Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20188 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 20:43:11 »

Pfft, it's clearly just a procession from here until we are rightly crowned Champions in March.
Not before Xmas then Paul - like the mob down the 420?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 20:48:47 »

Not before Xmas then Paul - like the mob down the 420?
I was going to go for Feb but thought it only fair to allow for the odd hiccup. If only to allow Reg to try to start a relegation panic
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 21:01:05 »

Only 45 more points and Reg can start looking up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 23:13:18 »

It's not. Williams used to trot it out on a regular basis, as did Cooper. It's just that you like Flitcroft so you believe it coming from him, so it registers.
Indeed. All managers speak the same football language and say almost identical things to the press. It's why Di Canio's nonsense and King's verbal diarrhoea stick in the memory.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 00:47:46 »

Going by twitter, the players are not happy with their performance today.

I like that.

I think there are many things to improve on, we look well drilled off the ball but there's a long way to go with the ball for me.  McDermott looked to have a good touch and a good degree of creativity, hopefully the fitness follows soon, looked like Linganzi had his best game yet to me.  Mullin again looked like a good acquisition and Norris continues to look a different player.

Think it will just take a few more weeks for them all to understand each other in terms of ball play but it is a very good base to be working from thus far.  Mostly for me there was too much play it long in to channels.  Happy enough at this stage as we will undoubtedly get better and winning, as they say, becomes a habit.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 10:06:21 »

My first game this year, polar opposite of last year's performances.

No nonsense defending for the most part, looked a threat up top and the midfield were combative. Special mentions to the 2 cb who won pretty much everything, Hussey was always an outlet on the left and the front 4 looked very dangerous. Norris was brilliant I thought.

We were all over them in the first 30 until vigs decided he was playing under Williams and had a clearance charged down. That seemed to give them confidence and we struggled a little after that.

Great win, thoroughly looking forward to the rest of the season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 11:03:30 »

Mostly for me there was too much play it long in to channels.  Happy enough at this stage as we will undoubtedly get better and winning, as they say, becomes a habit.
Probably trying to use Woolery's pace to unlock the defence?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 11:07:43 »

Midfield were combative and held their positions, nothing more than that.  Defence got rid as soon as they had it.  All the forwards put in a good shift but the wind played havoc meaning the ball was spending most of the time in the air bouncing between the teams.  Somehow the BBC has us dominating possession.  Don't let that fool you, the ball was not retained for any periods by either team.  The win was deserved, job well done.  It's a lot more Sturrock than it is Williams.

Flitcroft got a little "defensive" in the post match interview when questioned about the style of football (even though the interviewer didn't mean it in the way he took it).

I haven't seen us play yet, but couldn't really give a toss what style of football we play this year as long as we get out of this division.  From what I have heard and read the wind played a big part in the performance yesterday, but out of interest, where are we on the Williams > Hoofball scale based on how we are playing at the moment?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 11:59:22 »

It's not particularly pleasing on the eye so far. But neither was watching the nonsense possession losing football last season.

I Know which I prefer
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 12:19:20 »

There were some passages of decent play. I think the intention is there, we're just lacking the execution so far.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 12:24:46 »

There were some passages of decent play. I think the intention is there, we're just lacking the execution so far.

Point in case. You're spot on. That is league two I guess. If they all click properly (which I think they will) then it'll get better but none of us should expect free flowing pinpoint quality at this level. Just won't get the complete quality throughout the squad. Whatever happened to Medhi Kerrouche? "Kerrouche, Kerrouche, Kerrouche is on fire!" Attitude wise, it's who Kasim reminded me of. Good players but that overtly stubborn attitude was the breaking of them.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 12:28:09 »

There are some comments on the Morecambe forum about us, how we were not that good and there for the taking, that they should have won etc etc....

Well yes we were there for the taking, but you didn't take us, maybe we didn't look THAT good but we still won.

If we can play not that well and still win then I hate to think what we will do to the opposition when we do finally click into place.

Every win is another 3 points away from relegation, isn't that right Reg? Wink

It may not be pretty to watch but if it gets us results then I am all for this new, defensively more solid style of play, make it difficult for teams to break us down and grab a goal or 2 on the break or from set pieces and we will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 14:42:55 »

Every win is another 3 points away from relegation, isn't that right Reg? Wink

At this early stage of the season, it's just take each game as it comes and look for signs of progress.  So far so good. 

However last season we had 7 points after 4 games lose on Sat v Crawley and that's where we'll be this season... would that set the alarm bells ringing well probably not... 

After 5 games, last season Tails put up a post, backed by many who thought we'd easily be mid table, questioning those who thought the campaign would be a relegation battle.

Further after 10 games, you were confident enough on what was on show to say...

I predicted 14th place back in July and nothing has changed my opinion of that, we will see some good some bad.

I'll just stick with taking each game as it comes for now... we probably need to see a bit of convincing home form, to regard things as progressing.
Stevens

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 15:11:55 »

For me we look like a side who will hammer some teams 5-0.
We are well structured, organised but no flair, I can also see has getting a 5-0 hammering.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, August 20, 2017, 15:17:58 »

Last two seasons 85-99 points secured promotion.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: