view you understand.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 04:26:03 »

He got the job by default and i (personally) have never liked/rated him...that doesn't count for shit though in greater scheme of things.

My sad assumption is that sacking Cooper wont make any difference.

I just felt the whole team looked like they were playing because they had to yesterday....not because they wanted to.

It's Shit at the minute.....shit.

Clems Army!
Combe Down

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 06:27:09 »

Having seen the last three games I feel we turned a corner today. We were more positive & had more purpose. I would have taken a draw before the game to stop the rot. If it hadn't been for the howler by Vigs we would have got that draw. No time to panic. Let's see where we are after another six League games & how much desire we have in the FA Cup.
lambourn red

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 07:31:02 »

He got the job by default and i (personally) have never liked/rated him...that doesn't count for shit though in greater scheme of things.

My sad assumption is that sacking Cooper wont make any difference.

I just felt the whole team looked like they were playing because they had to yesterday....not because they wanted to.

It's Shit at the minute.....shit.

i am normally patient but I think time has come for cooper to go , we need a motivator at the moment. Cooper just does not seem to handle it when things start going against us , yesterday He says we played well but again offer little or no threat on goal surely he can see we need to be quicker in the build up . I am really not enjoying going at the moment because I have a season ticket I am almost just going out of habit rather than actually looking forward to it.
I like powers approach and he has to be commended on reducing the costs but I fear gates are going to slide dramatically unless he acts soon. The biggest frustration for me is how poor this league is this year the team from last season would be running away with it, as fans all we can do is turn up and get behind them booing and getting on the players backs is not the answer .
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 08:38:00 »

Seems like everyone associated with our horrific play off display is suffering something of a reaction not just Cooper, his coaching staff and few remaining players still at the club. Turnbull, LouisT and Gladwin not deemed ready yet for leagues above so back with us, and Byrne and Stephens struggling to get much Championship game time. Williams not exactly flying at Donny or Smith at Barnsley. Wes doing fine at big club but in small league so really only Balloon D'Or nominee Luongo, and possibly Toffolo who has flirted around fringes of Norwich first team, who obviously seem to have got over it.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:10:30 »

Seems like everyone associated with our horrific play off display is suffering something of a reaction not just Cooper, his coaching staff and few remaining players still at the club. Turnbull, LouisT and Gladwin not deemed ready yet for leagues above so back with us, and Byrne and Stephens struggling to get much Championship game time. Williams not exactly flying at Donny or Smith at Barnsley. Wes doing fine at big club but in small league so really only Balloon D'Or nominee Luongo, and possibly Toffolo who has flirted around fringes of Norwich first team, who obviously seem to have got over it.

We're all scarred for life!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:21:33 »

I would like to know what is the point of Cooper being there if Luke Williams now does most of the coaching and power does the recruitment.

It reportedly changed towards the end of last season.

Copper is not going to resign as he has bills to pay and what manager resigns they will miss their pay off.

We need a shake up of the coaching staff, if Williams is coaching then he is surely coaching them to play a certain way and style, so why does he not put his balls on the line and pick the team and tactics.  Why power has decided this I'd love to know as it leaves Cooper as the odd man out really just there to take the stick from fans when things go wrong and if it is going well it is down to the players brought on and how they are being improved on the training ground.

Its time for change but not change for changes sake, lets get a manager that is in charge of everything and has a say in players being brought in, not necessarily final say but not given players that are not really needed.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:30:50 »

We should go in for Hasselbaink. Big name, works on a shoe string budget. Now this would be a great appointment.

I think he would come too.

They've already turned down an approach from a Championship club. If he's going anywhere, it'll be the Championship.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:43:59 »

I would like to know what is the point of Cooper being there if Luke Williams now does most of the coaching and power does the recruitment.

It reportedly changed towards the end of last season.
it did? who reported that?

in any case could be that Williams doesn't like being in the public eye. cooper is pretty good at that..

power says cooper picks the team, makes the subs, etc.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 09:54:43 »

They've already turned down an approach from a Championship club. If he's going anywhere, it'll be the Championship.

Yes that club being Rotherham United.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 10:05:40 »

if Williams does so much with the team - and in some peoples view was seen as the brains behind the outfit - then surely he must cop his fair share of the criticism?

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: