Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 124098 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #165 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 12:13:29 »

Do you include Sir Red Ken in that lot?

What lot ? Working for the advertiser and rehashing phone in answers as articles. Or just banning Sir Red Ken, you need to clear this up you cunt.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 12:16:55 »

Premier League interest in Kasim? Thats some comical scouting of him this season.

cunning masterstroke to get Yas to up his game if he thinks prem scouts might be there.
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 12:38:47 »

The Power Bus is coming
And everybody's jumping
New York to San Francisco
A League One football disco

Well I appreciated this if nobody else. Good work.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 12:48:17 »

Just listening back - good listen but jeeeez, Graham about 40 mins in, wow. Like pulling teeth.

Fair play to Power for not going full destruction mode on him.

Was Graham the one who was disgusted that the c.£50 rent Power will receive over the term of the lease was decimating the transfer budget.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 12:55:59 »

Thats him. To be fair it was a reasonable question, just he didnt or didnt want to understand the answer.
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 13:00:06 »

He did a lot better than "where's the money gone?"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 13:00:20 »

Thats him. To be fair it was a reasonable question, just he didnt or didnt want to understand the answer.

I did fear that the conversation was going to move to why Power wanted to be paid in Peppercorns...

For someone who claims to be extremely uncomfortable talking to the media, I have to say he is bloody good at it (Power not Graham ;-) - either he is straight in his answers or a bloody good bullshitter!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 13:22:40 »

I did fear that the conversation was going to move to why Power wanted to be paid in Peppercorns...

For someone who claims to be extremely uncomfortable talking to the media, I have to say he is bloody good at it (Power not Graham ;-) - either he is straight in his answers or a bloody good bullshitter!

A bit of both I suspect
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 16:50:10 »

Wasn't it Graham who took exception to the remark that Power called Nile Ranger a loveable rogue?  And the guy who wanted Power to re-sign Ranger . . . . . . pmsl
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 17:01:23 »

No that was a different guy shortly after.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 17:59:39 »

A bit of both I suspect
You always get the impression that Power only tells us what he wants to share and let's face it Shaun Hodgetts is more Paxo than Paxman and doesn't delve too deep.

For example, Power said for a long time he had put in £2m to the club. Last night it's up to £4m so has he funded another £2m of losses (despite selling players and his regular quote the club is financially stable). Or is that £2m for the new training ground.?

I guess we were spoilt in the days of Fitton, Wray and Watkins who gave the sense of transparency (and backed it up with published annual accounts).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 18:08:22 »

He's said 4 million at least the 2 previous phone ins.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 18:14:57 »

Im a bit mystified about this whole Yelko Pino business, is he going to actually play for us or are we a bridging club and hes on his way elsewhere for a fee?

Will the Highworth training ground be able to have an astro pitch installed as surely they will have the same problem as they currently have with Beversbrook under water and needing to train somewhere?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 18:26:24 »

You always get the impression that Power only tells us what he wants to share and let's face it Shaun Hodgetts is more Paxo than Paxman and doesn't delve too deep.

For example, Power said for a long time he had put in £2m to the club. Last night it's up to £4m so has he funded another £2m of losses (despite selling players and his regular quote the club is financially stable). Or is that £2m for the new training ground.?

I guess we were spoilt in the days of Fitton, Wray and Watkins who gave the sense of transparency (and backed it up with published annual accounts).
I dint think Fitton, wary and Watkins were any more transparent, the Austin sell on clause a case in point and Fitton even tried to meddle with the first team. Powers basically doing what Fitton tried to do but was more of a media man and had a bit more money behind him so people were more trusting.
Panda Paws

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, January 14, 2016, 19:53:31 »

Im a bit mystified about this whole Yelko Pino business, is he going to actually play for us or are we a bridging club and hes on his way elsewhere for a fee?

Will the Highworth training ground be able to have an astro pitch installed as surely they will have the same problem as they currently have with Beversbrook under water and needing to train somewhere?

If only someone who ran the club was open enough to go on, say, the radio and take fans' questions like that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: