Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20331 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:44:36 »

Liked Flitcroft mentioning the fans and the expense of travel in first month and that the players have to put in a performance to merit that.

First time since PDC a manager says that sort of stuff...

Clems Army!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:11:27 »

For those that went/streamed it how did we play? Particularly keen to know how Woolery did? & the CM as there were a lot of gaps in CM last week which Exeter exploited on a number of occasions. Dunne, in particular looked knackered last week!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:20:36 »

Encouraging result.

All that could be asked... compete, be hard to beat and nick a result at a norvern hell hole. it will be interesting to see how squad depth is approached over the next couple of weeks. I'd imagine Flitters might like to get in another 2 or 3, as he doesn't seem overly fond of the few outfield leftovers aside from Norris and Conroy, and possibly Goddard.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:37:20 »

For those that went/streamed it how did we play? Particularly keen to know how Woolery did? & the CM as there were a lot of gaps in CM last week which Exeter exploited on a number of occasions. Dunne, in particular looked knackered last week!!

Midfield were combative and held their positions, nothing more than that.  Defence got rid as soon as they had it.  All the forwards put in a good shift but the wind played havoc meaning the ball was spending most of the time in the air bouncing between the teams.  Somehow the BBC has us dominating possession.  Don't let that fool you, the ball was not retained for any periods by either team.  The win was deserved, job well done.  It's a lot more Sturrock than it is Williams.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:38:01 »

Although I'll add we have a bit more about us in the final third than under Sturrock I think.
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:40:56 »

I was very much a L2 game.

I thought Linganzi looked quite classy in flashes, though. And the forwards looked busy.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:46:04 »

Midfield were combative and held their positions, nothing more than that.  Defence got rid as soon as they had it.  All the forwards put in a good shift but the wind played havoc meaning the ball was spending most of the time in the air bouncing between the teams.  Somehow the BBC has us dominating possession.  Don't let that fool you, the ball was not retained for any periods by either team.  The win was deserved, job well done.  It's a lot more Sturrock than it is Williams.
Cheers Rob. As Reg says I wouldn't be surprised to see another 2 or 3 landed before the window ends. Hopefully Danny Mayor from Bury will be one of them.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 17:49:50 »

sounded like a gritty performance, I keep seeing comments that our defence is awful but we are grinding out results in Carlisle and Morecambe, I am more than happy with them except we need cover for Hussey.

Roll on next weekend, home to Crawley who are still point-less, could be a good scoring win or potential for a slip up.

Crawley have always been pointless
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 18:00:13 »

Crawley have always been pointless
Let's hope they still are in a week's time!! 
Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 19:02:06 »

Going by twitter, the players are not happy with their performance today.

I like that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 19:13:52 »

Happy with two wins and a draw but won't get too carried away until we start playing well. Good to be too though

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 19:51:24 »

Are we going to be one of those teams, the ones where the opposition proclaim to wonder how the hell we are doing so well in the league (crosses fingers)... Frankly who cares.

Yea, we are.

That's why we're going up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 20:37:31 »

Liked Flitcroft mentioning the fans and the expense of travel in first month and that the players have to put in a performance to merit that.

First time since PDC a manager says that sort of stuff...
It's not. Williams used to trot it out on a regular basis, as did Cooper. It's just that you like Flitcroft so you believe it coming from him, so it registers.
Amir

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 20:38:19 »

Cheesy It sort of reminds me of an Oxford fan some years ago who got Tonbridge and Royal Tunbridge Wells mixed up and booked train tickets to the wrong place.

A friend of a friend got confused buying plane tickets for a Champion's League away game in Bucharest once. He was henceforth known as Budapest Tim.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 20:38:56 »

Happy with two wins and a draw but won't get too carried away until we start playing well. Good to be too though
Pfft, it's clearly just a procession from here until we are rightly crowned Champions in March.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: