Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper Out  (Read 26077 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:03:30 »

Would it help if we put the goals in front of the DRS and dugout?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:28:10 »

Or just hid them altogether?
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:34:10 »

It's been said many times on several threads about the injuries, suspension etc as contributors to our poor run, obviously this is having a major impact as it would with any professional outfit.

However, just to put something else out there...  

Our form has dipped considerably since late January, our tactics have become predictable and teams have learnt how to play against us & ultimately beat us, our passing game that gained us a pure football reputation has become our downfall... why? It could be because our manager doesn't really understand it, or believe in it (pre-Swindon he was known for long ball).  Coincidently, Tim Sherwood was recruited by Villa early February, he was widely publicised as a close tactical advisor to Power & Cooper & provider of many of the players that played the system we were promoting, as they had done in the Spurs youth set up. It became natural for Sherwood's kids to play in the way they had been moulded & we were the benefactors.

We are now trying to adopt the same system without Sherwood (or Ferdinand) there to help, Cooper & Williams are trying to continue the style on there own, only now they haven't got the technical players that we had last season, who were bred for that particular style of football & I'm not convinced they have the ability to transform average young talent into technically gifted stars...... not playing the way we are anyway, it just doesn't fit.

I'm not convinced it's time to change the manager, but I'm convinced it's time to change the style we play.  

Football is about results, if Cooper is picking the team & adopting the tactics, then he needs to be able to do this his way, Sherwood & Ferdinand are busy, so try things your own way Cooper, pick a team that's balanced, play your players in their proper positions and play to your strengths.  it might not be popular with everyone but neither is the possession game we're currently playing.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 19:52:24 »

agree with this, wait till we have a full squad, give him 5 games and see where we are, whatever happens we can kiss goodbye to a playoff final at Wembley

Realistically, we're looking at 6 weeks for the bulk of the injured players to be back.  A couple will be even longer.

Add in 5 games or so to see where we are and we're nearly in January.  It worries me that if our poor form continues, it doesn't leave much time for someone to turn it around.

Also couldn't help but notice the difference in the two benches today.  Westley and his no 2/coach were both standing and shouting instructions and constantly conferring.  Williams remained rooted to the bench even when virtually the whole team came over near the end and Cooper was giving out various instructions.  There really seems to be little or no communication between the two.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 20:00:27 »

Realistically, we're looking at 6 weeks for the bulk of the injured players to be back.  A couple will be even longer.

Add in 5 games or so to see where we are and we're nearly in January.  It worries me that if our poor form continues, it doesn't leave much time for someone to turn it around.

I said earlier that it isn't inevitable we're down, but we've roughly 10 games up til Christmas, keep this form and we'll need title winning form for the second half of the season to stay up. 6 weeks uses up a large chunk of those 10 games, so we have to turn this around with what we've got.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 20:44:16 »

Top of the townend
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 20:54:11 »

Gladwin scored a few last season and can't be match fit. I wouldn't be too harsh.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 20:55:01 »

Yeah qpr fans said he was out of condition after the cardiff game

Played plenty for the u21s though
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:28:23 »

He has to go now imo. The injuries are a factor but the tactics are poor and i feel that the players look like they dont want to play for Coops. If it was me id sack the lot from the manager to the physio. All of them should take some blame for this mess.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:50:34 »

It's been shite well before all the injuries. Why do so many think it's just going to magically turn round?

We're probably good enough to stay up but that's as good as it gets.

Cooper is fucking clueless.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:51:28 »

We should go in for Hasselbaink. Big name, works on a shoe string budget. Now this would be a great appointment.

I think he would come too.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:54:54 »

Costs £ though
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 22:59:17 »

Yes that's fine. We got £3,000,000 for Gladwin and Luongo.

Oh wait a minute...

He is at Burton Albion at the end of the day, he could force a move from there with the great work he's done.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:04:31 »

Why the hell would he want to come here
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:15:02 »

Not an easy answer to that one, but then look at all the other big name managers we've brainwashed over the years.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: