Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125169 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 20:08:27 »

Im a bit mystified about this whole Yelko Pino business, is he going to actually play for us or are we a bridging club and hes on his way elsewhere for a fee?

Will the Highworth training ground be able to have an astro pitch installed as surely they will have the same problem as they currently have with Beversbrook under water and needing to train somewhere?
I'd be pretty confident they'd have at least 1 4g pitch installed. My local team in South Wales has got a 3g pitch & some League of Wales clubs play on 3/4g so if we weren't getting one then something would be very wrong.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 20:39:17 »

If only someone who ran the club was open enough to go on, say, the radio and take fans' questions like that.

He was vague on that, hence me wondering further up if maybe there was 3rd party crap, or the suchlike.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:44:19 »

Im a bit mystified about this whole Yelko Pino business, is he going to actually play for us or are we a bridging club and hes on his way elsewhere for a fee?
So here is my conspiracy theory:

1. Power has said that there have been two managers since Pino was brought over: So, I think that means that he was found (in Spain from other context) by Mark Cooper, who rated him. However, I wonder whether that means that Williams doesn't? I also wondered whether there was a similar conflict over Bangoura? I think that he crocked Obika in training. Maybe both he and Pino are more aggressive, combative midfielders and don't fit into the 'Swindon way' ?

2. Power said there is a player in there but the signing is complicated: Others on here read that to mean that there is a 3rd party involved. I wondered whether it was Terry Cooper and there is a finders fee?

Or maybe its just an agent that wants a large fee? Or maybe it is bridging for another club? Who knows.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:49:48 »

I read into the El Abd answer that Williams didn't rate him. probably wrong. just add baffling as pino.

Bangoura was a power signing, don't think cooper knew much about it before it happened. to play so little probably meant he was plain sub standard.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 21:53:17 »

The guy really pressing Power on what would be left for STFC to spend on players after having to meet the peppercorn rent on the training ground was class entertainment.

Power did mention that getting the Eady estate to invest in the facilities at the training ground was a possibility.  This  did however make me wonder whether if the Eady estate didn't choose to invest there the club (and not Power) might have to borrow considerable sums to pay for the infrastructure and indeed maintain it.

No problem with Power so far as that is concerned but it rather seemed like STFC was only going to get a big field for that peppercorn and that funding the necessary facilities was down to STFC - whether through the Eady estate or more commercially.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:05:48 »

I read into the El Abd answer that Williams didn't rate him. probably wrong. just add baffling as pino.
Thought he was at Brighton when Williams was there. Think thats where the initial link came from.

I think it comes down to money. El Abd wanting a lot. STFC not wanting to pay much. Plus STFC wanting to play Thompson and Branco ahead of him to increase their value and having to play Turnbull because of the terms of the loan. Could also be because Stephens may be back too?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:08:18 »

Stephens is a target. suppose the guaranteed football could be a midfield spot...

didn't realise the Williams link. If it's a case of money just be honest.. which he may have been
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:29:43 »

Maybe both he and Pino are more aggressive, combative midfielders and don't fit into the 'Swindon way'

A journo who watches Spain at u16 etc level described Pino to me as being like David Silva, so I doubt he is a bruise.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:31:23 »

I saw mention on social media that as well as the sale of Randall and the players sold in the summer, two players from the youth academy have also been sold for a substantial figure, is this true? If so where has that money gone?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:46:39 »

I saw mention on social media that as well as the sale of Randall and the players sold in the summer, two players from the youth academy have also been sold for a substantial figure, is this true? If so where has that money gone?
If you're serious with that last sentence please just go! The Swindon fans Facebook page would be ideal for you!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 22:56:27 »

I read into the El Abd answer that Williams didn't rate him. probably wrong.

I've heard it wasn't that Williams didn't rate him, just that he wasn't taking to the 'Swindon way' to well. So Williams decided to move him on.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 23:22:16 »

I've heard it wasn't that Williams didn't rate him, just that he wasn't taking to the 'Swindon way' to well. So Williams decided to move him on.

Was that on the phone in when power alluded it was down to a must play clause? As I didn't hear your version but heard mine! And as for the guy further up, facebook rumour?Huh? I doubt they know what day it is, let alone anything else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 07:53:57 »

Makes sense, he didn't fanny around with it at the back and closed down players. Cheeky bastard Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 07:56:34 »

Was that on the phone in when power alluded it was down to a must play clause? As I didn't hear your version but heard mine!
Yeah, that's what he said. Then said we could guarantee Stephens football! Stephens is more versatile and can play in midfield but be there for cover - IF we get him..

He did also mention something about 'there's been a change of manager' when mentioning el-abd too though didn't he? maybe memory is playing up. I'll have to re-listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03f8p36 (15 minutes)

"Adam was a fantastic professional...a beast in the dressing room and on the pitch..he was someone we were looking to keep, it just that a lot of things changed....with Martin leaving..with Luke coming in and a lot of people coming back ..there's Rafa and Turnbull and at the time Jordan Stewart maybe coming back..OK its competition but someone like Adam you've got to have respect for he needs to be guaranteed he plays every week and at the time it couldn't be guaranteed - so that was a big factor..nothing to do with him as a person or a player..made a big difference. And for whatever reason..probably for those reasons it was probably best he returned to Bristol".

So not really 100% clear. Seems he'd be down the pecking order - presumably as a result of loan stipulations - the "with Martin leaving and luke coming in" bit made me think what I thought..
« Last Edit: Friday, January 15, 2016, 08:08:28 by Batch » Logged
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:09:45 »

Yeah, that's what he said. Then said we could guarantee Stephens football! Stephens is more versatile and can play in midfield but be there for cover - IF we get him..

He did also mention something about 'there's been a change of manager' when mentioning el-abd too though didn't he? maybe memory is playing up. I'll have to re-listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03f8p36 (15 minutes)

"Adam was a fantastic professional...a beast in the dressing room and on the pitch..he was someone we were looking to keep, it just that a lot of things changed....with Martin leaving..with Luke coming in and a lot of people coming back ..there's Rafa and Turnbull and at the time Jordan Stewart maybe coming back..OK its competition but someone like Adam you've got to have respect for he needs to be guaranteed he plays every week and at the time it couldn't be guaranteed - so that was a big factor..nothing to do with him as a person or a player..made a big difference. And for whatever reason..probably for those reasons it was probably best he returned to Bristol".

So not really 100% clear. Seems he'd be down the pecking order - presumably as a result of loan stipulations - the "with Martin leaving and luke coming in" bit made me think what I thought..

I'd have thought that Stewart has a 'must play' clause. And as Brancs and Thompson are our players we'd prefer to play them, while Turnbull is such a solid unit, it'd seem silly to leave him out. So I can see why he'd be down the order a little bit.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: