Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20605 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:44:41 »

Surely a wind up Bernie, would love it to be true though!

Nice goal, looks so simple.

Reading the few comments on here seems were were fortunate in the first half to be winning. Are we going to be one of those teams, the ones where the opposition proclaim to wonder how the hell we are doing so well in the league (crosses fingers)... Frankly who cares.
Flashheart

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:56:06 »

Job done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:57:17 »

Great win. Would have taken a draw all day long.

100% in the league on the road.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:57:25 »

Get in...

Grind it out!!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:57:39 »

Very decent result
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 15:59:08 »

Surely a wind up Bernie, would love it to be true though!

Nice goal, looks so simple.

Reading the few comments on here seems were were fortunate in the first half to be winning. Are we going to be one of those teams, the ones where the opposition proclaim to wonder how the hell we are doing so well in the league (crosses fingers)... Frankly who cares.

It wasn't fortunate, bar the last few minutes we had control of the result (not the game, if you get what I mean).  2nd half was just as expected, professional.  Think they had two chances in the game.  It might not be a very entertaining season, but we seem capable of getting goals from the front four.  It's all very 1980's!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:04:49 »

Splendid.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:06:18 »

sounded like a gritty performance, I keep seeing comments that our defence is awful but we are grinding out results in Carlisle and Morecambe, I am more than happy with them except we need cover for Hussey.

Roll on next weekend, home to Crawley who are still point-less, could be a good scoring win or potential for a slip up.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:07:18 »

1-0 scrappy win at northern grounds are what get you promoted. Team spirit and organisation reminds me of macari/wise/sturrock and di canio teams which all got promoted. Cautiously optimistic.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:08:22 »

Looks like we've been drilled on shape, the midfield two were in exactly the same position every time we had a throw in, must have been 10 yards apart, one slightly behind the other, both behind the ball, when we were attacking.  I imagine very few teams will play like Exeter, so the plan is clearly 7 players sticking to positions and a front 4 winning games for us, with Hussey adding some width from time to time.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:13:26 »

Excellent result.  Pleasing to hear the commentators saying that the two central defenders were immense as well. Another long distance result ground out.  Seems like we've got the team spirit that's been missing for the last couple of seasons. Keep it up Town.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:18:03 »

McDermott was definitely playing with lead in his boots, he must be a long way short of fitness 9I hope).  There is probably a good player in him, if only he could move.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:27:58 »

Town win, Scum lose - decent weekend. Its good to have a team again. Given the team still gelling results have been excellent and better than I could have hoped for. Roll on next week. Enjoying my football again.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:40:59 »

Great result but a painful watch.

Get in front away from home, defend properly, play the percentages and let the innate uselessness of most teams at this level do the rest. Seems like a good way to go at the moment.

Good turnout & great support.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:42:40 »

It's a results business and we are getting results. 2 wins at tough northern locations and a good point at home to a side who will be up there this season.

Crawley at home next week should be a banker. We'll see.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: